Curing Cancer: IT-101

Tux of Borg

http://www.azonano.com/nanotechnology-vide...s.asp?VidID=226

Curing Cancer: IT-101 Nanoparticle Drug for Cancer Treatment

Ten years ago, Mark Davis was a chemical engineer with a successful career-until his wife Mary was diagnosed with breast cancer. Mary described her treatments as so unbearable that "she wanted to die." She turned to Mark and said, "there's got to be a better way-you can fix this." Mark felt like saying, "But I don't know squat about cancer." Instead, he immersed himself in a new field. Ten years later, Ray Natha, a pancreatic cancer patient with 3 months to live, agrees to be the first subject to be treated with IT-101, the nanoparticle drug Davis engineered. But will it work? And if it does, what are the implications for cancer treatment as we know it?

The video is kind of lengthy but it's worth the watch. Davis created a nanoparticle drug that stopped cancer from growing and didn't have any side effects (like chemotherapy does). He is now in phase II of testing and hopes to have his drug FDA approved in 3 to 7 years. :thumbsup:

EDIT: 14:45 point of the video talks about how the drug works.

He is now in phase II of testing and hopes to have his drug FDA approved in 3 to 7 years. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: the FDA

I recently lost my mom to Cancer. :cry:

Several "testing phase" treatments were known to my parents and they volunteered to undergo the treatments, said they would sign any waiver, etc

Nope, the :thumbsup: 'ing FDA said can't do human trials yet. I ask what's the worst that could have happened?

I recently lost my mom to Cancer. :thumbsup:

Several "testing phase" treatments were known to my parents and they volunteered to undergo the treatments, said they would sign any waiver, etc

Nope, the :thumbsup: 'ing FDA said can't do human trials yet. I ask what's the worst that could have happened?

Welcome to "For Profit" government.

Sorry about your loss- my dad has cancer as well....its horrible

I second this. There should be a blanket waiver to anyone at Stage 4 or beyond, if they agree. As if giving someone chemo is more humane.

Ridiculous.