BIlls draft possibilities

BeastMode54

I know a lot of people have already started to talk about trading down to get more picks. Last year there was the same sentiment. Now I don;t know exactly how the combine will go, but looking at the prospects that are out there right now, is there anyone that might be worth trading up for?

You can't argue with this list overall!

Mock Draft 2009: Send this to the Bills Personnel Dept.

Jan.12, 2009

Round

1.) Alex Mack – C- 6’4” 315 California

2.) Fili Moala - DL- 6”5” 295 USC

3.) Ron Brace - DL- 6’3” 330 – 40: 5.25 Boston College

4.) Phil Loadholt –OL- 6’8” 330 Oklahoma

5.) Pannel Egboh- DL- 6’6” 275 Stanford

6.) John Phillips- TE- 6’6” 252 -40: 4.8 Virginia

7.) Steve Rehring- OG- 6’7” 333 40: 5.39 Ohio State

Undrafted FA

Cedric Dockery – Texas –OL, Willie Rose- FAU – FB, Brooks Foster –North Carolina –WR, Greg Carr- FSU- WR, Isaiah Williams- Maryland- WR, Logan Paulson-UCLA-TE, Rory Nichols- Ohio State –TE

Unrestricted F/A

Sign :

J. Greer- CB – Buffalo,T.J. Houshmandzadeh- WR- Cincinnati,Jordin Gross-OT-Carolina, Koren Robinson-WR-Seahawks, Robert Ferguson- WR- Minnesota, Chris Komoeatu- OG- Pittsburg, Justin Peele-TE- Atlanta

You rebuild the offense/Defensive lines and this team wins 3-4 more games next year. I should be the G.M. I would need (2) more drafts and F/A to get the bills on track! RF.

at this point it doesn't look like there is a clear top defensive lineman. Someone may emerge, most likely Orakpo imo because he's both productive and a workout freak. Some people think Curry, the linebacker, is light years ahead of the pack but I'm not sure we trade up for linebacker though.

Jan.12, 2009

Round

Undrafted FA

Cedric Dockery – Texas –OL, Willie Rose- FAU – FB, Brooks Foster –North Carolina –WR, Greg Carr- FSU- WR, Isaiah Williams- Maryland- WR, Logan Paulson-UCLA-TE, Rory Nichols- Ohio State –TE

Unrestricted F/A

Sign :

J. Greer- CB – Buffalo,T.J. Houshmandzadeh- WR- Cincinnati,Jordin Gross-OT-Carolina, Koren Robinson-WR-Seahawks, Robert Ferguson- WR- Minnesota, Chris Komoeatu- OG- Pittsburg, Justin Peele-TE- Atlanta

You rebuild the offense/Defensive lines and this team wins 3-4 more games next year. I should be the G.M. I would need (2) more drafts and F/A to get the bills on track! RF.

I like the emphasis on the lines, but I do have some problems with it. Mack would be a huge reach at 11 while pass rushing talent is still on the board and desperately needed (and won't be available in the 2nd). I like Moala or Brace cause I think we need another big DT - probably don't need 2 though in the first 3 rounds. Also we already have an offensive line that is TOO giant - we need more mobile interior lineman so that we can finally run some screen passes like the rest of the league.

Jan.12, 2009

Round

Undrafted FA

Unrestricted F/A

Sign :

Not so much.

Jan.12, 2009

Round

Undrafted FA

Unrestricted F/A

Sign :

Keep an eye on this kid (Terrill Byrd DT, U of Cinci) in the later rounds. I think he's carrying at least 310 lb. now.

http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl..._terrill00.html

Jan.12, 2009

Round

Undrafted FA

Unrestricted F/A

Sign :

Not a fan of your draft at all

Trading up is costly in terms of both picks and the dollars you have to spend on the pick. The Bills in all likelihood will remain where they are, only entertainig trade offers if the draft unfolds a certain way and another team wants to move up to get a guy.

I would love to trade down a few spots and grab an extra second round pick in the process. Trading down means drafting Mack is not so much a reach.

Why? What the Bills have done recently is not working. What would you suggest?

The Bills hate to draft a player in the top ten. Actually they are not alone most teams hate it. The price of the top ten pick is too high and too much risk. Actually 11 is perfect for them. If they follow their history they will use later picks to trade up into the bottom third of the first round or trade back into the second round for a higher number 2.

Trading up for Orapko would cost alot and not gain much over the other alternatives, so far as needs go, almost all the other holes we have can be had @ 11 with the exception of Curry.

have you seen him play? picking him @ 11 would be a reach in my mind. nice player but definatly not a stud. we have to pick the best player available or @ least try to trade down but i dont see any DE's worthy of #11.

almost anyone COULD be there at 11. Crabtree( remember last year), Curry, Orakpo, With ten picks ahead of us, and alot of teams needing a QB and OT, we are in a good spot, so to answer yer kwestion, no dont trade up and and let the chips fall!!!

100% agree. Who knows how it will pan out. I know not all of these guys will be worth 11th overall when it is said and done, but right now I see Orakpo, Brown, Hardy, and Johnson at DE, plus Curry, Maleuga, Spikes, and Cushing at LB. Thats 8 guys right there I wouldn't mind the Bills taking as of today. In April more than half will be on the board. We will end up with the opportunity to take a top player to fill a top need. (TE and C are needs but not at 11)

Jan.12, 2009

Round

Undrafted FA

Unrestricted F/A

Sign :

2 more drafts WHAT!!!!! it takes 3 years to REBUILD it has been THREE YEARS this is the year they have to make it happen put the final peices into play. NOT 2 more Drafts what are you drinking???????