Brian Dawkins

what a BS tackler. always flying into the pile late, with his head down.

i hope he ends his career jamming his neck up like that before too many kids try to play like that.

great heart and soul, but that technique needs to be banned next a la horse collar tackling

I really think this shows how much you know about football - Brian has been and is one of the more highly regarded safetys to have played the game...this is nonsense....I suppose he is no comparison to the greatness that is Dante Whitner or that was Mark Kelso?

Dawkins is simply one of the best defenders in the NFL. He took Brandon Jacobs down one on one in the first half. Our linebackers can't even make that play. Football is a tough violent game, I would be thrilled to have Dawkins on our team.

Amen brother - G-R-E-A-T player...

Amen brother - G-R-E-A-T player...

Anyone who thinks that Brian Dawkins or Ray Lewis is still an above average NFL player watches too much sportscenter and not enough of the actual games. Both might be all time greats, but are simply average right now (except when it comes to "expressing emotion")

Anyone who thinks that Brian Dawkins or Ray Lewis is still an above average NFL player watches too much sportscenter and not enough of the actual games. Both might be all time greats, but are simply average right now (except when it comes to "expressing emotion")

For the sake of argument, say you are correct...at average they are better than what we have are they not?

For the sake of argument, say you are correct...at average they are better than what we have are they not?

Ray Lewis definitely, Brian Dawkins, as I said is a liability in coverage right now. He gets away with it because the eagles pass rush is so good that recievers don't have time to beat him deep, if he was on the bills I think he'd get exposed. He's still very good at coming up to stop the run and rushing the passer, but when it comes down to it he's a safety that can't cover any more.

Ray Lewis definitely, Brian Dawkins, as I said is a liability in coverage right now. He gets away with it because the eagles pass rush is so good that recievers don't have time to beat him deep, if he was on the bills I think he'd get exposed. He's still very good at coming up to stop the run and rushing the passer, but when it comes down to it he's a safety that can't cover any more.

So Dawkins would be a step down from Simpson and/or Scott in terms of coverage, or are they below average as well?

Would Dawkins 'leadership' and ability to punish runners overcome his coverage liabilities and help a team in the short term?

So Dawkins would be a step down from Simpson and/or Scott in terms of coverage, or are they below average as well?

Would Dawkins 'leadership' and ability to punish runners overcome his coverage liabilities and help a team in the short term?

Dawkins would definitely be a step down from those two as far as coverage, especially scott whose coverage ability was a very pleasant surprise this year. As far as the other stuff, I think if we want to punish runners we should look to do it by upgrading the front seven, not the secondary.

The point at the top of this thread was that Dawkins is a cheap shot artist who attempts to injure his opponent on virtually every play. I saw the same thing this weekend, and was surprised that he got away w/ it. All this other talk about "better than our guys" or "leadership" is beside the point. He intends to injure, like Rodney Harrison. If that floats your boat, good for you.

The point at the top of this thread was that Dawkins is a cheap shot artist who attempts to injure his opponent on virtually every play. I saw the same thing this weekend, and was surprised that he got away w/ it. All this other talk about "better than our guys" or "leadership" is beside the point. He intends to injure, like Rodney Harrison. If that floats your boat, good for you.

Yes having someone offenses fear throwing towards. Where wr's will tense up and alligator arm passes, and a general intimdator is the goal of defense. If we can get one those bravo on the Bills. If you enjoy seeing gentlemany like 7 yard receptions allowed on 3rd and 6, or receivers having open room to run vs our defense, but hey they have proper manners. Then good for you

I agree with Berndog to an extent, but please let's not act like dawkins isn't good on his own merit. The eagles have so much trust in their secondary they leave their corners on an island. They don't play a zone coverage, so dawkins won't be back with umbrella coverage. It's why you'll often see him chasing a wr instead of over the top. They play a 4-6 hybrid. Dawkins is better then Simpson or Whitner even at his age. Yes Jim Johnson gets the most out of him, and with Fewells scheme, he may be a bit of a liability in coverage. So are a lot of safeties around the nfl. What Dawkins would bring to this team in leadership, ability to play in the box, a blitzer off the edge, and a mentor to The db's can't be understated.

The SB Bills had Leonard Smith "cheap-shotting" people from the safety position. What he did was hit hard and sometimes a little late. He drew flags and intimidated. Think anyone's afraid of the Bills safeties like that?

Kurt Schultz used to make WRs turn their heads looking for him before catching. Since then I do not think our defense has had a Safety Enforcer since then.

Brian Dawkins is a leader period. He's the face of the eagles defense, with a desire to win games. It's football people get hit. Can't stomach it watch baseball. He would be a terrific signing for the Bills.

I've often wondered if baseball would be more fun to watch if the runner was allowed to keep and use the bat on the opposing team as he rounds the bases. Just my personal sick and twisted thought.