Who's your daddy?

Frez

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep telling me, Red Sox fans, about how you guys aren't obsessed with the Yankees. Your team just (finally) won a World Series title, and millions are at a parade chanting about the Yankees. It's truly pathetic.

And BF...notice how they are not chanting Cardinals suck. You know why? Because it goes without saying when you look like a team sponsored by Chico's Bail Bonds and get embarrassed on the national stage. Losing a 3-0 lead to the Sox sucked, but it's better than getting whipped. If only you guys could have got out of a first inning without allowing a run (or four), maybe there would have been some hope for non-Boston fans for a World Series that gave viewers some form of entertainment.

92228[/snapback]

We still hate the Yankees!!!!!...does not matter if we won the WS...we detest the Yankees and their fans

to

The Yankees are the best organization to ever play SPORTS overall - PERIOD. Good job - you escaped with ONE RING.

92387[/snapback]

All time most world series victories:

1. Yankees

2. Cardinals

3. Red Sox

At least we aren't the Chokees.

92223[/snapback]

So getting to the World Series and getting swept...and not just getting swept, but getting totally owned...that doesn't constitute "choking"?

That's a bigger choke that losing in 7 in my book. The Cards lost as many games in a row to the Sox as the Yanks did, they just forgot to win the first 3…

So getting to the World Series and getting swept...and not just getting swept, but getting totally owned...that doesn't constitute "choking"?

That's a bigger choke that losing in 7 in my book.  The Cards lost as many games in a row to the Sox as the Yanks did, they just forgot to win the first 3…

92534[/snapback]

Yeah, I wouldn't be talking too much BF. I'll admit the Yanks choked, but the Cards didn't even deserve to be in the WS with the way they played during it. The WS was the ALCS.

26 to 6, with all but 1 of those 6 coming before 1919?

92531[/snapback]

How many of the Yankees titles came before most of us were born?

In fact, how many came before the year 2000?

Face facts, the Yankees WERE a great dynasty. Now they are only very good. Its only fitting that its their turn to live in the past now.

As a Yankee fan I appologize for how some Yankee fans are reacting. No one should rain on the Sox parade...least of all Yankee fans. Come on guys, they played hard and wanted it more than we did. They earned their rings, let them enjoy it.

I for one am excited about it because I think this is the dawn of a new chapter in the greatest rivalry in all of sports. I have no ill will towards Sox fans. I am just looking forward to another batch of great games between these two clubs next season.

How many of the Yankees titles came before most of us were born?

In fact, how many came before the year 2000?

Face facts, the Yankees WERE a great dynasty.  Now they are only very good.    Its only fitting that its their turn to live in the past now.

92552[/snapback]

In my case, they've won 6 titles since I was born, and also old enough to remember them. And the Yanks were 3 outs away TWICE this past playoffs from winning another. Maybe they're not a "dynasty" anymore, but I have no wories that they will still be winning WS's in the near future.