Astro-Draft Game 1

Astrobot

Am I nuts in thinking that Brandon Tate will still go in the first 4 rounds if he proves he is healthy? If he is there in the 5th, do we take a flyer? Imagine Tate and McKelvin back there to return the kickoff...have to kick it to someone!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I nuts in thinking that Brandon Tate will still go in the first 4 rounds if he proves he is healthy? If he is there in the 5th, do we take a flyer? Imagine Tate and McKelvin back there to return the kickoff...have to kick it to someone!

DraftTek has Brandon Tate WR on their Big Board at #116, suggesting Mid-Round 4 isn't out of the question. Their Mock Draft has him going to the Giants at #124. He'd be unable to run in the combine (ACL), and would not be able to run in minicamps. He may well have to go on someone's PUP list in year one. Is he worth a RD4 to someone? Yes, but probably not us.

Astro, if the Bills ended up with Gresham, Greg Hardy, and Alex Mack that'd be amazing. But I think it's too good to be true. Mack will go late first/early second, although trading down for Gresham and going DE in RD 2 would be ideal.

Extra picks is something this team needs more than ever. With distinct needs all over the field, more options is better. I hope DJ has learned his lesson from 2006 and refusing to trade down. Not to mention trading up when the team was in rebuilding mode.

DraftTek has Brandon Tate WR on their Big Board at #116, suggesting Mid-Round 4 isn't out of the question. Their Mock Draft has him going to the Giants at #124. He'd be unable to run in the combine (ACL), and would not be able to run in minicamps. He may well have to go on someone's PUP list in year one. Is he worth a RD4 to someone? Yes, but probably not us.

You are probably correct...but per Rotoworld...

NFL Network's Mike Mayock reports that he is "hearing" North Carolina WR Brandon Tate (ACL surgery) will be able to take part in the NFL Combine.

A surefire first-rounder entering 2008, Tate unfortunately tore his ACL on October 11 against Notre Dame. Mayock still has Tate atop his senior wide receiver rankings and expects him to run a sub-4.5 forty in February. No senior this year is projected to be taken before the latter part of the first round.

I'd love for him to be there in the mid-rounds, one helluva WR prospect and the best KR in CFB.