How dare that Jerry Sullivan!

jester43

Yes, Sully is bang-on (as usual).

The two biggest issues with this team both stem from Ralph Wilson:

1. he's too cheap to buy Jauron out

2. he's too cheap, in general, to spend money on the right guys to run the team. Poliana was a bargain when he was hired. Levy was also a bargain.

We, as fans, are screwed b/c we have the dubious position of "looking forward" to when the ultimate event happens and there is a change in ownership.

But, as the saying goes, "becareful what you wish for" b/c, of course, a new owner may not hesitate to move to: L.A., Oklahoma, San Antonio, Toronto, etc.

I know I'm not saying anything new, but I need to vent - it's not fun being a fan of this team anymore.

(But, I will be for life.)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't agree more with what Sullivan said! I couldn't feel worse about where this organization is headed. Too many problems to list. Dick is only part of "all" the problems, but leadership starts at the top and no bills fan should feel good about where any of this is headed. We are the KC Royals of the NFL.

I don't post much (obviously) but I do read a fair amount of the posts on this board. I've always thought that your opinions were pretty intelligent and well thought out. I don't have the same opinion of Ralph Wilson as you do. The Bills do not provide him with the vast resources that the Cowboys or Skins provide Jones and Snyder. He has kept the Bills franchise viable by running it as a business but keeping ticket prices low. He hasn't always made the right decisions football wise (Bill Polian for example) but I am pretty confident that he does want to win, and will spend the money to that as long as it fits into the budget.

Ralph has more than enough money to run his franchise competently if he would spend it on staff instead of guys like Derrick Dockery. The Pittsburgh Steelers run like a friggin' Swiss Watch and I'm totally guessing but I doubt their revenues look much different.

It's not about how much money you have, it's how you spend it. Ralph has pretty much always been cheap with the front office/coaching staff and it's no coincidence that for the vast majority of his tenure the team has been mediocre or worse.

Thanks for the complement, though. You should post more - and you know I don't say that very often.

Seems as tho people on this board like to bash Sullivan and Mort. Both are looking better and better after yesterday's f#$%ing announcement.

Sullivan I have no problem with since he basically just tells what he thinks and doesn't really give a crap who cares or who he upsets. I can't understand how anyone can defend Mort though. The guy obviously has it out for Wilson because he fired his friend. Also you know if the Bills were a cash cow then he would be all over their nuts like he is with the Cowboys, Jets, and Patriots. Anyone can say Ralph is a liability and be right, because it's true obviously. But Mort is still trying to argue that Mularkey was a great head coach and Losman was a good draft pick. And he's a company shill, and it's especially hard to respect him for that.

Ralph has more than enough money to run his franchise competently if he would spend it on staff instead of guys like Derrick Dockery. The Pittsburgh Steelers run like a friggin' Swiss Watch and I'm totally guessing but I doubt their revenues look much different.

It's not about how much money you have, it's how you spend it. Ralph has pretty much always been cheap with the front office/coaching staff and it's no coincidence that for the vast majority of his tenure the team has been mediocre or worse.

Thanks for the complement, though. You should post more - and you know I don't say that very often.

Pittsburgh's made all that money with all of those home playoff games that we have lacked since 1996...

I can agree with some of it, but I see much of the typical fan pandering in it- oh the community deserves better, the fans deserve better....please.....do your job and don't say things that aren't insightful.

Looking at the team Jauron took over, we are better now- that team was in shambles. Wilson does meddle and he can be cheap with some things- but lets not forget the money he has shelled out for free agents such as Paup, Speilman and Washington in the past- or the contracts given to our hall of famers.

Yes, it is cheaper to keep him, I think everybody knows that. I don't think any of the coaches mentioned would come to Buffalo. Until we get our front office, offensive line and defensive line sorted out, nothing else will matter.

I don't understand why Jauron would be any more hated than Williams or Mularkey- he is clearly better than them

I can agree with some of it, but I see much of the typical fan pandering in it- oh the community deserves better, the fans deserve better....please.....do your job and don't say things that aren't insightful.

Looking at the team Jauron took over, we are better now- that team was in shambles. Wilson does meddle and he can be cheap with some things- but lets not forget the money he has shelled out for free agents such as Paup, Speilman and Washington in the past- or the contracts given to our hall of famers.

Yes, it is cheaper to keep him, I think everybody knows that. I don't think any of the coaches mentioned would come to Buffalo. Until we get our front office, offensive line and defensive line sorted out, nothing else will matter.

I don't understand why Jauron would be any more hated than Williams or Mularkey- he is clearly better than them

"We are better now", really? Bottom feeders are bottom feeders. The Bills are a joke. Keep fooling yourself. Dick Jauron is an terrible coach. If you want to defend him, knock yourself out. My beef is with RW and every joker underneath him.

Sullivan is a little weasel who takes a poll before taking a position. Earlier in the season he was praising Jauron. I don't agree with all of Jauron's decisions by any means, but switching coaches every two-three years guarantees little success.

Imo, Jauron never should have been hired in the 1st place. He has one 13-3 season in how many years? Ralph stating that Dick being retained for "continuity" :lol: 3 years- 3 ( 7-9 ) seasons, how can we reasonably expect any better next season? :doh: