I want to give Ralph the benefit of the doubt...

Arkady Renko

But how is Jauron any more deserving of keeping his job as HC as Williams or Philips was? Just one 8-8 season from Philips led to his ouster and Williams at least had gotten to 8-8 and arguably just hit a rough patch after two impressive wins to start 2003.

The only difference is eating a large contract as far as I can tell.

But how is Jauron any more deserving of keeping his job as HC as Williams or Philips was? Just one 8-8 season from Philips led to his ouster and Williams at least had gotten to 8-8 and arguably just hit a rough patch after two impressive wins to start 2003.

Diminished faculties? :lol:

I get the feeling old man Wilson is growing soft in his old age. George Steinbrenner would fire Billy Martin for looking at him the wrong way. But even when Torre couldn't get past the division series, someone convinced George to keep Torre.

Things are different than when Wade was HC. At that time, Buffalo fans demanded success, not mediocrity. 8-8 wasn't good enough in 2000, despite a horrible cap situation. Now that the team is financially doing well, anything is good so long as the people keep coming to the stadium.

Phillips: 29-19, two playoff appearances. Worst season: 8-8.

Williams: 17-31, zero playoff appearances. Worst season: 3-13.

Jauron: 21-27, zero playoff appearances. Worst season: 7-9.

No justification for Jauron's return; it's pretty sad that Phillips' worst season, .500, is something the Bills have achieved only twice (in 2002 and 2004) since his departure. 'Tis a joke of a franchise run by an inept owner.