Anyone else feeling ill?

DeeRay

"What you do is you try to breed an environment of positives," said Bills quarterback Drew Bledsoe. "You try to go forward with a very positive attitude: "OK, this is what we have to do to win.' We're not focused on the negative is what I'm saying. We're focused on the positive going forward."

Don't know about you all, but my stomach is churning, I'm getting that bad bile taste in my mouth... I'm about to blow lunch and I haven't even digested my breakfast yet.

You know what's really fugged up? In an effort to yet again rehash the same thing over and over, DeeRay somehow manages to piss on what is a very good, proven outlook on life. No matter what is happening around you, you must ALWAYS focus on the positive. You must also look for the upside. Put the negatives behind you and push on towards the positives, whatever and whereever they may be.

Apparently the idea of overcoming adversity and pressing forward makes DeeRay wanna puke.

You know what's really fugged up? In an effort to yet again rehash the same thing over and over, DeeRay somehow manages to piss on what is a very good, proven outlook on life. No matter what is happening around you, you must ALWAYS focus on the positive. You must also look for the upside. Put the negatives behind you and push on towards the positives, whatever and whereever they may be.

Apparently the idea of overcoming adversity and pressing forward makes DeeRay wanna puke.

90766[/snapback]

Maybe that's been Drew's problem? He's been too positive and nurturing. Now he's actually calling people out. Like I said, hopefully it's a wake-the-fug-up call for the REST of the offense and they get their collective heads out of their asses.

Hey Paco, my bad. I didn't mean to piss in your cornflakes. The Bills are 5 and 1 and Bledsoe leads the league passing. Bledsoe is going to shred the Cardinals this week... you just watch. This positive Karma is working already.

Hey Paco, my bad.  I didn't mean to piss in your cornflakes.  The Bills are 5 and 1 and Bledsoe leads the league passing.  Bledsoe is going to shred the Cardinals this week... you just watch.  This positive Karma is working already.

90816[/snapback]

The point, DeeRay, is that we know we suck. We know we have problems with Bledsoe. I keep waiting for you to post a thread saying "Bledsoe got out of bed and brushed his teeth BEFORE shaving! Is this what we want in a quarterback?"

We get it. He's struggling. Pointing out every single little thing he says or does (even if he's saying the right things despite the futility) is just...well...beating a dead horse.

Maybe that's been Drew's problem?  He's been too positive and nurturing.  Now he's actually calling people out.  Like I said, hopefully it's a wake-the-fug-up call for the REST of the offense and they get their collective heads out of their asses.

90806[/snapback]

i think his "problem" is that he got hit in the head too many times and now he can't react fast enough to play the position. i agree that it is ridiculous to bash drew for the comments posted above...he is approaching the situation exactly as he should, and saying exactly WHAT he should.

i would further assert that the reason the players are so loyal to him is that he consistently does all the things a good leader does...he doesn't point the finger at his teammates, he takes charge in the huddle, works hard, has a positive outlook, etc. etc. i understand his comments after sunday's game might be construed as a knock to his o-line, but by and large, he has handled himself with class and dignity throughout this very difficult period. he has not been a finger-pointer. i think his teammates recognize this and support him because of it. i believe in my heart they want him to succeed.

the other side of the story, of course, is that at some point you have to perform. basically, i think it's safe to say that guy does EVERYTHING right, except for the most important thing, which is to help us put points on the board. that's why he's coming to the end of the line as a starting QB. i think his a teammates sense this, but are staying behind him as much as possible because they respect him so much.

i said earlier, and i truly believe, that bledsoe will be benched after this sunday's game. i'm sorry about this, as he is everything a hometown hero should be...except good at his job. i really want him to succeed, but i think it's over. unlike many others here, i won't take any joy in seeing him run out of town after the season. and i don't think his teammates will either. but i think it's gonna happen. :lol:

i think his "problem" is that he got hit in the head too many times and now he can't react fast enough to play the position.  i agree that it is ridiculous to bash drew for the comments posted above...he is approaching the situation exactly as he should, and saying exactly WHAT he should.

i would further assert that the reason the players are so loyal to him is that he consistently does all the things a good leader does...he doesn't point the finger at his teammates, he takes charge in the huddle, works hard, has a positive outlook, etc. etc.  i understand his comments after sunday's game might be construed as a knock to his o-line, but by and large, he has handled himself with class and dignity throughout this very difficult period.  he has not been a finger-pointer.  i think his teammates recognize this and support him because of it.  i believe in my heart they want him to succeed.

the other side of the story, of course, is that at some point you have to perform.  basically, i think it's safe to say that guy does EVERYTHING right, except for the most important thing, which is to help us put points on the board.  that's why he's coming to the end of the line as a starting QB.  i think his a teammates sense this, but are staying behind him as much as possible because they respect him so much. 

i said earlier, and i truly believe, that bledsoe will be benched after this sunday's game.  i'm sorry about this, as he is everything a hometown hero should be...except good at his job.  i really want him to succeed, but i think it's over.  unlike many others here, i won't take any joy in seeing him run out of town after the season.  and i don't think his teammates will either.  but i think it's gonna happen. :lol:

91019[/snapback]

I agree with everything you said. However rather than go with plan Q at QB looking for a miracle fix, I'd rather see OTHER areas on offense get benched first, namely O-line and WR's. People say "well, can Matthews or Losman do any worse?" The answer is "yes, much worse." The Bills have been in every game up until the end, and with either of these guys probably end up losing badly instead of barely losing. Now while in Matthews case it makes no sense to start him, for Losman is DOES since it gets a jump-start on the future. However the same problems on offense would exist and Losman gets exposed to potentially injurious situations. Again I hope that Bledsoe calling players out (finally) gets them to stop liking him and wanting him to succeed, and start doing their fuggin' jobs.

i think his "problem" is that he got hit in the head too many times and now he can't react fast enough to play the position.  i agree that it is ridiculous to bash drew for the comments posted above...he is approaching the situation exactly as he should, and saying exactly WHAT he should.

i would further assert that the reason the players are so loyal to him is that he consistently does all the things a good leader does...he doesn't point the finger at his teammates, he takes charge in the huddle, works hard, has a positive outlook, etc. etc.  i understand his comments after sunday's game might be construed as a knock to his o-line, but by and large, he has handled himself with class and dignity throughout this very difficult period.  he has not been a finger-pointer.  i think his teammates recognize this and support him because of it.  i believe in my heart they want him to succeed.

the other side of the story, of course, is that at some point you have to perform.  basically, i think it's safe to say that guy does EVERYTHING right, except for the most important thing, which is to help us put points on the board.  that's why he's coming to the end of the line as a starting QB.  i think his a teammates sense this, but are staying behind him as much as possible because they respect him so much. 

i said earlier, and i truly believe, that bledsoe will be benched after this sunday's game.  i'm sorry about this, as he is everything a hometown hero should be...except good at his job.  i really want him to succeed, but i think it's over.  unlike many others here, i won't take any joy in seeing him run out of town after the season.  and i don't think his teammates will either.  but i think it's gonna happen. :lol:

91019[/snapback]

Damn jester...that sums my sentiments up very nicely. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd have written a similar statement, though not as eloquent.