Bobby April's turn, let's see if he can coach the whole team l

Chuckknox

If they can bring in a few good coaches, he will be a great HC. He has earned a look and he can be the quick decision maker on game day we need. I am sure he can coach a few surprises for the pats, jets, fins.

I have supported this idea from the beginning - I thought they should have made him the head coach 3 years ago!

I hope this isn't the option they take. BUT, if they are going to go with a run of the mill coordinator, or an NFL HC retread (with few exceptions) I agree that it might as give April a shot...IF they can find good coordinators to work for him.

Again, I prefer Ralph make a real statement with this hire (a POSITIVE statement), and get one of the very few near top level HCs available. But, as that is unlikely, there are worse options than April, IMO.

I hope this isn't the option they take. BUT, if they are going to go with a run of the mill coordinator, or an NFL HC retread (with few exceptions) I agree that it might as give April a shot...IF they can find good coordinators to work for him.

Again, I prefer Ralph make a real statement with this hire (a POSITIVE statement), and get one of the very few near top level HCs available. But, as that is unlikely, there are worse options than April, IMO.

I completely agree, there are many many worse options than April - like keeping Jauron. However, I really like the idea of promoting April - I'm saying almost as much as I like the idea of going with Marty Ball. He always gets pumped on the sidelines, is jumping up and down and is very animated....I know I know that doesn't make a good coach.

I don't really have any data or proof to back up how he would fare as a HC but for what it's worth, isn't hiring anyone else really just as much of a crapshoot?

I completely agree, there are many many worse options than April - like keeping Jauron. However, I really like the idea of promoting April - I'm saying almost as much as I like the idea of going with Marty Ball. He always gets pumped on the sidelines, is jumping up and down and is very animated....I know I know that doesn't make a good coach.

I don't really have any data or proof to back up how he would fare as a HC but for what it's worth, isn't hiring anyone else really just as much of a crapshoot?

Well, I think there are a few choices that aren't crapshoots...and I'd prefer the Bills try to go with one of those few choices. But, it is fairly likely the Bills WILL go with a crapshoot. If that's the case, I'm fine with April

Motivates his players. Players play for him. The ONLY unit that has consistently performed as the best in the NFL. The ONLY unit that matches up against the Pats and is better than NE when we play them.

More importantly I think is that he is innovative and takes risks and has some creativity. Bring in B April and I am fine with that. I think it works with the continuity thing as well.

Guest dog14787

Bobby April as HC doesn't seem like such a bad idea, what I want to know is what would Bobby April do about a new coaching staff, most importantly the OC position.

You also have to wonder if we would be putting a very good special teams coach into something that's way over his head and promoting from within hasn't worked out to well as of late.

If they can bring in a few good coaches, he will be a great HC. He has earned a look and he can be the quick decision maker on game day we need. I am sure he can coach a few surprises for the pats, jets, fins.

I like Bobby April. He shows a lot of passion on the sidelines, and that's a marked improvement in itself.

Bobby April as HC doesn't seem like such a bad idea, what I want to know is what would Bobby April do about a new coaching staff, most importantly the OC position.

You also have to wonder if we would be putting a very good special teams coach into something that's way over his head and promoting from within hasn't worked out to well as of late.

Marv was a ST coach.

Guest dog14787
Marv was a ST coach.

Marv Levy didn't turn out to bad at all now did he, but would Bobby April be able to attract a good coaching staff I wonder.

I like the emotion Bobby April's shows and his passion for the game.

After the last 3 years, the only job Jauron is worthy of is urinal cake changer guy

Jauron would stand in front of the urinal with a blank stare on his face. At 5pm, he'd report to his supervisor, "well, obviously we'd like to have changed a few dozen urinal soap cakes instead of just standing there and getting peed on...but I'll try better tomorrow..."