Oakland asks permission to speak with Giant's Coordinator

TheMadCap

It's Killdrive!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3798205

OMG, Al Davis is completely Batshit crazy!!!!

Is he batshit crazy, or is Kevin Gilbride the only coach who will work for him? I realize that those two things are not mutually exclusive, but it's fun to try and justify Al Davis' moves when in reality I'm just happy that at least we don't have that franchise.

Here's a pretty funny comment from Don Banks at SI:

• I do believe Raiders interim head coach Tom Cable just took a giant step toward locking up the fulltime gig in Oakland. What more could a guy do to win his way into Al Davis's heart these days beside beating Mike Shanahan in Denver, knocking Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen's Bucs out of the playoffs in Tampa, and making sure that Monte "Father of Lane'' Kiffin loses his final game as the Bucs defensive coordinator?

That's the triple crown of sorts if you're Davis, who always has an old score or three to settle with his enemies. When the 2009 season opens, I fully expect to see the John Madden-sized Cable still calling the shots in Oakland (at least on the sidelines).

Is he batshit crazy, or is Kevin Gilbride the only coach who will work for him? I realize that those two things are not mutually exclusive, but it's fun to try and justify Al Davis' moves when in reality I'm just happy that at least we don't have that franchise.

Right, let's all pretend that we are soooo much better off and our owner is much less crazy than Al Davis.....ha! There's not a whole lot of difference between the owners.

Im not suprised. He trained Manning and has great gameplans. In NY he got their Oline to play great, and uses 3 great RBs to win games, and lets Manning do it through the air with ease because of the running game and PA. Oakland has a young QB who needs some help, and 3 great running backs. Let him build their line, establish the run, and make the QBs job easy.... sounds like we need this guy eh? Dont forget at how abismal Eli looked before the ground game got rolling in NY, now he is a Superbowl MVP.