Whitner comments

AlbanyBill

"not playing to potential" is a clear reflection on the coaches. If we had this record and the team said "we left it all on the filed and just could not get it done" I would feel better about the coaches, even the loveable blockhead DJ. We need coaches that light fires, that calls out players (strategically) and shows emotion.

I will never understand why so many people here have it out for this guy.

Speaking for myself, the issues I have with Whitner have nothing to do with what he said yesterday, or even his playoff guarantee at the beginning of the season. I actually liked that because it showed a brashness that is needed on this team.

No, what I object to with Whitner is his almost complete lack of playmaking on the field. This would be a concern if he was a 4th round pick, but at #8 overall it's a real monkey on his back - a shadow he carries with him onto the field. An organization can't afford to get just competence with a #8 pick. And GETTING SMOKED BY SAMMY MORRIS doesn't help his case either. He is not a difference maker.

Speaking for myself, the issues I have with Whitner have nothing to do with what he said yesterday, or even his playoff guarantee at the beginning of the season. I actually liked that because it showed a brashness that is needed on this team.

No, what I object to with Whitner is his almost complete lack of playmaking on the field. This would be a concern if he was a 4th round pick, but at #8 overall it's a real monkey on his back - a shadow he carries with him onto the field. An organization can't afford to get just competence with a #8 pick. And GETTING SMOKED BY SAMMY MORRIS doesn't help his case either. He is not a difference maker.

+1

After the Bills lost their last game of the season and brought an end to this most disappointing season, this is what defensive co-Captain Donte Whitner had to say:

“My perspective is we underachieved as a football team,” Whitner said. “Someone brought it to my attention saying, ‘You guys went 2-8, or something crazy.’ I didn’t even look at it that way and that’s what happened. We are an underachieving football team and that’s what we are.”

Are you kidding me donte!?!? Yo didn't look at it that way?! How did you look at it when the team lost 8 of the last 10 games?! And you think it's disappointing?! No f*cking sh*t!

Oh and please Donte, don't guarantee sh*t next year!

Donte...Ralph doesn't think the Bills have enough talent....

I have no problem with Donte. He is a leader. But not knowing your record and how much your team is slipping away is worse than not knowing its 3rd down.

The day Donte becomes a leader is the day Donte stops running his mouth, and starts holding his teammates accountable.