Mangini out as Jets coach.

billieve420

The biggest reason that Mangini may look good as a HC is that he played two games against Jauron. I still think that accepting a 3rd down penalty back in Nov was a huge mistake and the only reason that no one talks about it is because Edwards through the INT to Elam. But you cannot coach to a potential INT to save bad decisions. Just like Jauron is too cautious, Mangini is too cavlaier.

Agreed. Yesterday's game is a perfect example, Favre just killed the Jets. He should be charged with murdering Mangini's career.

I don't know if Mangini will be the best available option, but he's light years better than Jauron.

Absolutely agree. But I think Ralph is going to let DJ twist in the wind a while and see who's available. If he doesn't think there is a better option, DJ will return--hard as that is for us to swallow. I just don't think Mangini is Ralph's type of hire.

I listened to the Jets press conference and a reporter asked Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum, and I am paraphrasing, "You are the one that signed Favre and that was a disaster, why is Eric Mangini the scapegoat?" The NY media, gotta love em'!

Having said that I wouldn't touch Mangini. I would be interested in Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer in some capacity though. Not sure he's ready to be a HC yet.

I still think that accepting a 3rd down penalty back in Nov was a huge mistake and the only reason that no one talks about it is because Edwards through the INT to Elam.

Very true, that bonehead move would go down in the "Morninwhig taking the wind in OT @Chicago" category if Elam doesn't make that play.