Sully cooks DJ......again....

SKOOBY

I know Jerry Sullivan isn't popular in these parts because his columns are usually negative. But you can't argue when he cites obvious examples of Dick Jauron's game day ineptitude.

Agreed. These last few years, there's been no shortage of stuff to be negative about, eh?

And on a totally unrelated note, I got an interesting (but not exactly unexpected) reaction when I mentioned TBD to Jerry yesterday ...

Agreed. These last few years, there's been no shortage of stuff to be negative about, eh?

And on a totally unrelated note, I got an interesting (but not exactly unexpected) reaction when I mentioned TBD to Jerry yesterday ...

what was that exactly? i hope it wasn't too negative because a lot of us like his columns- they are by far the most interesting in the buff-news.

and then you have douches on buffalo radio (shredd & ragan) week after week saying DJ doesnt deserve to be fired, its not his fault, and that Sullivan is an idiot. Sullivan says exactly what most bills fans are thinking, I love to read him ripping this organization a new !@#$.

"but not exactly unexpected" :thumbsup:

Well, he didn't threaten me with the golf club he was carrying at the time, so I took that as a positive. More along the lines of, "tell them to take it easy on me over there," said with a laugh. He knows the deal -- his job makes him a lightning rod.

I've told this before, but the first time I ever met Sully was at a TBD tailgate, back when GR still set up in Hammer's lot (and Brad Riter still worked there). A few of us ended up on the broadcast, with a little talk about this site. At one point, Brad looked at Jerry, pointed at us, and said something along the lines of, "You realize all these people HATE you, right?"

:flirt:

Of course, that was several non-playoff seasons ago ...

and then you have douches on buffalo radio (shredd & ragan) week after week saying DJ doesnt deserve to be fired, its not his fault, and that Sullivan is an idiot. Sullivan says exactly what most bills fans are thinking, I love to read him ripping this organization a new !@#$.

He is being very blunt, which is what I think RW needs to see. Ralph reads the paper and does respond on occasion, even as recent as several weeks ago as I recall. Hopefully the message got through to Ralph and we lose DJ.

Me too--he recognizes that Ralph is cheap, a meddler. Let me also tell you I met someone at a bar who is still very close to the players during the Kelly/Thurman era and he told me over some beers that that group HATED Ralph.

Must admit that my first thought was the same as Sully's when I watched the press conference. The end of another 7-9 season and Dick decides to open with interesting weather?

How about the fact the Edwards got the end of the half 3rd down play late because they couldn't decide on what play to run?? He hadn't gotten a play be the time the transmitter was cut off so he had to run to the sidelines for the play. Then run back. Then call the play. Then get the snap and handoff in less than 15 seconds. Of course our brilliant coaches decided a run was the best play to call. Genius, pure genius. B-):P:lol:

I have to agree with Sully here even though my expectations yesterday were pretty low. The staff's approach to this game was certainly not consistent with that of a team with nothing to lose. They coached and played afraid. Afraid to make mistakes, afraid to take chances, afraid of big bad Bill. At the end of the 1st half they had 2 timeouts plus the 2 minute warning and 4:16 on the clock. They ran 11 plays, most of them rushing plays with the wind at their backs. Three of the passes were check downs to the TE for minimal yardage. And they wasted up to 40 seconds between plays on 2 occasions I can recall. It looked to me like the offense never practices the 2 minute drill. The staff was content with playing for a FG attempt to tie the game at the half. Only when the game was out of reach did the play calling open things up. Too late.

But this all seems like Juron's standard mode of operation, play not to lose, keep it close, and hope to pull it out. If Wilson is commited to improving the staff by bringing in someone with a high level of competence (and hoepfully experience) I say make the change at HC. But if he's going to bring in another second tier head coach why make the change from one dud to another?

C'mon Ralph. Play to win....

You have to remember that it was an interesting day weather-wise.

Clock management , play calling and coaching in general is so bad one might almost think the plans were to lose the game on purpose. Some highschool coaches couls have done better. Could it be that somewhere along the line the plans were to lose the games along with other games?