What is the harm in or the reason behind not being able to post during

billsfreak

Not trying to start trouble, honestly, but I made post during the game (wasn't aware I wasnt supposed to) and it got locked up, then when I made a comment my acccount was locked out. What is the reason for this? Is there reasoning behind this rule, if so, please explain. I am not sure what harm it does? Thanks.

All gametime things get stuffed into the game day thread. There would be 100 threads about how everyone hates every play otherwise. Mind you we all want to vent with our own thread but until after the game, it all goes in the pot.

Not sure it makes sense to me and didn't think I was venting, but whomever runs the board could at least explain, instead of just locking you out of the board for 4 or so hours. A little courtesy might be nice. Just because people are upset about the Bills (I am one also), don't take it out on others.

Not sure it makes sense to me and didn't think I was venting, but whomever runs the board could at least explain, instead of just locking you out of the board for 4 or so hours. A little courtesy might be nice. Just because people are upset about the Bills (I am one also), don't take it out on others.

Yeah, um, er, uh, that would be nice if they'd explain it...

In-game Moderating Policy

(It's pinned, right there for all to see, at the very top of the board.)

And they couldn't say "please read the policy? didnt even have to say please, but to just lock you out? Like I said, dont take it out on others.

The policy is pinned and bolded. Don't complain because you didn't bother to read the rules.

Why would that solve anything?

Because then the "clutter" wouldn't hinder anyone finding the Game Thread. After the game ends, the gobs of similar threads always occur, anyways, so the rules are just a tad foggy in their logic.

Don't mind me. I was always a problem child.

Because then the "clutter" wouldn't hinder anyone finding the Game Thread. After the game ends, the gobs of similar threads always occur, anyways, so the rules are just a tad foggy in their logic.

Don't mind me. I was always a problem child.

Maybe you need to read the pinned thread on the policy. It has nothing to do with "finding the thread". The gameday thread is almost always at, or near, the top of the board, so I doubt people are starting new threads because they don't see the "official" thread. For the record, here is the policy post (bolded emphasis mine):

There seemed to be some confusion over deleted threads during the Cardinals game. For those of you who may not be aware of the way this board operates, to ease the strain on our server, we have a longstanding policy of not allowing multiple new game-related threads while the official gameday thread is still active.

We thank you for your cooperation, and apologize for any misunderstandings.

The first time you did it I took the time to politely ask you not to start new threads during games, including throwing in a please and thank you even though there are multiple places on the Wall already requesting such, which anybody paying the least bit of attention would have noticed.

Your response?

To start yet another new thread during the game, immediately after you had been politely asked not to; this time commenting on how the rule is stupid and this is some kind of communist board.

You'll pardon me if I now fail to sympathize with your self-absorbed bleating. :lol: