What is everyones opinions in the level

1.) Lets get this straight - we don't call short pass plays. When the play is over, that's what we end up with, but that's not what the objective of the play is. You can tell because Trent drops back in 5 step drops (3 steps are for short passes, 5 are for longer, developing routes) and then holds onto the ball (because teams take away the deep ball with us) and eventually has to dump it off. The one thing teams take away is Lee Evans and the deep ball, and that is the result for our short pass plays.

2.) If you notice, most of the time when there's pressure on the QB, its coming from around one of the ends (either Peters or Walker) and not from Preston or up the middle. Preston is doing a good job pass blocking.

This is starting to get a little off topic......but even if they are taking away Lee Evans I hae heard time and time again (I actually cant see it for sure as I am not at the stadium) that there ARE players open downfield. Why is the ball not going there?

PS. Mack has it rolling now....I LOVE the way he is playing right now.....he is getting downfield and getting onto defenders at the 2nd level.

Mack is the real deal

I'd say he's worthy of a 1st round pick, but not a top 12 pick like we'll have. If we can trade back in round 1 and still get the young man, I say HECK YEAH!!! :angry:

Here's the thing. Mack is being touted as a rookie starter in the NFL for whatever team gets him. After the first couple of DE's, that will certainly be off the board before the Bills' #10 - #16 first round pick, the rest are good looking prospects but not definite starters. With both positions being such high need positions, I think the Bills should "reach" down to Mack and draft him with their first round pick, regardless of where the draft gurus have him ranked. The best DE available with their #43 - #49 second round pick, will better value then whatever center is available at that pick, because Mack will be long gone by then, and he is head and shoulders the best center in the draft.

Max Unger, 6' 5" 305, Oregon; Jonathan Luigs, 6' 4" 314, Arkansas; Antoine Caldwell, 6' 3" 298, Alabama might not be as good as Alex Mack, but they are better than Duke Preston. I would wait to the second round to pick a Center and take a Defensive play maker (DE or OLB) with the 1st round pick.

Max Unger, 6' 5" 305, Oregon; Jonathan Luigs, 6' 4" 314, Arkansas; Antoine Caldwell, 6' 3" 298, Alabama might not be as good as Alex Mack, but they are better than Duke Preston. I would wait to the second round to pick a Center and take a Defensive play maker (DE or OLB) with the 1st round pick.

I agree.

Max Unger 6' 5" 305 Oregon; Jonathan Luigs 6' 4" 314 Arkansas; Antoine Caldwell, 6' 3" 298, Alabama are excellant prospects if Alex Mack is'nt available in the 2nd round.

I think all of these guys are good prospects and should be there in round two. IMO there is no center worth a top 15 pick in this draft. The espn crew projects Mack as a 2nd or 3rd round pick, for what thats worth.

Does anybody know what happened to LeCharles Bentley? He was a really good center then hurt w/Browns, released at the beginning of the year and is still on the street, did he reitire or he could be an upgrade if healthy.

We need to address either the DE or OLB in FA, and the other should go towards our first round pick.

I don't think the gap between Mack and the other top centers coming into the draft are as large as some people think. I'm a fan of the physical play of Caldwell myself and I'm praying he's available when we pick in the 2nd.

There are a few people in my scouting circle that feel Unger is the best center in the draft. Yes, better than Mack. Don't overlook Caldwell from Alabama. He's my personal favorite of the bunch, not because I think he's the best center, but because I think he's the best center for our needs. He is a run blocking machine, is stout, has great technique, and pushed around Peria Jerry (one of the top, if not THE top, NT in this year's draft) all day.

Not only does Caldwell have great technique, but here's a few other tidbits on him:

1.) Experience - He's started EVERY game since he was a freshman, besides a 4 game suspension over lending textbooks to his girlfriend.

2.) Smarts - He was the first Alabama football player to graduate in only 3 years and is already working on his graduate degree.

3.) Leadership - He was named an Alabama permanent team captain in 2007, which is a big deal because this was when he was a junior. Traditionally, you must be a senior to get this honor.

I'm not going to go and say he is better than Mack, but I've seen Luigs and Caldwell and would take AC any day of the week.

We also need a big time TE. With the talent in this draft class, we NEED to come away with a starting center, and from the look of it, we can do that in round 2 or even 3. I think adding a TE like Pettigrew, Gresham, or Coffman would be absolutely huge for the O. I dont know why it will happen though, because we have only had the same need since about '95.

Wow- as if you needed any more evidence that we need a center- there is 11 mins left in the second quater, and every other run play preston has been pushed 3-5 yards into the backfield. Somehow we are still getting production, but he is getting domminated.