if you could own a muscle car what would it be ?

NicholasCal1

There is absolutely no reason for that but it's cool as hell! :wallbash:

Like bdelma said... It works and is practical... Run the wire right to the hood... Doesn't have to pass through the firewall... How practical is that!

Kinda like a early HUD... Head's Up Display... Wasn't the F-16 Falcon during that era with a HUD? The hood tach was the "poor man's" HUD!

:worthy:

1970 Chevelle SS LS-6 454

Get out of my head.

hate when people try and fool you with theier car. ie a olds cutless with 442 markings or a lemans with gto badges

Little trick to out those who do this sham job on Chevelles....look at the front marker lights. TRUE SS's had white ones and regular Chevelles had yellow ones.

1987 Buick Grand National

The fastest car ever built by GM up to that time. I don't know if it still is but that thing was cool. They used to sell "I brake for Corvettes" bumper stickers for them.

My buddy had one back in 88. That car was BAD BAD AZZ. An absolute BLAST to drive. Roll out from a light to about 15 MPH and STOMP on the gas. The car slowly lurches forward, the boost gage shoots all the way up and then youre pinned to the seat while the rear wheels break free of the pavement and sends the rear end of the car slightly sideways while you sprint up to 110 MPH. Then shut her down and listen to the waste gate let out the pressure while the front end drops and whatever fool you were racing is firmly in the rear view mirror. Awesome.

The only thing that sucked was that you had to let the turbos spin down for a good while after you were done. So after a few runs, we would head back to the nearest parking lot and there would be about three of four various T-Types and GNs all with their hoods open, all idling.

I grew up around the glory days of street racing here on Long Island. Routes 231 and 27 were all the rage. GNs and T-types, Vettes, older Camaros and Formulas with custom engines and 200 HP nitrous boosts, lots of Mustang notchbacks with the five-ohs and "world class" T-5s leaving bits of third gear all over the street. Cops would chase us and were more interested in writing tickets for open exhaust or wide tires than they were for actual racing! There would be so many muscle cars idling in parking lots, the rumble and smell of Sunoco Ultra or even actual racing gas made you think you were in the E-Town pits on a Sunday afternoon. Great times.

Get out of my head.

Little trick to out those who do this sham job on Chevelles....look at the front marker lights. TRUE SS's had white ones and regular Chevelles had yellow ones.

My buddy had one back in 88. That car was BAD BAD AZZ. An absolute BLAST to drive. Roll out from a light to about 15 MPH and STOMP on the gas. The car slowly lurches forward, the boost gage shoots all the way up and then youre pinned to the seat while the rear wheels break free of the pavement and sends the rear end of the car slightly sideways while you sprint up to 110 MPH. Then shut her down and listen to the waste gate let out the pressure while the front end drops and whatever fool you were racing is firmly in the rear view mirror. Awesome.

The only thing that sucked was that you had to let the turbos spin down for a good while after you were done. So after a few runs, we would head back to the nearest parking lot and there would be about three of four various T-Types and GNs all with their hoods open, all idling.

I grew up around the glory days of street racing here on Long Island. Routes 231 and 27 were all the rage. GNs and T-types, Vettes, older Camaros and Formulas with custom engines and 200 HP nitrous boosts, lots of Mustang notchbacks with the five-ohs and "world class" T-5s leaving bits of third gear all over the street. Cops would chase us and were more interested in writing tickets for open exhaust or wide tires than they were for actual racing! There would be so many muscle cars idling in parking lots, the rumble and smell of Sunoco Ultra or even actual racing gas made you think you were in the E-Town pits on a Sunday afternoon. Great times.

we had ohio street for street raceing. and pats hot dog stand for car show then race up and down sheridan drive.i loved it when cars were trailered in lol. great stuff. makes me want to watch the movie hot rod starring robert culp and grant goodeve. a drag race movie from the late 70s. if any one has it let me know please. :thumbsup: