Time to rethink the Tampa 2 Defense

Bufcomments

I think they need a new thought on defense

They have to be able to get a pass rush and so far with the way they play its not working

If they drop DEs in coverage its a instant mis-mismatch and any good QB will see it everytime

Heres what i would do

Have Donte Whitner eat , bulkup and make him a LB ( see Coy Wire) and blitz more often off the edge.....he is a liabilty in coverage

Add some weight to both Kelsay and Schobel ...Schobel played better when he was 10 pounds heavier and had his best seasons at a bigger weight.

We have some good cornerbacks.......why play them so far off the WRs ??? play more bump and run coverage

bring 5 guys on almost every passing situation.....our D-line is not strong enough to do it by themselfs

Keep starting Scott at SS i think he has earned the job

Bring Crowell back..... I know this might not happen but he his certainly better than Ellison

Dump Ellison period .....is he on the field ??? hell i dont see him

Resign Greer and make him your nickel back

Keep Youbooty and make him Free safety...out the box thinking i know but Simpson has regressed

Plus i think he has better ball skills than either donte or simpson

I think the talent level is OK but not top flight as we all know

But i do believe we can make some tweeks with some players

What yall think??

the tampa two defense is for girl scouts.i would much rather have a defense that dictates to the offense not the other way around. i like dick lebeau s zone blitz style or buddy ryans 46 defense. imo an aggresive defense forces more turnovers. we need a defense that plays with an attitude.

the tampa two defense is for girl scouts.i would much rather have a defense that dictates to the offense not the other way around. i like dick lebeau s zone blitz style or buddy ryans 46 defense. imo an aggresive defense forces more turnovers. we need a defense that plays with an attitude.

I love the zone blitz defense also

I think it creates an aggresive style of play

They have to be able to get a pass rush and so far with the way they play its not working

If they drop DEs in coverage its a instant mis-mismatch and any good QB will see it everytime

Heres what i would do

Have Donte Whitner eat , bulkup and make him a LB ( see Coy Wire) and blitz more often off the edge.....he is a liabilty in coverage

Add some weight to both Kelsay and Schobel ...Schobel played better when he was 10 pounds heavier and had his best seasons at a bigger weight.

We have some good cornerbacks.......why play them so far off the WRs ??? play more bump and run coverage

bring 5 guys on almost every passing situation.....our D-line is not strong enough to do it by themselfs

Bring Crowell back..... I know this might not happen but he his certainly better than Ellison

Keep Youbooty and make him Free safety...out the box thinking i know but Simpson has regressed

What yall think??

..or we could not do any of that and just draft or sign a pass rusher.

Heres what i would do

What yall think??

:unsure:

I don't mean to sound like an ass but this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Wow.

You people are idiots.

The Tampa two is a great scheme.... it just doesn't help that our DE's have like 4 sacks on the year.

I guess that is what his original point was...We just do not have the right players for this defense....

i want the exact defense from 1999 brought back. same players, everything. now that was a defense.

Lets' run the Baltimore Defense, they have an aggressive defense and guys who hit you and knock the crap out of you, we have guys who just knock you out of bounds. When was the last time you remember a Bills player being on a highlight reel for a hard hard hit ???

Yup. A couple of hard-hitters helps send a message, sets a tone. Even at the risk of getting a personal foul.

Lets run the Baltimore Defense, they have an aggressive defense and guys who hit you and knock the crap out of you, we have guys who just knock you out of bounds. when was the las time you remember a Bills player being a high lite reel for a hard hard hit ???

Last year when Donte Whitner put Chad Johnson into next week.

Last year when Donte Whitner put Chad Johnson into next week.

Whitner hit him when he was already going to the turf. I was surprised a flag wasn't thrown.

Ocho Dinko was short-arming passes and taking dives all game long. Recall TJ Housh yelling at him on the sideline.

After his drama queen performance, he had a miracle recovery and got on the team plane that evening.

He's out now - missed the CLE game and will miss this Sunday against KC - tweaked hamstring. I'm sure it's legit - I will say that he plays hurt, and has taken hellacious hits all his career. This injury is bad timing for him - he likes to dog it, but usually finishes strong. Its' messing with his desire to get traded. :lol:

..or we could not do any of that and just draft or sign a pass rusher.

hahahaha, yeah, really, in order for the ta,pa 2 to be more effective, we just need another pass rusher. i hope that's the priority in the off season

Whitner hit him when he was already going to the turf. I was surprised a flag wasn't thrown.

Ocho Dinko was short-arming passes and taking dives all game long. Recall TJ Housh yelling at him on the sideline.

After his drama queen performance, he had a miracle recovery and got on the team plane that evening.

He's out now - missed the CLE game and will miss this Sunday against KC - tweaked hamstring. I'm sure it's legit - I will say that he plays hurt, and has taken hellacious hits all his career. This injury is bad timing for him - he likes to dog it, but usually finishes strong. Its' messing with his desire to get traded. :lol:

No doubt there are many reasons to question Ocho Dinko( hah I love that) but it was a hard hit that made highlight reels.