Mort says

thewildrabbit

Last night on ESPN Boomer sat with Bills fans favorite insider... Mort :beer:

Eric Mangini ...safe for now, but who knows if they lose to the Dolphins (and with Mr 12 mil stinking the last few games.)

Dick Jauron ... leaning safe for now after beating the broncos at mile high for the first time in forever

Romeo Crennell...OUT! (Savage gone also for his stupidity to fans)

Marvin Lewis ...leaning safe,it wasn't his fault that Carson Palmer was hurt and didn't play most of the year.

Tom Cable...OUT Al Davis already looking at prospective coaches

Herman Edwards...OUT! (took a team that was just rebuilt and started rebuilding it)

Jim Haslett...OUT! new GM and Haslett simply didn't win enough to keep him

Rod Marinelli OUT! but it took forever for the ("Loins") to fire Millen,so who knows what stupidness this owner will do

Mike Singletary... safe he has gotten that team turned around (and will drop trou when needed)

Jim Zorn...safe the owner wants to give him more time considering how well the team did early(and just beat the eggels)

Andy Reid ...safe McNabb and Reid are old and tired to fans,owner says different

Wade Phillips...safe owner thinks Wade can get it done,defense has taken a step up with his play calling.

------

Will Norv Turner keep his job if the Chargers(7-8)lose to the Bronco's(8-7) at home and lose the division and a shot at the playoffs ?

Will Jack Del Rio stay? Jags 5-10

Will Gary Kubiak stay ?Texans 7-8

Who will replace Mike Holmgren? Seahawks 4-11

I'm hearing that the Jets are seriously looking at Bill Cowher to replace the Mangenius if they lose to the Dolphins, I suppose if they are willing to pay 12 mill a year for Farve why not 10 mill to Cowher.It appears the Jets are pulling out all stops to win a championship, kinda makes me wish...

(my thoughts)

Last night on ESPN Boomer sat with Bills fans favorite insider... Mort :beer:

Eric Mangini ...safe for now, but who knows if they lose to the Dolphins (and with Mr 12 mil stinking the last few games.)

Dick Jauron ... leaning safe for now after beating the broncos at mile high for the first time in forever

Romeo Crennell...OUT! (Savage gone also for his stupidity to fans)

Marvin Lewis ...leaning safe,it wasn't his fault that Carson Palmer was hurt and didn't play most of the year.

Tom Cable...OUT Al Davis already looking at prospective coaches

Herman Edwards...OUT! (took a team that was just rebuilt and started rebuilding it)

Jim Haslett...OUT! new GM and Haslett simply didn't win enough to keep him

Rod Marinelli OUT! but it took forever for the ("Loins") to fire Millen,so who knows what stupidness this owner will do

Mike Singletary... safe he has gotten that team turned around (and will drop trou when needed)

Jim Zorn...safe the owner wants to give him more time considering how well the team did early(and just beat the eggels)

Andy Reid ...safe McNabb and Reid are old and tired to fans,owner says different

Wade Phillips...safe owner thinks Wade can get it done,defense has taken a step up with his play calling.

------

Will Norv Turner keep his job if the Chargers(7-8)lose to the Bronco's(8-7) at home and lose the division and a shot at the playoffs ?

Will Jack Del Rio stay? Jags 5-10

Will Gary Kubiak stay ?Texans 7-8

Who will replace Mike Holmgren? Seahawks 4-11

I'm hearing that the Jets are seriously looking at Bill Cowher to replace the Mangenius if they lose to the Dolphins, I suppose if they are willing to pay 12 mill a year for Farve why not 10 mill to Cowher.It appears the Jets are pulling out all stops to win a championship, kinda makes me wish...

(my thoughts)

Jim Mora Jr. the DC of Seattle will likely replace Mike.

i don't think the ford family is smart enough to pull that off.
Very True :lol:

Isn't it kinda strange how the loser Pro Football organizations keep finding these total losers to run the entire team,like the Lions with Matt Millen. The guy was a total disaster from day one and yet they gave him year after year to improve and he never did,they kept getting worse every year.

The Lions need someone like Scott Pioli from New England for president to rebuild that team from the ground up,but they won't hire him or anyone like him.Speaking of Scott Pioli,he wouldn't be a bad choice to take over for Ralph Wilson in Buffalo.

Not only is it likely to happen....it will happen. He's already been given the job for next year.

Doesn't the search function on this board work? :lol:

Mort

No the search does not work and Seattle still needs to interview per Rooney Rule even as in many job interviews deck is stacked. Probably some assistant who will work for new coach will interview.

Isn't it kinda strange how the loser Pro Football organizations keep finding these total losers to run the entire team,like the Lions with Matt Millen. The guy was a total disaster from day one and yet they gave him year after year to improve and he never did,they kept getting worse every year.

The Lions need someone like Scott Pioli from New England for president to rebuild that team from the ground up,but they won't hire him or anyone like him.Speaking of Scott Pioli,he wouldn't be a bad choice to take over for Ralph Wilson in Buffalo.

wouldn't it be funny if the lions hire tom donohoe lol

wouldn't it be funny if the lions hire tom donohoe lol

Tom Donahoe would be a huge improvement over Matt Millen,at least Donahoe had a background in personnel. Millen played pro ball and went into broadcasting. How that guy got a job as president and was paid 5 mill a year with no experience in his field is simply ... mind boggling.

Tom Donahoe was given the keys to one bills drive and Ralph Wilson stepped away. He screwed up in the coaches he picked in Greg Williams and Mike Mularkey,both of those had no previous head coaching experience. Not to mention that wasted # one pick in offensive lineman Mike Williams.

Welp now we can add another egg to his face in his brilliant selection of.....JP :lol:

Many Bills fans think of JP as a wasted draft pick, I don't. I think he is the result of a crappy passing offense. The Mike Martz system might have worked in St Louis with a pro bowl O line and Kurt Warner getting the ball out in perfect rhythm. The reality is his system usually gets his QB's killed,they are always under constant duress and we saw this effect throughout this year with both JP and Edwards.

No the search does not work and Seattle still needs to interview per Rooney Rule even as in many job interviews deck is stacked. Probably some assistant who will work for new coach will interview.

Actually, they don't. There is a provision in the rule that allows for someone within the current staff to be tabbed as the successor.

Another thing from that Mort piece is that Jerry Jones made the comment that hiring a high-priced guy like Cowher or Parcells "doesn't guarantee anything."

your right nothing is guarantee just because your a billionaire doesn't mean you'll get the girl and just because your parachute fails doesn't mean you'll die but I know which way I'd bet.

On the plus side they did have CONSISTENCY.

NO

Here is what I was thinking of.

The Rooney Rule was established in 2003 to ensure that minority candidates be interviewed for any head coaching vacancy. The rule does not apply to interim hires in-season from a team's coaching staff.

So if it is an interim basis in-season, there's no problem. But when you go fill the position full time, you must put on the dog and pony show.

Tom Donahoe would be a huge improvement over Matt Millen,at least Donahoe had a background in personnel. Millen played pro ball and went into broadcasting. How that guy got a job as president and was paid 5 mill a year with no experience in his field is simply ... mind boggling.

kind of like promoting a marketing guy from the cheapest baseball team in the league to COO. :blush: