Post game press conferences

So clear that Trent is soooo much smarter...smart enough to know EXACTLY what he should be doing with his progressions, etc...JP talks about the "shape of the football makes funny bounces"...This is our guy.

Gotta disagree a little bit. When Trent says this stuff you can tell it is actually going through his head as the play is happening. He makes his decisions based on what he sees. I think JP understands defenses in the film room but when he is actually in there he is completely lost. Some of the worst pocket presence/awareness I have ever seen.

I can remember listening to JP's post game stuff and he was famous for rambling off some "well they were in cover 2, and the safety bit on the play fake, so the TE running the seam up the middle was our best route...." kinda crap (esp in 2006). Just seemed like he was always trying to seem game smart even though he would instinctively do some of the dumbest things you could imagine.

Gotta disagree a little bit. When Trent says this stuff you can tell it is actually going through his head as the play is happening. He makes his decisions based on what he sees. I think JP understands defenses in the film room but when he is actually in there he is completely lost. Some of the worst pocket presence/awareness I have ever seen.

I can remember listening to JP's post game stuff and he was famous for rambling off some "well they were in cover 2, and the safety bit on the play fake, so the TE running the seam up the middle was our best route...." kinda crap (esp in 2006). Just seemed like he was always trying to seem game smart even though he would instinctively do some of the dumbest things you could imagine.

Hard to argue with that.........