Four pages of notes from today's game

The Big Cat

1. Player of the game = Fred Jackson. Long fourth quarter reception to set up a field goal, and a great fourth quarter return to set up his own TD run. When are teams going to learn that kicking to Jackson to avoid McKelvin does more harm than good?
  2. First six plays of the game = -17 yards.
  3. Edwards took another HUGE hit from another UNTOUCHED DB. What gives?
  4. Whitner missed a shot at an INT not looking for the ball. Same thing happened to Poz later in the game. Leodis almost got one, so did Scott.
  5. Ryan Denney's inability to play well on EVERY down is keeping him third string. He makes great plays and horrible plays, and nothing in between. A whiff in the backfield, then he follows it up with a tipped pass in the redzone.
  6. Bills had a hard time containing the Broncos blitz early on. Can't tell what change was made, but they did a much better job in the second half of opposing their own will.
  7. Denver's missed FG set up the best 2 minute drill to end a half since Jauron has taken over. Always great to score a TD, with less than :20 to play knowing you'll get it back after the half! First time the offense was in sync and they never looked back.
  8. Brandon Marshal catches EVERYTHING and the Broncos get 12 yard gains like candy as a result.
  9. Finally, A FORCED FUMBLE FROM WHTINER!!
  10. The pass-interference play was the second and final time Edwards would throw the ball "deep." The announcers said it would have been a TD had Bly not held Evans back, but it looked like a crappy throw.
  11. Later in the drive, TWO MISSED FACE MASKS! One on Edwards 11 yard scramble, the other on Freddy's run on 3rd down. Frustrating!
  12. We REALLY lucked out when Cutler missed the WIDE OPEN Eddie Royal down the sideline.
  13. About five times during the game, Buffalo was successful in FLUSHING but not SACKING Cutler. God we need a DE!!
  14. Steve Johnson's TD was a thing of beauty! He used his body well, sealing the defender to bring it in. Love it.
  15. Edwards needs to watch film of Cutler throwing the ball up the seam. Totally ate us up today!
  16. On Jackson's TD run, it looked like Marshawn had told him, right before the play, to score. I guess we have Lynch to thank!!
  17. Leodis' INT overturned because of a defensive hold on STROUD?? How is THIS possible??
  18. Buffalo missed a challenge call on a Marshal catch to the sideline. Reed (from the sideline) was calling for it, and Marshal was signaling the hurry up. Very, very frustrating!
  19. Mitchel's INT came on the ONLY play we got pressure from our DLine. See: note about an effective DE!!
  20. Moorman earned his paycheck with the 53 yard punt to push Denver back on what would have been the game tying drive.
  21. Again, Cutler missed somebody WIDE open in the endzone, but he was underpressure. Amazing how that works out!
  22. Reggie Corner made some great plays today. Him and McLovin are really promising back there. A DLine that actually pressures the QB, and these guys will be putting up EPIC stats.

Go Bills!

We REALLY lucked out when Cutler missed the WIDE OPEN Eddie Royal down the sideline.

every time he overthrew routes we were getting heavy pressure on him on the play, including - I believe- the play in the end zone . Just goes to show that when you get pressure on the QB good things tend to happen.

1. Bills had a hard time containing the Broncos blitz early on. Can't tell what change was made, but they did a much better job in the second half of opposing their own will.

I am assuming you mean "imposing" their will instead of "opposing"? I am not sure how someone could possibly oppose their will...I can just see the Bills in the huddle...

Edwards to team: "OK guys we are gonna run this ball down their throat...No! No! We can't do it! I am against it...I oppose it!!"

I am assuming you mean "imposing" their will instead of "opposing"? I am not sure how someone could possibly oppose their will...I can just see the Bills in the huddle...

Edwards to team: "OK guys we are gonna run this ball down their throat...No! No! We can't do it! I am against it...I oppose it!!"

Whoops! Good catch :angry: Although if there WAS a team capable of opposing their own will...

i disagree on the PI play. the ball was way underthrown, and the only reason evans even had a shot was because bly was holding him and slowing him down. if he was still hustling, that ball is 5-10 yards short.

Then we're in total agreement. That was my point.

:angry::worthy:

Good post Kitty.

Reggie Corner made some great plays today. Him and McLovin are really promising back there. A DLine that actually pressures the QB, and these guys will be putting up EPIC stats.

I agree and think this may have been the highlight of the game for me, just realizing the potential there. Then again, they knew they had to play on their toes against Cutlet.