My thoughts on the Bills Vs Broncos today!

marauderswr80

My assesment of the Denver Broncos game quarter by quarter.

1st QTR: The first thing I have noticed about the team and its players, PLAYING WITH ZERO EMOTIONS what so ever,

Look guys I know the season is all but over, but show us fans you care enough for the game and the city of Buffalo, show

some balls play hard show some toughness.

2 Plays that stood out the most in the first quarter, bootleg with Cutler walked into the endzone & reverse with Eddie Royal.

Is it me or does this team's DE's get sucked in on every mis direction play known to man kind? Poor execution, so much for

containing the outside.

Im really starting to think Trent Edwards cant play in cold weather, he has had some terrible passes come out. But is that

do to being rusty? I dont know, this really concerns me!

Please and I beg anyone on offense to protect Trent Edwards. If not we are going to have to plan his funeral for being killed!

Every hit he takes is a hit that can cost him an entire year.

Number of possesions in the first QTR 2 number of punts 2. Offense has to find ways to stay on the field to help the D.

On 3rd & lets say 8, why does our defender play with a 10-11 yard cushion? Thats telling the other team we will give you

slant passes all day long to keep the chains moving. Before the ball was snapped you knew a slant was coming to

Marshall. Jam the WR......get in his face. Dont give him that type of cushion!

Team always over persues the bootleg, so bad that when they show it the entire defense almost takes itself out of the

picture.

Denver had 212 yards of offense end of the 1st quarter. This is mainly due to the defense not being able to get off the field

on 3rd downs, but not having an offense stay on the field dont help matters....

Now to the 2nd quarter.

I have not seen soo many poor tackles with our team, Denney had the RB for a loss, but missed the tackle and the ball

carrier gets 10 yards for a first down, keeps the chains moving and let Denver put 3 points on the boards....

After the first play of the 2nd quarter Dener already had 147 yards rushing. Not good.......

Again the defense bends but dont breaks. They desperately need help from the offense. Noway a defense can be on the field

like they are and be effective. Im shocked they play as well as they do...Still ZERO pass rush from the guys up front. These

guys are pretty much worthless and shouldnt be in a Bills uniform come next year. Stroud & Williams are the exception.

The one thing I did like about this quarter was seeing Buffalo face a 3rd and 7 and they run a screen to Parrish, that play

kept the chains moving. I want to see more of this. We dont need Parrish to be another Lee Evans, we need Parrish to move

chains like Wes Welker does. Just be that nat that wont go away.......

Again someone has to protect Edwards. Twice he was absolutely drilled to the ground. No wonder why hes always hurt. For once id

like to see someone come over and help the guy off the ground. How he gets up and keeps playing I have no idea......

Bright spot end of the 2nd quarter was the drive for 7. Some nice play calls, more drives like that we are a better team overall. More

Lynch is better for this team!

3rd quarter.......

Teams are simply affraid to kick the ball to McKelvin. And with that field position, we have to make better on it. Get 7 points

not 3. Have to capitalize on that field position. Granted its points, but 3 points dont win games, need 7.

Josh Reed.....This guy has grown on me this year. Few years back we all wanted him cut. Hes come on this year, I look for

Reed when we just gotta have that play for a first down. We do need another WR opposite Evans, Reed would tear this league

up!

Where was the face mask penalty on Jackson, clearly would have given Buffalo a first down, may have taken 7 points off the

boards. Terrible NO call by the ref who had clear view of it..

Nice to see Lindell kicking better, Glad to see he shaken off that rough stretch!

3rd & 15 for Denver they get a first, ZERO pressure on Cutler, they get a first and eventually get a TD, gotta find ways to

get to the QB, cant let teams get a first down let alone a TD in that situation.

Mitchell has to be leading the team is sacks......?

4th quarter.........

Nice play call with Jackson vs that LB, nice throw too! Love seeing plays like that.

I keep saying we need another WR opposite Evans, but......Stevie Johnson, kid keeps making me proud!

Again Trent has made some nice throws.....Definately a different team with Trent in there then Losman!

Sorry to the Losman lovers out there.

The weakest point of our defense other then DE's and pass rushing.......covering Tight ends! We have noone who can cover them!

Kills our defense every game! They always beat us middle of the field. Im jealous seeing TE's make plays down field for their

teams.

I love the fact that teams dont want to kick to McKelvin but yet Jackson takes the kickoff and damn near returns the kick.....nice

coaching from Bobby April.

Boy nice insurance policy we have with Fred Jackson! We dont miss a beat when Lynch is outta the game. Now that makes things

hard for a defense. IMHO Jackson is every bit good as Lynch! Nice 1-2 punch!

Again there is Josh Reed making a big play for the offense moving the chains, eventually put 7 on the boards cause of it!

Coaching staff some what affraid to throw the ball down near the goal line game on the line? I done blame them, but if they choose to

throw it they would have surprised Denver! I wouldnt have minded a pass play there. But Moorman and his 53 yard punt helps!

Man, PROPS to McGee he's played a hell of a ball game against one of the NFL's best and biggest WR's in Brandon Marshall. Granted

Marshall had a decent game, overall he's kept him in check!

McKelvin & Corner again playing a nice game for the most part. McKelvin had a nice INT that was called back due to a good call by the ref

with the Stroud hold.

After this game, I think Trent can play in cold weather. I know above I had some concerns about it, but for the 2nd half he looked like the old Trent

Edwards of old. He rebounded from a poor 1st quarter, but from the 2nd quarter on.....looked sharp!

Finally showed character! Congrats on the win guys......

Finally a week we can go without debating poor coaching! I still think changes needs to be made, but its nice to see the team play well.

MY GAME BALLS........

Reggie Corner heck of a game, played very well when it counted! Made a nice play to win the game!

McKelvin, man great game, made a nice INT that didnt count, but still nice play made!

Trent Edwards, managed the game very well. Fairly mistake free football. Good game!

Josh Reed, What can I say.....you were the go to guy today!

Rian Lindell.....clutch today. If you were not we dont win!

Loved a lot of what you said, but Whitner is a major liability in coverage AGAIN. Trent makes the team look better and Reed is a great safety valve that just finds a way to back back to the ball and make a play.

We still need another WR big-time. Honestly, we are lacking a #1 receiver like Marshall who is basically always open and is too physical to be stopped one on one.

Corner stepped up wonderfully today. And God bless Fred Jackson.

My assesment of the Denver Broncos game quarter by quarter.

1st QTR: The first thing I have noticed about the team and its players, PLAYING WITH ZERO EMOTIONS what so ever,

Look guys I know the season is all but over, but show us fans you care enough for the game and the city of Buffalo, show

some balls play hard show some toughness.

2 Plays that stood out the most in the first quarter, bootleg with Cutler walked into the endzone & reverse with Eddie Royal.

Is it me or does this team's DE's get sucked in on every mis direction play known to man kind? Poor execution, so much for

containing the outside.

Im really starting to think Trent Edwards cant play in cold weather, he has had some terrible passes come out. But is that

do to being rusty? I dont know, this really concerns me!

Please and I beg anyone on offense to protect Trent Edwards. If not we are going to have to plan his funeral for being killed!

Every hit he takes is a hit that can cost him an entire year.

Number of possesions in the first QTR 2 number of punts 2. Offense has to find ways to stay on the field to help the D.

On 3rd & lets say 8, why does our defender play with a 10-11 yard cushion? Thats telling the other team we will give you

slant passes all day long to keep the chains moving. Before the ball was snapped you knew a slant was coming to

Marshall. Jam the WR......get in his face. Dont give him that type of cushion!

Team always over persues the bootleg, so bad that when they show it the entire defense almost takes itself out of the

picture.

Denver had 212 yards of offense end of the 1st quarter. This is mainly due to the defense not being able to get off the field

on 3rd downs, but not having an offense stay on the field dont help matters....

Now to the 2nd quarter.

I have not seen soo many poor tackles with our team, Denney had the RB for a loss, but missed the tackle and the ball

carrier gets 10 yards for a first down, keeps the chains moving and let Denver put 3 points on the boards....

After the first play of the 2nd quarter Dener already had 147 yards rushing. Not good.......

Again the defense bends but dont breaks. They desperately need help from the offense. Noway a defense can be on the field

like they are and be effective. Im shocked they play as well as they do...Still ZERO pass rush from the guys up front. These

guys are pretty much worthless and shouldnt be in a Bills uniform come next year. Stroud & Williams are the exception.

The one thing I did like about this quarter was seeing Buffalo face a 3rd and 7 and they run a screen to Parrish, that play

kept the chains moving. I want to see more of this. We dont need Parrish to be another Lee Evans, we need Parrish to move

chains like Wes Welker does. Just be that nat that wont go away.......

Again someone has to protect Edwards. Twice he was absolutely drilled to the ground. No wonder why hes always hurt. For once id

like to see someone come over and help the guy off the ground. How he gets up and keeps playing I have no idea......

Bright spot end of the 2nd quarter was the drive for 7. Some nice play calls, more drives like that we are a better team overall. More

Lynch is better for this team!

3rd quarter.......

Teams are simply affraid to kick the ball to McKelvin. And with that field position, we have to make better on it. Get 7 points

not 3. Have to capitalize on that field position. Granted its points, but 3 points dont win games, need 7.

Josh Reed.....This guy has grown on me this year. Few years back we all wanted him cut. Hes come on this year, I look for

Reed when we just gotta have that play for a first down. We do need another WR opposite Evans, Reed would tear this league

up!

Where was the face mask penalty on Jackson, clearly would have given Buffalo a first down, may have taken 7 points off the

boards. Terrible NO call by the ref who had clear view of it..

Nice to see Lindell kicking better, Glad to see he shaken off that rough stretch!

3rd & 15 for Denver they get a first, ZERO pressure on Cutler, they get a first and eventually get a TD, gotta find ways to

get to the QB, cant let teams get a first down let alone a TD in that situation.

Mitchell has to be leading the team is sacks......?

4th quarter.........

Nice play call with Jackson vs that LB, nice throw too! Love seeing plays like that.

I keep saying we need another WR opposite Evans, but......Stevie Johnson, kid keeps making me proud!

Again Trent has made some nice throws.....Definately a different team with Trent in there then Losman!

Sorry to the Losman lovers out there.

The weakest point of our defense other then DE's and pass rushing.......covering Tight ends! We have noone who can cover them!

Kills our defense every game! They always beat us middle of the field. Im jealous seeing TE's make plays down field for their

teams.

I love the fact that teams dont want to kick to McKelvin but yet Jackson takes the kickoff and damn near returns the kick.....nice

coaching from Bobby April.

Boy nice insurance policy we have with Fred Jackson! We dont miss a beat when Lynch is outta the game. Now that makes things

hard for a defense. IMHO Jackson is every bit good as Lynch! Nice 1-2 punch!

Again there is Josh Reed making a big play for the offense moving the chains, eventually put 7 on the boards cause of it!

Coaching staff some what affraid to throw the ball down near the goal line game on the line? I done blame them, but if they choose to

throw it they would have surprised Denver! I wouldnt have minded a pass play there. But Moorman and his 53 yard punt helps!

Man, PROPS to McGee he's played a hell of a ball game against one of the NFL's best and biggest WR's in Brandon Marshall. Granted

Marshall had a decent game, overall he's kept him in check!

McKelvin & Corner again playing a nice game for the most part. McKelvin had a nice INT that was called back due to a good call by the ref

with the Stroud hold.

After this game, I think Trent can play in cold weather. I know above I had some concerns about it, but for the 2nd half he looked like the old Trent

Edwards of old. He rebounded from a poor 1st quarter, but from the 2nd quarter on.....looked sharp!

Finally showed character! Congrats on the win guys......

Finally a week we can go without debating poor coaching! I still think changes needs to be made, but its nice to see the team play well.

MY GAME BALLS........

Reggie Corner heck of a game, played very well when it counted! Made a nice play to win the game!

McKelvin, man great game, made a nice INT that didnt count, but still nice play made!

Trent Edwards, managed the game very well. Fairly mistake free football. Good game!

Josh Reed, What can I say.....you were the go to guy today!

Rian Lindell.....clutch today. If you were not we dont win!

Wow. You should volunteer to help write with Chris Brown...thats a lot of info with the game only being over for 40 minutes...

:lol:

I do agree with you on our DE's. They always seem to overpursue. Teams are game planning with reverses, pitchouts, etc on that. also, how do our DE's keep getting matched up against running backs going out for passes?

Wow. You should volunteer to help write with Chris Brown...thats a lot of info with the game only being over for 40 minutes...

:lol:

I do agree with you on our DE's. They always seem to overpursue. Teams are game planning with reverses, pitchouts, etc on that. also, how do our DE's keep getting matched up against running backs going out for passes?

I think our DEs take that wide arc to avoid embarrassment and show that they are still moving