Our "ProBowl" tackle said all that needs to be said.

jkx2

Well I don't think Gross is going to get 13 mil on the open market. He got franchised last year for 7.85 mil. I can't see the guy getting any more than 9 mil a year. Peters, on the other hand, is going to demand 11 to 13 to 15 mil.

While Peters probably has more potential, Jordan Gross is a phenomenal athlete. And he has a good attitude, a team oriented attitude.

So yes, I would get rid of our homegrown athlete, but for a guy that is just as good but will probably demand less money and actually be happy to be there.

And I stated that I would only trade Peters if we can beat out the other teams (highly unlikely) and get great trade value from peters (not a better time than now). Otherwise keep him.

Sis, I don't know how you couldn't argue we wouldnt be saving money if we stole a guy of the open market and traded our own guy for value. Did you not think this through?

If Gross was as good as you say, he would not be available as a free agent

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I am thinking? This might be the PERFECT time to trade him.

His stock is at a all time high.....his attitude is at a all time low.....someobody will give up picks and Kirk Chambers has played pretty well.

you sir are seriously deluded if you want Chambers to replace Peters

Bills fans are seriously messed up

"This is what you play the game for — to get to Hawaii"....Jason Peters

NO! you play the game to get to the Super Bowl. But most players really don't care about that, it's all about ME, not the TEAM.

So sad, but at least you heard it straight from the players mouth. He doesn't even seem to care that the Bills aren't going to the playoffs again. His butt will be on the beach in Hawaii thinking about his next holdout.

yeah yeah, not a good quote....who cares? The team aint going anywhere. He's still a top end LT.

The Bills need any good press/exposure they can get. Its nice to actually have someone other than a probowl punter on the team.

All the evidence you need to prove that his main drive isn't winning the Super Bowl or being a team player is this season. He holds out and isn't ready to play in the 1st game which hurts this team. He comes back out of shape, which he fully admits and gives up more sacks in the next five games than he did in two years. His actions prove that winning is not is main drive.

Yes, there are many players in todays sports that feel this way and for them it's all about being a business. But until the fans call these guys on it and teams don't reward them for not giving everything to win, it will slip even more to where no one will play the game with their utmost effort and commitment.

To reward Jason Peters with a Pro Bowl and his statement of "That's what I play for" is just ridiculous. Like I said he can be giddy as hell for getting in and call it a honor, but it's easy to see that what drives him is not bringing the Bills a championship. All the proof you need is everything he's done and said since July.

While I think he is a gifted player and one of the best the Bills have. His actions and statements should disgust ALL Bills fans because he lets us and his team down this year.

LOL...winning the superbowl?

The guy has a point...he's on a bad team. He has achieved individual success...so sue him. He's proud of that.

As for the holdout, maybe if the team locked him up long term this year, they would've gotten him at a better price. This is a business. The Bills need to make the best business decision for the team. I personnally think that is locking him up for a long term contract....what are they gonna do?... Save their money to over pay for more mediocre players like Kelsey, Walker, Dockery, Peerless Prices, Josh Reed. They've got an elite player on their team...make the correct business decision and sign him.

Was watching the local news here in rochester last night and Peters also mentioned that he was, "...pretty sure bills fans don't even watch the tackle position. They only see the bad plays." I was a bit taken aback by this as most Bills fans I know are quite knowledgeable about each player/position and know how to watch individual positions during games. Maybe he's right though, maybe we all just go to the games, get drunk and scream at things we really have no clue about!

Just Beer Ball!

yeah yeah, not a good quote....who cares? The team aint going anywhere. He's still a top end LT.

The Bills need any good press/exposure they can get. Its nice to actually have someone other than a probowl punter on the team.

Yah, and one of the reasons their not going anywhere is the way he played.

He's played well. He's given up a few sacks, but they all were not his fault. Also, Lynch has been tearing up recently..alot of it to Peters side. He's a dominant tackle..

If that was a Pro Bowl season, then I'd hate to see what a mediocre one is. Also Lynch tore it up the last game only vs the Jets, and even he said that the Bills were not running the ball well before. Here's some of those great games... 40 yds vs the Pats, 16 vs the Jets in Buffalo, 31 vs the Finns and 79 vs the Chiefs and has rushed for 100 yds only 3 times this season...3 and many of them weren't even close.

If Gross was as good as you say, he would not be available as a free agent

then you obviously don't watch football. Great players leave for free agency all the time. How many free agents have you seen walk out the door of Buffalo because they wanted more money than the team could offer or budget for.

Carolina has Peppers as their number one priority, and by the way, he is a free agent. Is he not that good?

If that was a Pro Bowl season, then I'd hate to see what a mediocre one is. Also Lynch tore it up the last game only vs the Jets, and even he said that the Bills were not running the ball well before. Here's some of those great games... 40 yds vs the Pats, 16 vs the Jets in Buffalo, 31 vs the Finns and 79 vs the Chiefs and has rushed for 100 yds only 3 times this season...3 and many of them weren't even close.

Lynch has averaged 98 yards per game for the last 5 games...that comes despite:

1. Turk calling numerous terrible games and not feeding Lynch the ball consistently

2. Losman starting for 3 games and most of a fourth and giving the ball back to the opposing team 7 times

I think the bottom line is Peters is an outstanding player, at a critical position. There are not many players of his caliber at the LT position, and if the Bills don't resign him, they'll be making a bad business decision.

It's comical that with all these protests about not having enough talent for Dick Jauron to be successful, the one player that the Buffalo Bills developed in-house into a stud player is the guy that everyone lines up to say "fug him, he sucks". I haven't seen a single post that said, "Wow, we actually have a Pro Bowler on this team. That's cool! Congratulations, Jason." :rolleyes:

The guy is ridiculously underpaid for one of the elite LTs in the game today and people want to run him out of town on a rail because he took the only option available to him to protest his contract -- he held out. As if that hold out were the only thing that separates the Buffalo Bills from being a great team. :lol::wallbash:

Edit: OK, there are a few posts that aren't "throw him under the bus."

Yup. :wallbash:

Well, if we're going to keep a proven loser head coach, Ralph might as well squeeze all the blood out of the turnip and throw away any players with any sort of demonstrated talent. :rolleyes: Wahoo! Detroit Lions here we come! :lol:

No his proper option was to show up, work hard to get better and help the team win. .....

And obviously you don't understand the NFL.

Guest dog14787

We have a hard enough time getting good players here in Buffalo and you guys want to run our best lineman out of town?

Pro bowl player means one of the best, is Jason Peters supposed to be upset about going? I would imagine if he played on a team that could get him to the playoffs he would say " this is what its all about right here " but since he can't he takes a little pride in being selected to the Pro bowl.

Whats the big deal?

It's comical that with all these protests about not having enough talent for Dick Jauron to be successful, the one player that the Buffalo Bills developed in-house into a stud player is the guy that everyone lines up to say "fug him, he sucks". I haven't seen a single post that said, "Wow, we actually have a Pro Bowler on this team. That's cool! Congratulations, Jason." :rolleyes:

The guy is ridiculously underpaid for one of the elite LTs in the game today and people want to run him out of town on a rail because he took the only option available to him to protest his contract -- he held out. As if that hold out were the only thing that separates the Buffalo Bills from being a great team. :lol::wallbash:

Edit: OK, there are a few posts that aren't "throw him under the bus."

That's just it, he cared more about his money (under paid but still making over 3 MIL a year) then he did the team and winning. Missed the first game, sucked the next 6 and you want to say he had a Pro Bowl season. I don't want this guy gone, but don't reward him for this year. He just doesn't deserve it. And no one would be making such a big deal of it if he showed some humility and humbleness about it. He himself knows he didn't have a pro bowl season, but instead of saying it's a privilege to be chosen but I'd wish we were headed to the playoffs, he insults the fans and media and tells us how great he was this season when Stevie Wonder could see he wasn't. He did not give his all by holding out and showing up with no legs as he called it.

If you're going to hold out, you better show up and prove you're worth the money you want, and he didn't, bottom line!