To the draft experts I have one name...Vernon Davis

VJ91

But why? Is it that Mcnally didn't or couldn't see those players for what they were and tried to work with them. Or when mcnally finally left did someone realize they had a pig in a poke and replaced the dead wieght that Mcnally couldn't/didn't teach.

Yep, you're still an idiot. I'll leave it to someone else to explain to you how stupid that blurb really is.

I am hoping now that the great Buffalo boy who returned home is now gone, we too will see great strides in the Oline starting next season.

He hasn't been here this entire season and the OLine has been much worse than it was last season when they at least had the excuse of having very little time together. Stop trying to find a single entity to blame for something that's quite obviously systemic. That's the ultimate tool of losers.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean after they replaced 80% of the starters? The only guy starting now who was starting in McNally's last season is Diehl. Seubert was a Giant but missed huge portions of his 3 seasons with McNally. Now stop trying to fit your retardia into a football discussion.

Uh, pretty sure O'Hara and Snee were starting for the Giants last year.

2005 4) King

I hate to interrupt the flow of this mature and sophisticated discussion, and maybe I'm just getting senile, but I honestly can't remember anyone named "King" in the least. Which makes your draft point again.

Set me straight then.

Why? To keep you from chasing me around like a little B word? Where's the sport in that?

Whenever a sports team doesn't perform to expectations, the idiots always assume it's a "talent" or "coaching" issue. At the top levels of sport, it's RARELY a "talent" issue. More often it's a "chemistry" and "leadership" issue and almost always that's systemic, from the top of the organization to the bottom but it manifests itself most obviously on the field.

Kenny Stabler said it pretty well (paraphrased): "I didn't always believe what the coaches were doing but I never let my teammates see it. As far as they knew, we were gonna execute that sucker."

There is a "bee's dick" of difference in physical talent between most teams at the top of professional sports. That's why you see teams like the Rams physically beat the crap out of the Cowboys and go on the road to beat the "at the time" playoff bound Redskins, then fold their tent against teams far worse.

Jim Haslett isn't a bad coach. Al Saunders CERTAINLY isn't a bad coach. Tennesee didn't lack talent when they lost to Houston. San Diego isn't suddenly devoid of talent this season, nor are the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Giants didn't have terrible talent when they started horribly last season and they didn't take a huge talent leap this offseason when they lost THREE of their best defensive linemen but somehow managed to maintain their high standard. The United States Basketball teams didn't start losing their status because they stopped being the most talented group in the world.

Teams like the Rams and BILLS are losers because they think and act like losers more often than not when it matters most. Until that changes, you can bring in all the physical talent in the world and it won't change a thing.

There is a "bee's dick" of difference in physical talent between most teams at the top of professional sports. That's why you see teams like the Rams physically beat the crap out of the Cowboys and go on the road to beat the "at the time" playoff bound Redskins, then fold their tent against teams far worse.

You mean the Brad Johnson led Cowboys and the Redskins who just lost to the Bengals?

You mean the Brad Johnson led Cowboys and the Redskins who just lost to the Bengals?

Ah, so Tony Romo is the talent difference between the Cowboys beating the Rams or losing by 3 TDs? I had no idea he was that awesome.

At the times the Rams beat the Washington, the 'Skins were coming off wins over Arizona, Dallas, Philadelphia, and New Orleans and their only loss was opening week at the New York Giants.

But thanks for showing what a simpleton you are with that vain attempt.

Ah, so Tony Romo is the talent difference between the Cowboys beating the Rams or losing by 3 TDs? I had no idea he was that awesome.

You're right, the difference between a two time Pro Bowler at the game's most important position and his 40 year old backup is tiny.

At the times the Rams beat the Washington, the 'Skins were coming off wins over Arizona, Dallas, Philadelphia, and New Orleans and their only loss was opening week at the New York Giants.

And in 2004 the 4-12 Dolphins beat the eventual Super Bowl champion New England Patriots.

My comparison is off base? My comparison is based on the draft being a crapshoot. The fact that whether it's measurable or not, is that there are no guarantee's, not even on the Oline. Mike Williams was supposed to be the best run-blocker in his respective draft just as Davis was the #1 TE in his, makes no difference Williams was a bust and Davis seems to be heading down that same aisle. Both Davis AND Williams seem to be very comparable at this point. What's off base about that Rich?

The way you presented it seemed to be a compare/contrast thing. Sorta like "for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction". If that wasn't your intent, than I was mistaken.