Did you just hear Keyshawn...

Alphadawg7

In the pregame they are talking about McNabb and how with McNabb your team has a chance to go to be good and go to the Super Bowl...how in his entire career he has only had a #1 target in just 23 games...how he is still an elite QB and top 5 in the league...

So Keyshawn chimes in and says, if you dont want em Philly, Buffalo will take him...

I say, HELLZ YEAH we will take him...gawd I hope we go after McNabb if he is available...give them Trent and our #1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In the pregame they are talking about McNabb and how with McNabb your team has a chance to go to be good and go to the Super Bowl...how in his entire career he has only had a #1 target in just 23 games...how he is still an elite QB and top 5 in the league...

So Keyshawn chimes in and says, if you dont want em Philly, Buffalo will take him...

I say, HELLZ YEAH we will take him...gawd I hope we go after McNabb if he is available...give them Trent and our #1

I'd love if we got McNabb but what are the chances we'd be willing to pick up his 10 million dollar salary next year, as compared to sticking with Trent's less than million dollar deal?

Keyshawn's got a point. We'd embrace the pick-up of McNabb.. for at least a few weeks :doh:

I wonder what the hell provoked Keyshawn to even say such a thing. Buffalo on his mind?

I think Buffalo would have been better off going after Daunte Culpepper than Donovan McNabb. Culpepper would have been a lot cheaper than McNabb and McNabb is getting a little too old to give up a #1 pick.

Plus McNabb strings together some terrible games every year.

Trent and a first for McNabb? That's insane. I wouldn't give up more than a third rounder for Mcnabb, with no guarantees that he'd be the starter.

Are you kidding? No guarantee he would be the starter? He is a top 5 Qb in the NFL, only 32, great arm, athletic, throws on the run, has been a top 5 QB in the league for 10 years DESPITE no WR's to throw to, is used to Buffalo type weather...

I mean, what are you smoking and whats the weather like in crazy land? lol...

I would give him Trent, give him our #1...pick up a young QB in the draft in 2010 to groom under McNabb for a few seasons...

I think Buffalo would have been better off going after Daunte Culpepper than Donovan McNabb. Culpepper would have been a lot cheaper than McNabb, although McNabb is getting a little too old to give up a #1 pick.

Culpepper has stunk in Det, stunk in Oak, and Stunk in Miami, and stunk 10 times worst BEFORE his injury in Minn those first 7 games or so without Moss...face it, Moss MADE Culpepper...I think hes a great pickup cheap and as a backup or to push Trent, but he is in NO WAY a McNabb...

Are you kidding? No guarantee he would be the starter? He is a top 5 Qb in the NFL, only 32, great arm, athletic, throws on the run, has been a top 5 QB in the league for 10 years DESPITE no WR's to throw to, is used to Buffalo type weather...

I mean, what are you smoking and whats the weather like in crazy land? lol...

I would give him Trent, give him our #1...pick up a young QB in the draft in 2010 to groom under McNabb for a few seasons...

Can you back that McNabb has been a top 5 QB in the league for 10 years. I don't think that's a valid point. He's only thrown for over 30 TDs like one time.

I think Buffalo would have been better off going after Daunte Culpepper than Donovan McNabb. Culpepper would have been a lot cheaper than McNabb and McNabb is getting a little too old to give up a #1 pick.

Daunte Culpepper?! :doh:

There is literally no comparison between Daunte Culpepper and Donovan McNabb.

Has a slight Bledsoe appeal to it.

Uh, my grandma just out ran Bledsoe...there is a big difference...Bledsoe was target practice as a brick back there with our terrible O-line...unless you gave him protection, he was useless and washed up. McNabb is way more athletic, playing a top level still, is only 32 and has a game tailor made for Buffalo...

McNabb and our current roster equals AFC East division crown next year

Can you back that McNabb has been a top 5 QB in the league for 10 years. I don't think that's a valid point. He's only thrown for over 30 TDs like one time.

Aikman never threw for more than 22 TD's in a season...is he a top QB?

McNabb also has had NO TALENT to throw too...you cant look at stats as the only way to gauge the value of a QB...even all the panelist on the pregame show just said McNabb is, and has been, an elite top 5 QB in this league during his career.

Uh, my grandma just out ran Bledsoe...there is a big difference...Bledsoe was target practice as a brick back there with our terrible O-line...unless you gave him protection, he was useless and washed up. McNabb is way more athletic, playing a top level still, is only 32 and has a game tailor made for Buffalo...

McNabb and our current roster equals AFC East division crown next year

I don't mind the move...just don't give Philly too much. They have been ready to run Tubsy Reid and McNabb out the door.

Ralphie? Is that you?

Daunte Culpepper?! :doh:

There is literally no comparison between Daunte Culpepper and Donovan McNabb.

I really don't like Culpepper that much and he's had too many rush attempts like McNabb has had in the past. But Culpepper does throw the ball well.

McNabb has 3100 rushing yards in his career. He has not been that good of a QB throughout his career he was more of a running back.

How many rushing yards does Peyton Manning have?

McNabb has been comparing himself to Manning and I don't think he should do that. He needs to quit being so full of himself and stop talking to the media and play football.

'

Aikman never threw for more than 22 TD's in a season...is he a top QB?

McNabb also has had NO TALENT to throw too...you cant look at stats as the only way to gauge the value of a QB...even all the panelist on the pregame show just said McNabb is, and has been, an elite top 5 QB in this league during his career.

Aikman proved himself and his ability to throw in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, Aikman had a lot of help. But he also had to deal with all those distractions of the 90's Cowboys.

I really don't like Culpepper that much and he's had too many rush attempts like McNabb has had in the past. But Culpepper does throw the ball well.

McNabb has 3100 rushing yards in his career. He has not been that good of a QB throughout his career he was more of a running back.

How many rushing yards does Peyton Manning have?

McNabb has been comparing himself to Manning and I don't think he should do that. He needs to quit being so full of himself and stop talking to the media and play football.

'

Culpepper fumbles more than JP Losman...throws a lot of picks...so in what way is he good?

McNabb is a POCKET PASSER first who can scramble when he has to...in fact, some say he needs to run more as he will have the rushing lane but will throw a tight pass instead. He was a rushing QB in his early career, but since its a secondary weapon, which I love. He plays A LOT like Steve Young in that way...pass first, but can hurt you when he runs...

Name me the last time we've had a quarterback throw for over 30 TDs?

McNabb would be a welcomed addition to this team. Has he struggled in the past few years? Sure, but he's had some serious injuries and every quarterback goes through struggles during the course of a regular season. He's also won a lot of big games. McNabb has experience playing in cold weather, something we still have huge questions marks about Trent Edwards.

Maybe he isn't the answer, but he's a hell of a lot better than anything we've had in many years.

Top 5? Brady, Manning, Brees, Romo, Warner, E Manning, Roethlisberger, hell Matt Ryan is well on his way to being better than McNabb is now. McNabb is top 15 AT BEST, and in decline.

McNabb's rating this year is 17th in the NFL. Trent's is 18th. Maybe, a big maybe, a conditional second rounder. But no more. The guy is injury prone, old, and chokes in the clutch.

You are right that he has been pretty good for awhile, but that won't do the Bills any good. McNabb hasn't lasted 16 games since 2003. It's just not worth mortgaging the future.

Yeah, good point...I just dont see how they wouldnt want a #1 in return...maybe our first and third...

I'm sure Philadelphia would want plenty in return...McNabb has been their biggest star attraction since the days of Randall Cunningham and Reggie White.

Do I think it is a venture worth considering? Yes...but only if the JaurTard and his underling Dork Schonert are tossed to the curb.

Top 5? Brady, Manning, Brees, Romo, Warner, E Manning, Roethlisberger, hell Matt Ryan is well on his way to being better than McNabb is now. McNabb is top 15 AT BEST, and in decline.

McNabb's rating this year is 17th in the NFL. Trent's is 18th. Maybe, a big maybe, a conditional second rounder. But no more. The guy is injury prone, old, and chokes in the clutch.

You are right that he has been pretty good for awhile, but that won't do the Bills any good. McNabb hasn't lasted 16 games since 2003. It's just not worth mortgaging the future.

What has Brees carried his team too? He puts up stats but doenst get it done when it counts...so throw him out...

Warner was great for 3 years and then this year...McNabb has been great his whole career. Plus he has had 2 HOF WR's in St Louis and 2 future HOF WR's in AZ...thats a TON of talent to help him be great!

Eli is FAR from great...he has been inconsistent this year, was on the verge of losing his job last year. He has been terrible the last couple of weeks in NY too. Yes he won a Super Bowl, but it took a MIRACLE catch to get it done...

Big Ben has not been great by any means...dont get me wrong, hes a good quarterback, but he has to do a lot less on that team and has not been great by any means...solid better describes him. I would love to have him on our team, but McNabb has still been better.

Come on man, Matt Ryan...give me a break...sure he looks quite promising, but you cant compare him to a proven star yet.

Brady, Payton, Farve are the only ones I say sit in front of him, but look at all the weapons those QB's have had. I like Warner a lot too, when he was good he was amazing and he has been a stud this year. So I wouldnt argue much against him other than the smaller body of work and the immense talent he had with two hall of fame WR's on his team in St L and 2 future HOF WR's in AZ...

MCNABB HAS HAD NO TALENT AT WR>>>>>>NONE

People also dont realize that his two horrible games he had this year, he was dealing with the near death of his wife during child birth...thats a big distraction to weigh on your heart while you are out playing a silly game...

Yes, I think we've had this discussion before and you are right. Let's put it this way, I think I like the older McNabb a lot better than the younger McNabb.

hahahaha...lol, I think we did, didnt we.

I would agree, I like the older McNabb too...hes smarter, looks to pass first, but will hurt you if he needs to run. And with our O-Line, I am all about a QB who get manuever back there and isnt afraid of the rush...

I also agree, with the other posters we dont want to mortgage our future...but giving them Trent and a #1 isnt really mortgaging our future if we dont believe Trent to be our future...then we are just giving up a #1 and a backup QB at best...If they still see Trent as a QB of the future, then throw in a mid round pick to go with it.

There wouldnt be another player we could pick up this off season that will make as big an impact as McNabb...The problem is now becoming with McNabb playing lights out again, who knows if Philly will still be open to change...

I think you hit the nail on the head.

McNabb has been a winner but he hasn't demonstrated consistent accuracy throughout his career and he has 3100 rushing yards in his career which meant he was like Vince Young when he was younger.

I don't think he's ever been in the top passing yards year after year. I'd have to look that up and I will after the game. But rushing for 3100 yards doesn't help passing stats.

I would love to see McNabb on the Bills if he were to be available as a free agent and wouldn't cost more than 5-7 million per. Who knows if that's possible, but that's the scenario I'd be interested in.

McNabb just picked apart the very D that beat us like it was practice...him in Buffalo equals AFC East Crown

I think you hit the nail on the head.

McNabb has been a winner but he hasn't demonstrated consistent accuracy throughout his career and he has 3100 rushing yards in his career which meant he was like Vince Young when he was younger.

I don't think he's ever been in the top passing yards year after year. I'd have to look that up and I will after the game. But rushing for 3100 yards doesn't help passing stats.

And why are you people hung up over the semantics of the top 5 statement...say he was top 7 or top 8 over the last ten years...think of how many QB's have played during that time in this league...that makes him ELITE over his career

Even if you said he was the tenth best QB over the last 10 years...there are 32 teams in the league, most of which have had multiple QB's and you are going to complain about a guy who was one of the 10 best during that span WHILE THROWING TO NO TALENT!!!!!!! I cant say that enough...NO TALENT AT WR...even pregame Chris Carter was mocking Thrash, Pinkston, Fred Ex, etc that this poor guy has had to work with...

no way i'd give up a #1 or trent. trent's only 25 and has a lot of upside, mark my words next year's back up to trent will be . . . . jon kittna

And why are you people hung up over the semantics of the top 5 statement.

Hey, what do you mean, "you people?" :doh:

Don't get too hung up on the idea of McNabb having "No talent at WR." Last I checked, McNabb has played with the best receiving RB in the league for the better part of his career. Few people would argue that he has had much more Tight End talent on his teams than have the Bills as well. I would not be surprised if the Eagles threw to running back more than any other team in the NFL. Given that those passes tend to be higher percentage, I would say that McNabb's completion percentage is artificially inflated (and it's still pretty low).

If you are going to say we can't judge a QB based on a relatively small body of work (such as Warner), how can you possibly say we should already give up on Trent?

Hey, what do you mean, "you people?" :doh:

Don't get too hung up on the idea of McNabb having "No talent at WR." Last I checked, McNabb has played with the best receiving RB in the league for the better part of his career. Few people would argue that he has had much more Tight End talent on his teams than have the Bills as well. I would not be surprised if the Eagles threw to running back more than any other team in the NFL. Given that those passes tend to be higher percentage, I would say that McNabb's completion percentage is artificially inflated (and it's still pretty low).

If you are going to say we can't judge a QB based on a relatively small body of work (such as Warner), how can you possibly say we should already give up on Trent?

When I referenced "small body of work" it was in reference to best of the last 10 years when you brought up Warner...

Second, Trent is NO McNabb...dont even go there...

Third, Westbrook has been a reciever threat for him since only 2004 and didnt become Elite until his breakout year in 2006. So, that hardly covers McNabbs career...look some stats up before you shoot off at the hip...

Not to mention, you just justified McNabb because he HAS to throw to a RB, which should tell you how little he has to work with at WR...No one in their right mind who has any football knowledge at all would EVER claim McNabb has had talent to throw to in the course of his career. In fact, the first thing they point out is how he only had T.O. for a season and a half, and besides that NO BODY!

No way. This team does not need a middle-aged McNabb at QB. Injury and age have taken its toll on this guy and his skills are in the middle of a marked decline. He wass thoroughly outplayed by Jeff Garcia 2 years ago and the Eagles would have been wise to have parted ways with him then.

Funny, he is picking apart cleveland like it was a scrimmage...you know the team that ended our season

LMAO at Andy Reid...you have McNabb, Westbrook, and even Buckhalter against the fourth worst rushing D in the league and you have a 5'10" rookie throw the ball down the middle of the end zone...

Maybe Turk called in the play to him on the previous timeout...