Rebuild?

Bflojohn

I'll admit one thing here, I'm transitioning into offseason mode (Yes, I'm going to watch the last two games!) and wondering if the team really needs to be "blown up" as I believe some would want. My contention is that a core of players are available to Dick Jauron or whoever coaches next season. I know that posters ALL seem to have their own "master plan" for success, but what really is needed and how do they go about it? I'd guess that the free agency period will, in my mind, yield defensive reinforcements and the draft will bolster the offense. When I look at who is available as opposed to who gets franchised and so forth, the pickings look slim. My feeling is that the Bills could venture into the OLB ranks and nab a guy like Mike Peterson. The DE position is bleek for March, so maybe the Bills will find their DE in the VERY early rounds. I don't think that they are too far from contending, so here is my layout for a playoff push (legitimate one) in 2009.

Free Agents:

OLB Mike Peterson

OG Jahri Evans

Draft:

1st round (pick #8) Brian Orapko, DE, Texas

Trade 2010 first rounder and 4th rounder this year, 2009 for later first round pick

1st round ( say pick # 25) Alex Mack, C, California

2nd round (pick # 41) Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri

3rd round (pick #74) Evander Hood, DT, Missouri

5th round ( ? ) Graham Harrell, QB, Texas Tech

6th round ( ? ) Javorskie Lane, FB/RB, Texas A&M

7th round ( ? ) Terrill Byrd, DT/DE, Cincinnati

Personally, I don't want to start over when the possibilities of putting this type of team together exists!!

Side note: For the members who might be aware of CFL players, are there any QB's that would warrent a look? Thoughts?

I dont like the post name-REBUILD- that would entail we have something that was built and needs to be knocked down and restarted again. This term usually applies to a team that has aging veterans and its time to rebuild and becuase of that you are willing to give a 3 year rebuiliding phase to do so. WE rebuilded in 2001 then again in 2004 but we havent built anything since 2004 yet. We are still a 1/2 dozen players shy of being built.

So I say finshing building this thing this year and lets start producing!!!! :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like the post name-REBUILD- that would entail we have something that was built and needs to be knocked down and restarted again. This term usually applies to a team that has aging veterans and its time to rebuild and becuase of that you are willing to give a 3 year rebuiliding phase to do so. WE rebuilded in 2001 then again in 2004 but we havent built anything since 2004 yet. We are still a 1/2 dozen players shy of being built.

So I say finshing building this thing this year and lets start producing!!!! :lol:

What if the team is built on a shaky foundation and has reached its ceiling......I think it has.