Backup QB For Next Year

rolly

As another disappointing season comes to an end, 2 things seem to be almost certain for next year:

1. Edwards will get the chance to be the starter for at least another season

2. Losman will be gone, leaving a vacancy at backup QB (unless you think hamdan can do the job)

My guess is that they will bring in a veteran QB to help along trent, as well as someone who can step in and get the job done if need be (see kerry collins)

So, the question is- Who might the bills go after?

Here's a list of potential free agent QB's who might be worth a look in 2009 (in no particular order):

1. Kerry Collins

2. Byron Leftwich

3. Jeff Garcia

4. J.T. O'Sullivan

5. Matt Cassel

While its not a very enticing list, I think i'd attempt to sign Jeff Garcia. He's old (38) but can still get the job done and win games. My only concern is that he might still want to start somewhere. What does everyone think?

As another disappointing season comes to an end, 2 things seem to be almost certain for next year:

1. Edwards will get the chance to be the starter for at least another season

2. Losman will be gone, leaving a vacancy at backup QB (unless you think hamdan can do the job)

My guess is that they will bring in a veteran QB to help along trent, as well as someone who can step in and get the job done if need be (see kerry collins)

So, the question is- Who might the bills go after?

Here's a list of potential free agent QB's who might be worth a look in 2009 (in no particular order):

1. Kerry Collins

2. Byron Leftwich

3. Jeff Garcia

4. J.T. O'Sullivan

5. Matt Cassel

While its not a very enticing list, I think i'd attempt to sign Jeff Garcia. He's old (38) but can still get the job done and win games. My only concern is that he might still want to start somewhere. What does everyone think?

If you can get Collins or Garcia or Warren, sign them right away announce them as the opening day starter for 2009. Let Trent study and practice and do mop up duty and maybe in a couple of years he'll be ready. Same goes if you can work a trade for McNabb or Bulger.

if you can get Cassell or Letwich, sign them and announce that the QB position is open and will be settled in preseason. Unless they totally screw up, they'll probably be in.

Signing Cassell would also give us lot's of inside intelligence into the Patsies offense and defense.

We need a real QB in 2009 !!

Go BILLS !!

If you can get Collins or Garcia or Warren, sign them right away announce them as the opening day starter for 2009. Let Trent study and practice and do mop up duty and maybe in a couple of years he'll be ready. Same goes if you can work a trade for McNabb or Bulger.

if you can get Cassell or Letwich, sign them and announce that the QB position is open and will be settled in preseason. Unless they totally screw up, they'll probably be in.

Signing Cassell would also give us lot's of inside intelligence into the Patsies offense and defense.

We need a real QB in 2009 !!

Go BILLS !!

NE aint letting Cassell get away.

NE aint letting Cassell get away.

You got a crystal ball?

If Brady comes back perhaps they don't think they need him. He's been good, but not great. Someone may offer him some heavy duty dollars and NE could decide to save the cash and find a cheap sub elsewhere.

I think he will go somewhere else next year, but like you, I don't know for sure.