Free agent QB list is pretty thin next year

BuffaloBill

I'm sure Warner, Collins, and Garcia would all love to give up their starting jobs to come play left bench for one of the worst franchises in the National Football League.

what team would garcia start for? he is at odds with the coach there. he would be the perfect backup for us.

Edwards is fine.. jesus... you people have no patience.

ditto....I'm not sure what is going on with TE but I am not willing to give up on him. I think moving him to a back up role right now will not be a good thing. Let's give him an off season to work on it and come back strong. That being said it would be hard not to make a play for Garcia, Warner or Collins. I would think Garcia would be the only guy available of the three though.

JP is history unless he shows greatness in the next two games.

I think Batch might be able to help in the form of player coach McCowen can't contribute in this capacity.

If Batch recovers from the collar bone injury, he will re-sign with his hometown steelers and the Steeler really like him as the backup. This would also mean that Leftwich will be released by the steelers. However, he will garner some interest for starting jobs around the league...

If Batch recovers from the collar bone injury, he will re-sign with his hometown steelers and the Steeler really like him as the backup. This would also mean that Leftwich will be released by the steelers. However, he will garner some interest for starting jobs around the league...

Leftwitch didn't this year, what makes you think he will next year?

QBs that may be available next year (from and in the classifications provided by scout.com - for what it is worth I do not see Cassel as a starter in the NFL):

Quarterbacks Who Are Considered Starters

Kurt Warner/Arizona Cardinals/UFA - Sources indicate that contract negotiations have been slow in getting Warner an extension but the team clearly doesn't trust Matt Leinart. If Warner continues to play well, look for the team to step up their effort to get Warner signed to a three-year deal.

Kerry Collins/Tennessee Titans/UFA - Things are going so well that it wouldn't be a surprise if they signed the veteran signal caller to an extension during the regular season.

Matt Cassel/New England Patriots/UFA - He's finally getting his shot to play and is starting to play better. Cassel could garner decent interest around the league next year if he continues to progress.

Jeff Garcia/Tampa Bay Buccaneers/UFA - The team hasn't shown much interest in getting him signed to a new deal but if they continue to win, Garcia could make it hard to management not to sign him. Tampa Bay also doesn't have a younger quarterback that's really ready to emerge as the starter at the position.

Others Who Could Find Interest For Backup Purposes

Chris Simms/Tennessee Titans/UFA

J.P. Losman/Buffalo Bills/UFA

Byron Leftwich/Pittsburgh Steelers/UFA

Rex Grossman/Chicago Bears/UFA

Kyle Boller/Baltimore Ravens/UFA

Luke McCown/Tampa Bay Buccaneers/UFA

David Carr/New York Giants/UFA

Patrick Ramsey/Denver Broncos/UFA

Brooks Bollinger/Dallas Cowboys/UFA

Dan Orlovsky/Detroit Lions/UFA

Charlie Frye/Seattle Seahawks/UFA

Charlie Batch/Pittsburgh Steelers/UFA

Anthony Wright/New York Giants/UFA

(below are my comments not scout.com):

Who the Bills go after will depend largely on who is named as OC. My hope is that they make a run at Collins, Warner or Garcia. Any of these guys could play the role of player coach for Edwards. Should Edwards stumble badly again as he did this year they have a viable #2 to step in. Of the remaining QB's Leftwich or Batch may be the best available.

The Bills would also be wise to search long and hard for a good QB coach. Looks like they have little choice but to go with Edwards again for next season. He has shown at times that he has what it takes. He has fallen apart once opposing defenses learned to take away the underneath and dump off routes. They will continue to do so until he shows he can beat the tactic.

With all due respect, I hope you realize that if either Collins, Warner, or Garcia come in, Edwards won't have to stumble to be replaced, b/c there's no way in hell any of those guys take a backseat to Edwards.

Edwards is fine.. jesus... you people have no patience.

You are not listening - I've advocated someone who can be a player coach and help mentor TE. If TE really starts sucking wind like he did in the Cleveland game then we have a relief pitcher available. We need victories not just time to get TE through the learning process.

ditto....I'm not sure what is going on with TE but I am not willing to give up on him. I think moving him to a back up role right now will not be a good thing. Let's give him an off season to work on it and come back strong. That being said it would be hard not to make a play for Garcia, Warner or Collins. I would think Garcia would be the only guy available of the three though.

JP is history unless he shows greatness in the next two games.

JP is gone regardless. If you were in his shoes would you ever resign with Buffalo?