OK, so I was RIPPED-OFF today!

Buffan00

It's not harassment to simply ask for your money back and state that you're going to bring it to small claims court.

Don't say anything to the guy ahead of time, but if you do take him to small claims court, lawyers are NOT allowed. :censored: When I took my landlord to court, he had his lawyer there and I informed the judge that he wasn't allowed the talk. The lawyer tried claiming that he owned the building, judge allowed that, until I interrupted again and said that I had never heard of this guy before and had always sent all rent checks to the actual landlord's address. At that point the judge got pissed at the lawyer and basically told him to shut up and sit down. It was glorious. :wallbash:

"Don't say anything to the guy ahead of time, but if you do take him to small claims court, lawyers are NOT allowed."

This may be true in some jurisdictions, but most WNY small claims courts allow attorneys to be present and to represent you.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it might, cause saying it works/worked great would be false advertising and leading the customer into believing it was in working order.

I thought you were saying that if he said "worked" great it would have no bearing on the current state of the item but if he said "works" great that would mean he's stating it does work.

Sorry if I misinterpreted that. :wallbash:

"Don't say anything to the guy ahead of time, but if you do take him to small claims court, lawyers are NOT allowed."

This may be true in some jurisdictions, but most WNY small claims courts allow attorneys to be present and to represent you.

Link

You do not have to bring a lawyer to Small Claims Court, but you can bring a lawyer if you want to. You should bring with you two copies of any papers that help prove your case.

Why would you want to pay a lawyer to go to small claims. My wife is two for two in small claims with one win against UCLA. :wallbash:

Link

You do not have to bring a lawyer to Small Claims Court, but you can bring a lawyer if you want to. You should bring with you two copies of any papers that help prove your case.

Ahhhh, good to know.

Definitely not allowed in MN:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/consumerism/small_mn.html

<li>Attorneys: Not allowed except with court's permission; required for corporations.