Just a thought Maybe Marv is full responsible for all of this???

Poeticlaw

In 1998 Marv Retired and he had left WADE PHILLIPS as HC in waiting. Personally I did not like wade phillips. I am wondering with all the talent that team was stocked with if they would have gone thru the hiring Phase would we have hired Jon Gruden instead of Oakland or maybe Jim Mora instead of Indy. As bad as the Oak franchise is can you imagine if we had Hire GRUDEN that he might still be our HC today with a gritty team.... oh then again maybe not becuase ralph doesnt beileve in Paying the HC the market worth so he might have left instead.

Any way just a thought FLAME AWAY!!!! :censored::censored:

For all the problems the team has had since 1998, Wade wasn't one of them. All he did was go 29-19 as head coach and take us to the playoffs in 2 of his 3 years here. In fact, Wade's record during those 3 years was better than Marv's was in his final three years coaching the team. So if you want to blame Marv for the current team, blame him for some of the questionable decisions he made as GM the last two years -- not for leaving the team in Wade's hands.

In 1998 Marv Retired and he had left WADE PHILLIPS as HC in waiting. Personally I did not like wade phillips. I am wondering with all the talent that team was stocked with if they would have gone thru the hiring Phase would we have hired Jon Gruden instead of Oakland or maybe Jim Mora instead of Indy. As bad as the Oak franchise is can you imagine if we had Hire GRUDEN that he might still be our HC today with a gritty team.... oh then again maybe not becuase ralph doesnt beileve in Paying the HC the market worth so he might have left instead.

Any way just a thought FLAME AWAY!!!! :(:)

For all the problems the team has had since 1998, Wade wasn't one of them. All he did was go 29-19 as head coach and take us to the playoffs in 2 of his 3 years here. In fact, Wade's record during those 3 years was better than Marv's was in his final three years coaching the team. So if you want to blame Marv for the current team, blame him for some of the questionable decisions he made as GM the last two years -- not for leaving the team in Wade's hands.

/thread

I still say that Marv wanted to be named Head Coach when he came back, and Ralph tricked him into thinking he would name him Head Coach, then, like the douchebag that Ralph is, he told him no, right after he had him embarass Mularkey into quitting. I won't go look for the articles I found that included the first Press Conference when Marv was asked if he'd consider coaching, but I remember vividly him saying he knew he could still do it. The PC where he and Ralph stood there and were asked if Marv would coach, and Ralph blurted out an emphatic "No", I still remember Marv's face.

He wanted the job and Ralph !@#$ed him out of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Marv picked Dick to send one last F U to dear old Alzheimer Ralph.

I disagree....Wade broke that locker room by keeping the Johnson-Flutie controversy around. He did not help the Special Teams. He had pretty good talent on the defensive side of the ball with Ted Washington, Pat Williams, Bruce Smith on the line and yet he choked his way out in two playoff games.

Wade was the beneficiary of the last Polian remnants and a few John Butler hits (R. Brown, Moulds, Wiley) and of course the play of Flutie.

His performance in Dallas should demonstrate his teams win in spite of and not because of his coaching.

Although I'd freely admit he's the best coach since Levy. It's not saying much, but he's at least a better defensive coach than Williams and Jauron.

Marv's tenure as GM was something that never should have happened. He was not, nor is he, suited for the position and it speaks to RW's lack of understanding about how a front office operates that he was hired.

Ralph has no long term plans, and he's content to sit at the top and collect the cash. He no longer cares. The difference between now and right after Donahoe was that at that point, RW was just looking to retain the fan base with a PR move in hiring Marv.