Mularkey's Press Conference

Realist

It's funny how a little slip of the words set this place off.

Boy I miss a winning season.

88420[/snapback]

In fact a reporter asked him (not exact quotes, but along those lines) "Why don't you just come right out and name one as your starter instead of saying both are starting?" MM said quite clearly, "I just did. Willis is starting."

Mularkey said that the Bills have 2 quality starters, but this week McGahee will get the start with Travis coming in to give him a blow when he needs it.  He did NOT say next week Henry would start.

88410[/snapback]

If the thought of Henry giving Willis "a blow" doesn't make McGahee run like the wind, I'm not sure what will.

If the thought of Henry giving Willis "a blow" doesn't make McGahee run like the wind, I'm not sure what will.

88444[/snapback]

LOL

I was wondering who would be the first person to say something about that phrase. But those are Mularkey's words, not mine. :doh:

In fact a reporter asked him (not exact quotes, but along those lines) "Why don't you just come right out and name one as your starter instead of saying both are starting?"  MM said quite clearly, "I just did.  Willis is starting."

88439[/snapback]

That's much better.

That's much better.

88456[/snapback]

How is it much better? This is his quote on BB.com. This is a friggin joke and not "a little slip of the words".

Starting Pair

Head Coach Mike Mularkey has announced that both Travis Henry and Willis McGahee have been named starting running backs. “Based on Willis’ performance the last couple of weeks with the run game I felt like he has given us a spark moving the ball when there have been holes and when there hasn’t been holes,” Mularkey told Buffalobills.com. “We’re going to see if that can be a difference in this game.”

How is it much better?  This is his quote on BB.com.  This is a friggin joke and not "a little slip of the words".

Starting Pair

Head Coach Mike Mularkey has announced that both Travis Henry and Willis McGahee have been named starting running backs. “Based on Willis’ performance the last couple of weeks with the run game I felt like he has given us a spark moving the ball when there have been holes and when there hasn’t been holes,” Mularkey told Buffalobills.com. “We’re going to see if that can be a difference in this game.”

88491[/snapback]

It the quote is true, then Mularkey made a mistake, but corrected in the press conference.

I'd prefer that he doesn't make the mistake in the future, but it's better than him going into the press conference saying, "Yup, that's what we have, two starting RBs. We're going to rotate them every series."

How is it much better?  This is his quote on BB.com.  This is a friggin joke and not "a little slip of the words".

Starting Pair

88491[/snapback]

I'll go by what I heard him say in the press conference than what is written on the website. You can listen to the archived pc from bb.com too, I believe they have it up there.

Did anyone else think Mularkey sounded like an idiot?

He just sounded confused and unsure about what he was actually doing with Travis and McGahee.

88604[/snapback]

1st year Jitters. He can't play both sides of the fence. Start MaGahee and quit worrying about TH's " feelings ".

Good God ! Is this how he's going to handle the QB situation, if we continue to lose the next 3 weeks ??? The Rams game comes up, Losman is 100 % healthy and ready. MM says " I better wait. I don't want to hurt Drew ? " Meanwhile the team is 2-7 or 1-8 and the fans want blood.

Hey Mike . I know a good Osteopath who can help locate your spine ! You're building your own plank to dance on. Nut Up ! <_<

1st year Jitters. He can't play both sides of the fence. Start MaGahee and quit worrying about TH's " feelings ".

Good God ! Is this how he's going to handle the QB situation, if we continue to lose the next 3 weeks ??? The Rams game comes up, Losman is 100 % healthy and ready. MM says " I better wait. I don't want to hurt Drew ? "  Meanwhile the team is 2-7 or 1-8 and the fans want blood.

Hey Mike . I know a good Osteopath who can help locate your spine !  You're building your own plank to dance on. Nut Up !    <_<

88623[/snapback]

I dunno' Mark, this doesn't appear very ambiguous, nor does it appear to be very spineless.