What The Hell Now?! Where Do They Go? What Do They Do?

Steely Dan

I kept saying at 4-0 that they hadn't made the playoffs yet and not to get too excited but it was mostly just words. I'm crushed. I held out a tiny bit of hope that they would win out and possibly make the playoffs. Their season has only meaningless games left on the schedule. I have to believe they are mathematically eliminated now.

What happens from here?

Fire Jauron and then start all over again? Would it be smarter to give him one more year and if he's fired would the next guy be any better? Some of the games this year have been horrifying. If they can get a proven HC like Cowhead or even Schottenheimer I'd say yes. Do they elevate April to HC?

I think the FO has been together for less than a year now and so I'm willing to cut them a break and I really don't see this as their fault right now.

Does Ralph fire the HC and front office and start all over again?

Are there any coaching changes that would help?

Could Levy come back and re-right the ship?

I have no idea what they can do. Every option has an upside and downside to it.

:sick::doh::lol:

I think Jauron has to go. I was all for giving him some more time until the past two weeks. It's gotten ridiculous and his inability to inspire his team and even show the slightest bit of human emotion makes him a bad fit. Once he's gone they simply MUST get someone that knows how to put together a legitimate NFL coaching staff.

What is the problem?

Fire Jarhead why do you people still stand behind this idiot of and I use the word "coach" of so loosely!!!

I am a die-hard Bills fan. I was born in Lackawanna and been a fan for over 40 years...except for a few good years in the 90's this organization is a sham.

I now live in Hawaii and I have to get up pretty early to watch these games at an establishment...this was the 1st time I have actaully left the game in disgust before the 3rd quarter was even played!!...I will not watch this drivel any longer....

Jarhead has lost the team and lost fine people of the city of Buffalo!

I kept saying at 4-0 that they hadn't made the playoffs yet and not to get too excited but it was mostly just words. I'm crushed. I held out a tiny bit of hope that they would win out and possibly make the playoffs. Their season has only meaningless games left on the schedule. I have to believe they are mathematically eliminated now.

What happens from here?

Fire Jauron and then start all over again? Would it be smarter to give him one more year and if he's fired would the next guy be any better? Some of the games this year have been horrifying. If they can get a proven HC like Cowhead or even Schottenheimer I'd say yes. Do they elevate April to HC?

I think the FO has been together for less than a year now and so I'm willing to cut them a break and I really don't see this as their fault right now.

What happens from here?

What I'm trying to figure out is how much of our current futility is players starting to lay down vs. the team just isn't very good. Who is the veteran leadership on this team? Seriously. If no one's to the point of calling some people out after this kind of p1ss-poor performance, then they're proving to be a bunch of gutless, complacent, loser millionaires.

Coaching staffs cost money. Will he spend it? One suggestion- Steve spagnola of the Giants.

That's a definite option. The new HC would probably have to stick pretty much to the current coaching staff though and that's gonna make it harder to get a guy.

Okay so Jauron gets canned. Then what? Our players suck. The bottum line is we need better personnel.

I disagree. This team is stocked with talent. That's what's so frustrating!

With Jauron I see no fire in the belly and that translates to the team. The side line looks like a meeting for a knitting team. Just because they are professioinals does not mean they can not play motivated. Football is an intense sport and this team has no intensity. And practice indoors , what a bunch of panzies.

Ralph should start by investing some money in hiring a legitimate GM.

BTW-the front office has been together for about 8 years. That's Guy, Modrak, and Overdorf. Brandon is just a business guy they propped up into a job he has no idea how to do.

People said Huizenga was crazy to pay Parcells all that money. Where are those people now?

A team 1-15 last year is 8-5 this year. The Parcells investment has paid off in spades, but yet Ralph eschews common sense and does it his way.

Well, his way has resulted in a team that's gone 59-82 since 2000.

Marv ain't coming back either. He did nothing but answer fan letters and participate in photo ops anyway. He took the job because Ralph needed a big PR move to get fans in the seats after TD tried to censor them from complaining.

SD-you of all people should admit that ML did very little, his hiring of DJ was a mistake, and that RW is one of the poorest owners in the league, above only Mike Brown, Al Davis, and the Ford Family.

Ralph should start by investing some money in hiring a legitimate GM.

BTW-the front office has been together for about 8 years. That's Guy, Modrak, and Overdorf. Brandon is just a business guy they propped up into a job he has no idea how to do.

People said Huizenga was crazy to pay Parcells all that money. Where are those people now?

A team 1-15 last year is 8-5 this year. The Parcells investment has paid off in spades, but yet Ralph eschews common sense and does it his way.

Well, his way has resulted in a team that's gone 59-82 since 2000.

Marv ain't coming back either. He did nothing but answer fan letters and participate in photo ops anyway. He took the job because Ralph needed a big PR move to get fans in the seats after TD tried to censor them from complaining.

SD-you of all people should admit that ML did very little, his hiring of DJ was a mistake, and that RW is one of the poorest owners in the league, above only Mike Brown, Al Davis, and the Ford Family.

I meant in their new roles together. I think they need a couple of years to find the best way to work with each other.

I felt Levy brought back the drafting science that he Polian used during the Bills SB years. I think this team has SB winning talent on it. I think they have more overall talent than Miami but the Poorpisses have arguably the best HC in the league.

I meant in their new roles together. I think they need a couple of years to find the best way to work with each other.

I felt Levy brought back the drafting science that he Polian used during the Bills SB years. I think this team has SB winning talent on it. I think they have more overall talent than Miami but the Poorpisses have arguably the best HC in the league.

I don't know about that, the best HC in the league? He may be up for coach of the year, but would you really take Sparano over Fisher, Belicheck, Coughlin, et al? And SB talent on this team? There's a decent base, but no stars outside Evans and Lynch. Those are two good stars to have, but there is nothing going right and this DLine looks like crap.

Guy has been Pro Personnel director for about 8 years. Same as Modrak as Amateur Scouting director. Nothing's changed but their titles.

Brandon is nothing more than a business/marketing manager whose department will have a hard time selling tickets this coming year. He has not worked in personnel one second before being unnecessarily promoted to a position he has no business handling.

Levy may have brought Polian's science, but he left his textbooks at home. IMO, the personnel people made four picks in two years. Whitner (at 8th overall) Lynch, Poz, and Edwards. The rest are pedestrian, or bad. That includes Butler, Ellison, Simpson, Youboty, and McCargo.

Miami also invested money in a real talent evaluator like Parcells, who brought with him from Dallas Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano.

I think you're waiting for something to happen that never will: success without real front office people who know talent. Modrak might be fine, but the guy who should be bringing it all together is not suited for the job. And I'm talking about Brandon.