The most depressing football Sunday morning, Ever

Tony P

Been in a funk all weekend and I can't remember EVER looking forward to a Bills' game with this much dread. Instead of thinking about what they have to do to stop Miami, I'm thinking how this entire situation simply should not be. I'm getting a glimpse of what the future may hold and I don't like it.

I've followed this team since its inception and supported them through the (mostly) bad and the good times. But the prospect of actually watching a Bills' "home" game, in Toronto, against a division rival - the Phish no less- has me really depressed.

It finally sinks in that this could be the beginning of the end of a relationship that has been a part of my life since I've been a kid.

I've always supported RW in his ownership but this is a betrayal of the fans that supported his business no matter how poorly it was managed. Yes he kept the team in WNY but WNY also helped make him very wealthy. And this is a region that really does have better things to spend their money on given the economics of the past 40+ years.

To me, the game today is secondary. This sucks.

Been in a funk all weekend and I can't remember EVER looking forward to a Bills' game with this much dread. Instead of thinking about what they have to do to stop Miami, I'm thinking how this entire situation simply should not be. I'm getting a glimpse of what the future may hold and I don't like it.

I've followed this team since its inception and supported them through the (mostly) bad and the good times. But the prospect of actually watching a Bills' "home" game, in Toronto, against a division rival - the Phish no less- has me really depressed.

It finally sinks in that this could be the beginning of the end of a relationship that has been a part of my life since I've been a kid.

I've always supported RW in his ownership but this is a betrayal of the fans that supported his business no matter how poorly it was managed. Yes he kept the team in WNY but WNY also helped make him very wealthy. And this is a region that really does have better things to spend their money on given the economics of the past 40+ years.

Repeat with me. It's one game out of eight. The team has received a great deal of money for it. It's good to get exposure outside of WNY.

Repeat ad nauseum.

People need to stop with the "glass half empty" attitude. The NFL has much bigger issues brewing with collective bargaining.

Did anyone else see "Mr. Money" Jerry Jones needs some dough? http://sportsbybrooks.com/jerry-jones-need...ember-1st-20867

Ralph is trying to get revenue up- and this move is smart. If a good portion of Canada becomes Bills fans- that's a good thing for WNY.

The actual NFL isn't thinking about moving the Buffalo Bills to Canada any time soon.However they are now contemplating other teams besides the Buffalo Bills playing games up in Canada.I can understand why Ralph Wilson would want to play some games in Canada ...so his franchise continues to show a profit, which will allow him to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

I'm not depressed because of the Bills playing a game in Canada, I am thoroughly depressed that JP Losman is starting It and the fact that the Bills will yet again fail to mount an effective ground attack so playing in a dome might actually help them with the constant shotgun formations and passing.

After watching that 49er game I have lost complete and total faith in JP to lead a successful passing attack.My only glimmer of hope remains in the thought that maybe JP will get knocked out of the game and Hamden will play.

they are getting more money for 2 games per year in Toronto than the team makes in an entire year. With everything going on, Ralph would be dumb not to do this.

and I don't have to buy 2 preseason games :rolleyes:

Toronto aside, does anybody really think that the Bills are going anywhere in this economy? There is no municipal money to build a new stadium somewhere that doesn't have one already and Toronto's is to small. Who would buy a team and move them to a stadium that was on par with the Ralph. They are going to be in Buffalo long after Ralph.

WNY made Ralph very wealthy only if you ignore the possiblity of Ralph moving the team to another market and becoming even wealthier.

it is just another sharp slap in the face from the impoverished ralph wilson to loyal bills fans.