Auburn HC - Tuberville Resigns

Cynical

Tommy Tuberville officially resigned as HC of the Auburn Tigers

Linky

Poking around some of the AU Tiger boards, one small interesting rumor caught my attention:

Tuberville to MSU :thumbsup:

That makes two SEC West schools looking for a coach.

I'll give you all you need to know about the Auburn-Tuberville situation in six words:

Bobby Lowder finally got his way.

No doubt. But Tubby was his own worst enemy. He remained steadfastly loyal to his BBQ gang, and that loyalty extracted a price every year.

Tuberville getting pounded by Ole Miss, the team he shamelessly abandoned to take the Auburn job, was a case of the "comes around" meeting the "goes around". It's likely that loss is what ultimately cost him his job at Auburn.

Not by a long shot. There is no "one" thing that forced Tubby to resign, but the final straw was the 36-0 beating Bama cheerfully handed out to the 'Wah Ig-guls'.

It certainly contributed...had he won that game they probably would have forgiven his losing to Alabama for the first time. Nobody knows for sure, but it's reasonable to believe that if they had beat Ole Miss he'd still be coach at Auburn today.

This was in the making years ago when they actually tried to get Pettrino to come to Auburn while Tubby was still the HC. Classless move by the Auburn AD & the boosters. TT downfall this year was bringing in the guy from Troy to run the spread offense & what Cynical posted about him still leaving the same BBQ staff on that had no idea what the spread was about. TT will land on his feet, he is a good big game coach.

It certainly contributed...had he won that game they probably would have forgiven his losing to Alabama for the first time. Nobody knows for sure, but it's reasonable to believe that if they had beat Ole Miss he'd still be coach at Auburn today.

:worthy:

Unless you know something I do not, Ole Miss is not even a factor in the equation.

I am curious. Other than the way Tubby left Ole Miss, what makes you think that loss would carry that much weight?

This was in the making years ago when they actually tried to get Pettrino to come to Auburn while Tubby was still the HC. Classless move by the Auburn AD & the boosters. TT downfall this year was bringing in the guy from Troy to run the spread offense & what Cynical posted about him still leaving the same BBQ staff on that had no idea what the spread was about. TT will land on his feet, he is a good big game coach.

Actually, from some of the things I read, the AD asked Tubby 3 times to reconsider.

I think Tubby realized his days were numbered anyway with the way he handled the whole Tony Franklin fiasco.

He decided to get out while he still had his reputation and legacy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.