How many of you want to try a completly different approach?

Why does this guys name keep popping up? He was a good WR, but man, the WR's in Oakland have been terrible since he was a coordinator there...so what is it that makes him a candidate anywhere other than in the black hole known as the Oakland HC job?

He has gotten rave reviews by NFL GM's as becoming a great Head Coach some day.

Was on ESPN 2 months ago

I clearly said the new head coach would pick the best!

I never said just pick any former player

I will take motivated coaches that love Buffalo over what we have now

The best what? Former Bills players who outside of the HC candidates you mentioned, have little or no coaching experience at the NFL level?

The best what? Former Bills players who outside of the HC candidates you mentioned, have little or no coaching experience at the NFL level?

I would have to research that, you may need to hire one or two non Buffalo players

Players with NFL experience that are leaders can be better then what we have

WE NEED TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAT WILL SATISFY RALPH AND THE FANS AND GET AWAY FROM BRIGHT YOUNG ASSISTANTS.

You have 5 options

#1 A bright young assistant as head coach, with bargain basement assistants.

#2 Former Buffalo players with experience and desire ( interview everyone interested)

#3 Hope Ralph will change and hire a real coaching staff

#4 Stay with Dick Jauron

#5 B word

DIE HARD 1967

If Ralph Wilson were smart, he would make Jimbo ante up with all of these alleged billionaire partners of his, and just sell the whole damn thing to them this off-season. Even after the huge tax hit, he will have still earned about $300 to $400 Million dollars cash in his pocket on a lark he put up Twenty Five Grand for 50 years ago. In addition to that, he will walk away a hero in Western New York for actually selling to the one group serious about keeping the team here. At 90 years old after 50 years of this crap, I cannot imagine why he would want to blow the thing up all over again and start from scratch. Especially if he despises having to pay a real coach real money in today's NFL.

Those 5 options all suck, from Ralph's point of view. I would love it. Ralph calls Kelly up to his suite from the sidelines of the Pats game, and tells him he has 90 days to get these sugar daddies together and make him a legitimate offer.

#1 Can we agree that Ralph is cheap when it comes to hiring coaches?

#2 Can we also agree that if Dick Jauron is fired, a bright young assistant will probably replace him?

#3 Will you admit this doesn't work in Buffalo?

This situation calls for some imagination or nothing will ever change in Buffalo until the team is sold.

Tell me if you think this would be a better option and would Ralph buy into the change?

I would build a coaching staff from Former Buffalo Bills only.

#1 I want players that feel there is unfinished business in Buffalo and SHARE Buffalo's pain.

#2 I will pay them a competitive NFL salary with a huge 1 million dollar bonus for winning the Superbowl to every coach.

#3 I want former players that were leaders, and want a chance in Buffalo and are motivated to accomplish something that was not possible when they played here. This may provide closure for some ex-players that never won anything.

This could be a total team effort by the coaching staff to work together to achieve something special.

Please don't tell me no former players would be interested, you never know to you ask. I would hire a former Bill's player as head coach and interview everyone interested, then pick the BEST!

I saw somewhere there is over 15,000 ex Buffalo Bills.

This is an Example only

Head Coach, Schottenheimer or Jim Hasslet. ( Must be an experiened HEAD COACH)

Assistant Coach James Loften, and any number of qualified ex players

Offensive Line Coach, Kent Hull, Joe D. Mike Montler

Offensive coordinator, Frank Reich, Sam Wyche, don't think Jim would be interested.

Defensive Coordinator, Chris Spielman, Jim Haslett,

Defensive line coach, Phil Hanson, Mark Pike.

Linebacker coach, Daryl Talley, Chris Spielman, Shane Conlan, Ray Bentley,

You can fill in the rest of the coaching staff if you wish as this was only an example.

Some of you guys may be laughing, and I will be laughing when the Bills hire some bright young assistant from Pittsburgh, then hire a bunch of bargain basement assistant coaches that have no vested interest in Buffalo

I think Ralph would be happy with the competitive contracts and have no problem paying out the bonuses because the Bills would gain value.

WE NEED TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAT WILL SATISFY RALPH AND THE FANS AND GET AWAY FROM BRIGHT YOUNG ASSISTANTS.

You have 5 options

#1 A bright young assistant as head coach, with bargain basement assistants.

#2 Former Buffalo players with experience and desire ( interview everyone interested)

#3 Hope Ralph will change and hire a real coaching staff

#4 Stay with Dick Jauron

#5 B word

DIE HARD 1967

Me Likey

So following your line of thinking we should have kept Greg Williams as our head coach.

I'm sorry, but if 7 losing seasons in 8 years as a head coach is unconvincing, you need serious help.

Williams, Malarkey and Jauron were ALL dumb hires and our first gut reactions towards hearing those names were no doubt the correct ones. Not one time did we fans hear those names announced and think, "Hey, I can't believe we got this guy!". It was more like, "Who? That was the best we could do?" It was only after hearing the team and local media hype that we all fell in line and gave way to our hopes that these hires were fate and that the Bills were on their way to greatness again. What the Bills need to do is once again fire another failure and hire a real live authentic football coach who has great football instincts, intelligence and leadership abilities. None of these last three coaches had those qualities. There's a coach out there who does and is the perfect fit, they just have to find him like the Dolphins, Falcons and Ravens with fantastic success.

Sure, fire Jauron. I said that to my pals after the Bills ran three times into the line before attempting the last field goad against Cleveland.

Who's the sure-fire coach you want to hire? Did Sparano have "sure thing" tattooed on his forehead when the Dolphins hired him? About as much as Romeo Crennel did. Or Denis Erickson. Or Nick Saban.

I think were all pissed off and depressed. I also think a lot of people on this board think running a football team is a lot easier than it really is. But I'm no expert, I'm just a fan. The thought of blowing it all up and starting over again with the Bills, bringing in a whole new coaching staff with new schemes, needing new personnel, just makes me tired. But if that's the call so be it.

Maybe I'll dump my wife too and try asking out that cute blond secretary at work.

Sure, fire Jauron. I said that to my pals after the Bills ran three times into the line before attempting the last field goad against Cleveland.

Who's the sure-fire coach you want to hire? Did Sparano have "sure thing" tattooed on his forehead when the Dolphins hired him? About as much as Romeo Crennel did. Or Denis Erickson. Or Nick Saban.

I think were all pissed off and depressed. I also think a lot of people on this board think running a football team is a lot easier than it really is. But I'm no expert, I'm just a fan. The thought of blowing it all up and starting over again with the Bills, bringing in a whole new coaching staff with new schemes, needing new personnel, just makes me tired. But if that's the call so be it.

Maybe I'll dump my wife too and try asking out that cute blond secretary at work.

When you think about it, Bill Parcells not only outcoached Marv Levy in the Superbowl, he beat him at the GM game too!

Levy hired a head coach who was a losing coach in 4 out of 5 seasons in Chicago. Why? The only reason it seems that Jauron was his guy was because he knew him well from Chicago (where Levy lived and worked), they both went to Yale and he was well respected for his character and sportsmanship. That's it.

Bill Parcells hires a rookie head coach who he knew, from him being a positional coach in Dallas, had the right demeanor to get results. His rookie head coach took a 1-15 Miami team with a Parcells revamped roster and has them better than the Bills. Parcells outdid Levy in one stinking year.

This isn't a coincidence. The Bills just have not had a smart man in charge since Bill Polian. Polian was our Bill Parcells. He was the guy that made this team as successful as it was way back when. So with that said let's get back to the matter at hand, the Bills WILL have a 20-28 total record with Jauron by season's end (just my opinion). This thing will have to be blown up yet again. This team will have to either hope that Brandon is a genius or get lucky with the next hire.

If it were me I'd be looking for a guy that has that born leader quality. I've been touting Raheem Morris because he's had glowing reviews from Monte Kiffin and Rhonde Barber. He's said to be on the same track as Mike Tomlin. He's said to have a dynamic coaching style. I think this team needs to make a major change and let this young buck come in and shake things up like nobodies business. This team needs excitement, unpredictability and also a guy that the players will snap to when he speaks. He's not the only guy, just one that I could see being a big game changer. I'm not afraid of the rookie coach syndrome that some of you are. Miami and Atlanta have given me great hope that the Bills head coach is out there waiting to be chosen.

I don't think that Spagnuolo will choose Buffalo since he's at the top of the coaching hire list which means we have no shot.

When you think about it, Bill Parcells not only outcoached Marv Levy in the Superbowl, he beat him at the GM game too!

Levy hired a head coach who was a losing coach in 4 out of 5 seasons in Chicago. Why? The only reason it seems that Jauron was his guy was because he knew him well from Chicago (where Levy lived and worked), they both went to Yale and he was well respected for his character and sportsmanship. That's it.

Bill Parcells hires a rookie head coach who he knew, from him being a positional coach in Dallas, had the right demeanor to get results. His rookie head coach took a 1-15 Miami team with a Parcells revamped roster and has them better than the Bills. Parcells outdid Levy in one stinking year.

This isn't a coincidence. The Bills just have not had a smart man in charge since Bill Polian. Polian was our Bill Parcells. He was the guy that made this team as successful as it was way back when. So with that said let's get back to the matter at hand, the Bills WILL have a 20-28 total record with Jauron by season's end (just my opinion). This thing will have to be blown up yet again. This team will have to either hope that Brandon is a genius or get lucky with the next hire.

If it were me I'd be looking for a guy that has that born leader quality. I've been touting Raheem Morris because he's had glowing reviews from Monte Kiffin and Rhonde Barber. He's said to be on the same track as Mike Tomlin. He's said to have a dynamic coaching style. I think this team needs to make a major change and let this young buck come in and shake things up like nobodies business. This team needs excitement, unpredictability and also a guy that the players will snap to when he speaks. He's not the only guy, just one that I could see being a big game changer. I'm not afraid of the rookie coach syndrome that some of you are. Miami and Atlanta have given me great hope that the Bills head coach is out there waiting to be chosen.

I don't think that Spagnuolo will choose Buffalo since he's at the top of the coaching hire list which means we have no shot.

I remember at the time Wilson fired Polian thinking that he fired the wrong guy, that if Levy could not win a Super Bowl with all the talent Polian gave him to put on the field, what the Bills needed was a new coach, not a new GM.

But that's water long under the bridge. I am not any big Jauron fan, and the flaws in this team drive me crazy, but I think those on the board who get all wet hoping for a coach who screams at his players and jumps around, thinking that will make a difference, are idiots. It's not Jauron's demeanor that bothers me. I LIKE his dispassionate demeanor. It doesn't mean he doesn't care.

But the great confidence with which you (and others) say "Just hire X" and we'll turn this thing around in a year makes me want to laugh, or cry. Yes, some teams turn around in a year with a new coach. But the vast assurance over this or that "big name" or "sure thing" or"born leader" is complete delusion. Most "savior" coaches fall flat on their faces. It happened when the Dolphins hired Jimmy Johnson, and hired Nick Saban. They were supposed to turn the Dolphins around on a dime, get them in the Super Bowl in a season. People talked about Crennel coming to Cleveland, or Parcells coming to Dallas, or whats-his-name (the current coach, who was such a hot prospect before they hired him) coming to Cincinnati, in exactly the terms you use for this Raheem Morris, whoever he is.

If the bills fire Jauron, I will understand the move, but if you think blowing it all up and starting over from scratch means the Bills will be in the playoffs next year, I'm not saying it can't happen, but I wouldn't bet on it, brother.