How do we fix this mess?

DDD

I meant to add that we need a vet free agent QB. Forgot. Yes, I think if McNabb is willing to come and play for 2-3 years at a reasonable cap hit, I'm for it. I think the biggest problem in developing a QB is that we haven't had a good vet guy the rookie/green QB can learn from here in a long time. I'm also for more making a run at Garcia.

I'm sick and tired of kid gloving QB psyches around here. Win and we'll support you. Lose and we'll sit your ass.

C

Sounds like you and I are on the same page on this one. Hadn't thought of Garcia, but wanted the Bills to sign him last year. If he's a FA I'd be for making a run at him too or hell, trade for that matter. Also on my list are Chad Pennington and Mark Bulger. Donovan or Jeff would be my preference. The last thing we need to do is draft Tim Tebow or some other college guy in the first round.

Bill Cower has been house hunting for months in the Cleveland area :huh:

How the hell do you shop for a house for MONTHS in Cleveland? I mean you're gonna get paid a BOATLOAD of $$$, I don't think he needs to worry about buying a house for the sake of his kids (schools, etc)...so what's the holdup? You know where the big $$ houses are, and you've probably been set-up with a helluva Realtor to help you find the house of your Northeast Ohio dreams. What's the real story?

Sounds like you and I are on the same page on this one. Hadn't thought of Garcia, but wanted the Bills to sign him last year. If he's a FA I'd be for making a run at him too or hell, trade for that matter. Also on my list are Chad Pennington and Mark Bulger. Donovan or Jeff would be my preference. The last thing we need to do is draft Tim Tebow or some other college guy in the first round.

Tebow would be interesting...not sure if he could handle the cold, but Kelly did and Tebow could always use his legs if needed. I'm usually not in favor of a moving QB, but at this point I'll take ANYTHING for a spark.

As Herm Edwards says "you play to win the game"Novel concept eh?Ralph needs to show William Cowher the cash.

I totally agree with the concept of spending whatever it takes to bring in Cowher. If that doesn't work then bring back Marv as an assistant head coach with Jauron. But you would have to give Marv the lead position. We need a better defensive coordinator than what we have. All his defenses have shown a decline in the stats department over the past few years. Apparently the 3-4 defense is the way to go in this league so the team needs to make the switch as soon as possible. If we can bulk up on the defensive ends and the linebackers and upgrade the center position, next years team can and will make the playoffs. I just hope it is not another dull season with Jauron.

I totally agree with the concept of spending whatever it takes to bring in Cowher. If that doesn't work then bring back Marv as an assistant head coach with Jauron. But you would have to give Marv the lead position. We need a better defensive coordinator than what we have. All his defenses have shown a decline in the stats department over the past few years. Apparently the 3-4 defense is the way to go in this league so the team needs to make the switch as soon as possible. If we can bulk up on the defensive ends and the linebackers and upgrade the center position, next years team can and will make the playoffs. I just hope it is not another dull season with Jauron.

With the exception of the Arizona game, our defense has given us a chance to win in EVERY TIME.

With the exception of the Arizona game, our defense has given us a chance to win in EVERY TIME.

Currently our defense is ranked number 12 overall on NFL.com

Our defense is fine. Good enough for us to be 9-3. It's our offense that sux really really really bad. Fix that and we're good to go.

Bulger would be intriguing. I don't know about Tebow, if we're high enough to pick Tebow, I'd seriously consider it. We fiddle farted about that with Cutler on the board. He would have been the perfect post Kelly Buffalo QB. Other than that, I'd go for the best pass rusher or interior OL on the board.

We also need a money TE. Fine might be that guy. Maybe with enough reps Schouman is that guy, It;s hard to tell with this team right now. Their confidence is shot. And it's not clear to me that the best 11 guys on each side of the ball are on the field.

I'd take a swing at Kellen Winslow Jr. if he comes cheap.

C

We need rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh---kickers AND Methodists.

:huh:

:P "The Sheriff is a N(BONG!)"

"What did he say?"

"He said the Sheriff is near!"