Matt Cassel

Corp000085

the system is made by the talent. No one seems to even run an offense that resembles NE's. It's basically a West Coast approach, but spread. The primary reason they can get away with it is because of Randy Moss forcing defenses to constantly guard heavily against the deep ball, giving Welker, the best slot receiver in the league, all kinds of space to basically operate as the running game. NE also has impeccable play calling.

put Cassel on a team without Moss and Welker and the system has to be different.

so what team do you guys see going after Cassel...he wont be in NE next year if he wants to get paid...as was said, NE wont franchise Cassel because that would cost them $14mil for 1 year...

heres some teams I could see going after him: Jets, Vikings, Lions, SF, Eagles, Bucs

You all can whine and whine they Cassel and TFB are "System" QB's but that doesn't take away the results, or even cheapen them, the results being BOTH are better than any QB you've had since Kelly and Brady is infinitely better than Kelly was anyway lol. So just trying to detract from it just shows your pathetic jealousy lol. And c'mon you Bills fans should know more than anyone that Brady isn't a system QB by now I mean c'mon just c'mon if it is a system then you guys have been hiring some pretty stupid coaches considering we just beat your for the 10th time in a row and Brady only ever lost to you once and that was after our Defensive captain handed you the play book after being cut 3 days earlier lol

The Cassell kid obviously is talented. He's been kept on Patriots SB caliber teams the past 4 years for a reason. And, judging by how well he's been playing, he's been exceptionally well schooled during that time. This should be no surprise being on the Patriots team. Unless he forgets all he has been taught there is no reason to believe he can't keep playing this way wherever he ends up.

The part that sucks the most is the Patriots are gonna tag the guy and then trade him to the highest bidder, reaping huge draft dividends in the process. Cleveland turned down a 1st and 3rd last year for Andersen and Cassell is a far better QB, and was groomed within a winning organization, so I can only imagine what the Patriots might get for the kid.

Now there's two examples of outstanding QB play in NE. Is it the system or the QB? Part of me really wishes it is the system, cause obviously cassel is a scrub, it would tarnish brady's legacy, and it would give credence as to why bledsoe was traded within the division... He just couldn't work in the system.

I think it's the system. Now, how come it's taken 8 years and nobody really knows how to defend it yet?

System QB or no, he has made himself a VERY rich man this year. I would say he should get on his knees and thank Brady for getting hurt, but I'm sure he and Brady spend a lot of time on their knees already.

System QB or no, he has made himself a VERY rich man this year. I would say he should get on his knees and thank Brady for getting hurt, but I'm sure he and Brady spend a lot of time on their knees already.

should pay Bernard Pollard's fine <_<

Folks, this is a surreal thread. It hurts me even more considering my permanent, deep-seeded, wretched loathing for the Patriots. Yet, facts are facts.

On the one hand, we have Tom Brady, a 3 time SuperBowl Champion QB, 2 time SuperBowl MVP, 4 time pro-bowler, and the only QB in recent history to even come close to leading his team to a perfect, undefeated season. He's a guy who arguably could've retired at age 30 and still easily been a first-ballot Hall of Famer. He's possibly the greatest football player of our generation.

On the other hand, we have Matt Cassel - a backup that's played pretty well for a few games.

This is a debate? Seriously? Only if you're Matt Cassel's agent.

I'd venture to say that even Solomon Wilcotts and Emmitt Smith would giggle at the suggestion that it's a "system" that turns any old QB into Tom Brady.

Matt and I fight like teenage girls

Tom Brady Press Conference - 10/08/2006

Q: Hey, Tom, I have to ask you about Matt Cassel, your sidekick.

TB: Yes.

Q: Because what went on this week between the two of you guys? What happened?

TB: Yes. Matt and I fight like teenage girls.

Q: You do?

TB: Yes, we do.

Q: What happened?

TB: We are always slapping each other around and wrestling and slap boxing and [messing] around with each other in the weight room. And so I decided to take that to the next level. And we were messing around in the quarterback room one day and he walked in with a milkshake, and I kind of put my foot by the door, and I kicked the door and the milkshake splashed up and went all over him. So he sat down, and I was laughing. So I said give me the towel, because I wanted to clean up the wall. So I threw the towel at his face, and it had shake all over it. He had a little shake in his mouth and he spit it all over me.

lmao cassel the next rob johnson

Alright, you're entitled to your own opinion, but I feel that Cassel will be a bust with any team he signs with. He won't have the system, he won't have the weapons, he won't have the same coaches and he won't have the same O-Line. Therefore he won't play as well as he has with the Patriots with someone else.

Let's use Detroit as an example. If Cassel signs with Detroit he will have a horrible year next year. Other than Calvin Johnson, they have absolutely no talent. Explain to me how he won't bomb.