Our linebackers suck.

Maybe it's been talked about, I don't know. We may have the worst trio of LBs in the league right now.

We all know how bad Ellison is, so it's not worth talking about. It's been about a full year worth of games now, I'm still waiting for Poz to make a meaningful play. Mitchell is without a doubt the worst linebacker I've ever seen when it comes to tackling a player in space. About 5 or 6 times he whiffed on tackles today where he could have really made a difference. One would have saved a TD, one would have caused a safety, 2 or 3 others would have at least prevented first downs.

It's a problem. Get a stud linebacker in the '09 draft...and please, don't wait 3 rounds to try to find him.

I would say draft one in a later round, and bring in one FA. We also need a center a DT a DE I could even see them picking 2 of some position like they did last year and more FA players who they think are underrated.

I just hope they realize that what they did with Crowell was a mistake, even if what he did was wrong. Maybe they could patch up the relationship and resign him. They absolutely need to make some signings of some of the players we have now.

Mitchell is a fantastic blitzing linebacker, but he doesn't do much else too well.

In the offseason, the Bills need to find a way to grab a fantastic LB who can replace Ellison (preferably Karlos Dansby). That'll cover up a lot of the deficiencies Mitchell and Poz have. I can absolutely live with those two guys in the three-man starting corps, but Ellison really has to go. He literally offers nothing.

The thing is there are quite a few positions you don't wanna wait 3 rounds to upgrade on this team. LB, DE, C, DT, TE, RG....even FS. We need 3 quality free agent signings at these positions so we don't have to depend on the draft too heavily.

The thing is there are quite a few positions you don't wanna wait 3 rounds to upgrade on this team. LB, DE, C, DT, TE, RG....even FS. We need 3 quality free agent signings at these positions so we don't have to depend on the draft too heavily.

I would love to draft another DE, I think I'd sleep better at night knowing they solve that problem

as for linebacker, do you really think they are going to draft another after getting Angelo Crowell off IR??? Yea Big Paul hasn't made any amazing plays, but he is leading the team in tackles, most of the time he is fundamentally sound, not bad from a guy that coming in was told he was too slow and too small to be in the nfl. Mitchell got caught being out of position pretty frequently today, but I don't think every game has been like that, and lately he's been the remedy to the virtually no pass rush.

I think our TE's are functional, even though royal drops the most important passes, his counterparts don't seem to be playing too bad.

the others I can't really say anything about because they aren't positions I know too well.

Maybe it's been talked about, I don't know. We may have the worst trio of LBs in the league right now.

We all know how bad Ellison is, so it's not worth talking about. It's been about a full year worth of games now, I'm still waiting for Poz to make a meaningful play. Mitchell is without a doubt the worst linebacker I've ever seen when it comes to tackling a player in space. About 5 or 6 times he whiffed on tackles today where he could have really made a difference. One would have saved a TD, one would have caused a safety, 2 or 3 others would have at least prevented first downs.

It's a problem. Get a stud linebacker in the '09 draft...and please, don't wait 3 rounds to try to find him.

i agree. maybe poz will turn into a good player, but right now the primary source of all the man-love seems to be that he is a white guy from penn st. mitchell is a retread and a little too soft for my tastes, and aellison is ellison. we're not very good at this position.

Hey folks - I am glad some one has finally desided to address this. Our LB's are weak. Here is why:

1.) POZ just finished his rookie season. He absolutely looks like he has hit the rookie wall. No offense to his talents, he will be a 10 year stud. He is growing as a player.

2.) Kavika is a bit over rated. he is great at blitzing, but he is not bringing much play making ability. I am holding out on completely throwing Kavika under the bus because our D Line has struggled as well. We all know, a D Line plays well, the LB's play well.

3.) Keith Ellison is to small.

2009. I agree Dansbury is a the top of the list. There are other LB's as well.

My 2009 wish list:

1.) DE - Julius Peppers

2.) LB Karlos Dansbury

3.) OG's Chris Gray or Seth McKinney. Either one. Both bring years of experience and toughness.

4.) TJ Who's-Your-Daddy

Ellison is great in coverage, but a piss-poor tackler. Mitchell is a good blitzer and (usually) a good tackler, but a liability in coverage. Poz should become a good all around middle linebacker and he's a tackling machine, but it feels like he's playing slow right now. I don't know how the OP comes up with "worst linebacker corps in the NFL right now", but it's certainly not a big strength at the moment. I agree with those who say we should bring in Dansby.

i agree. maybe poz will turn into a good player, but right now the primary source of all the man-love seems to be that he is a white guy from penn st. mitchell is a retread and a little too soft for my tastes, and aellison is ellison. we're not very good at this position.

mitchell is anything but soft give me a break!

Hey folks - I am glad some one has finally desided to address this. Our LB's are weak. Here is why:

1.) POZ just finished his rookie season. He absolutely looks like he has hit the rookie wall. No offense to his talents, he will be a 10 year stud. He is growing as a player.

2.) Kavika is a bit over rated. he is great at blitzing, but he is not bringing much play making ability. I am holding out on completely throwing Kavika under the bus because our D Line has struggled as well. We all know, a D Line plays well, the LB's play well.

3.) Keith Ellison is to small.

2009. I agree Dansbury is a the top of the list. There are other LB's as well.

My 2009 wish list:

1.) DE - Julius Peppers

2.) LB Karlos Dansbury

3.) OG's Chris Gray or Seth McKinney. Either one. Both bring years of experience and toughness.

4.) TJ Who's-Your-Daddy

are you kidding me if you think they are going guard or WR in free agency you need to have your head examined!

our priorities are in any order ,center,TE and pass rushing linebacker. all this mitchell sucks baloney is ridiculous!

Mitchell is a fantastic blitzing linebacker, but he doesn't do much else too well.

if he was a fantastic blitzing LB he would have had 2 sacks yesterday, with one of those resulting in a safety.......he ran through the gaps and got to the QB - any LB can do that.........part of the job description is to wrap up the QB when you get there and bring him down

got to make the play when the DC puts you in position to make one

and his pass coverage skills have been poor all year and were on display yesterday

ouch.

let's hope for a new cba and that it will be too costly for the panthes to do that!

a couple other guys would be really good for us, but the bottom line is peppers with stroud, williams, and aaron would get us 45+ sacks and 25+ turnovers.