Chinese Democracy

Reed83HOF

My gf left in the thrid qtr of today's game to run a few errands before dinner at my parents - she came back with the new GNR album. I am curious to see who else either has it or listened to it on MySpace...

I am not sure what to say...at first I was wating for something like the old GNR, I saw that an orchestra was used on many tracks - I expected November Rain...

This is just different...The music is wow...all over the place...It isn't GNR as we knew it...it is refreshing, updated, the guitar playing is not Slash-type rock-n-roll...I hear Joe Satriani type playing...It's a great album, just not the GNR we know...

The new Metallica album, I knew what to expect and wasn't disappointed. This GNR album, I didn't know what to expect - not this...it is different

My gf left in the thrid qtr of today's game to run a few errands before dinner at my parents - she came back with the new GNR album. I am curious to see who else either has it or listened to it on MySpace...

I am not sure what to say...at first I was wating for something like the old GNR, I saw that an orchestra was used on many tracks - I expected November Rain...

This is just different...The music is wow...all over the place...It isn't GNR as we knew it...it is refreshing, updated, the guitar playing is not Slash-type rock-n-roll...I hear Joe Satriani type playing...It's a great album, just not the GNR we know...

The new Metallica album, I knew what to expect and wasn't disappointed. This GNR album, I didn't know what to expect - not this...it is different

I got it in the mail on Saturday. I wanted it to be "Appetite 2". It definitely isn't that. In fact, I don't think there is a single song on it that would have made the cut for Appetite. That being said, I am listening to it right now for my 2nd listen at work. It is growing on me and I hope that I like it more than I did the 1st time. My wife thinks it sucks. I wanted alot more screaming and anger, but instead got alot of love/broken heart songs. I also think I made the mistake of reading the lyrics while I listened the first time. I find when I do that, I focus too much on knowing what is being said rather than just listening to the song. I still dig Axl's voice- I just wish there was more of an edge to the album and lyrics.... Maybe after the 3rd time?

I got it in the mail on Saturday. I wanted it to be "Appetite 2". It definitely isn't that. In fact, I don't think there is a single song on it that would have made the cut for Appetite. That being said, I am listening to it right now for my 2nd listen at work. It is growing on me and I hope that I like it more than I did the 1st time. My wife thinks it sucks. I wanted alot more screaming and anger, but instead got alot of love/broken heart songs. I also think I made the mistake of reading the lyrics while I listened the first time. I find when I do that, I focus too much on knowing what is being said rather than just listening to the song. I still dig Axl's voice- I just wish there was more of an edge to the album and lyrics.... Maybe after the 3rd time?

In my opinion, this is the real reason that band broke up. Axl is the one that wants the orchestra and piano and all this soft broken heart songs. Slash and Co. wanted old school rock. Just look at what Velvet Revolver put out-that was Appetite 2

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, it has been a while since I posted this. I must admit that the album has grown on me and I like most of it. IRS has an edge to it that is reminiscent to the old guns. Most of the other tunes are good, too. I guess I went into it expecting one thing, didn't get it and was intially turned off by it. I dig it now. It's kind of like the Bills season... I went in expecting to kick a$$, we did, then we took a massive nosedive, now I am miserable.... wait, it's nothing like that. Dammit! Go Bills!!!! (and give Axl a listen if you haven't) cheers.....

Alright, it has been a while since I posted this. I must admit that the album has grown on me and I like most of it. IRS has an edge to it that is reminiscent to the old guns. Most of the other tunes are good, too. I guess I went into it expecting one thing, didn't get it and was intially turned off by it. I dig it now. It's kind of like the Bills season... I went in expecting to kick a$$, we did, then we took a massive nosedive, now I am miserable.... wait, it's nothing like that. Dammit! Go Bills!!!! (and give Axl a listen if you haven't) cheers.....

I totally agree. Got it last week and have listened a lot. I was hesitant to listen at all because I am a huge GnR fan and I didn't want them to F it up. Completely different than what I'm used to, but I really like the album overall. I've listened to "This I Love" pretty much on a loop. I was really expecting to be dissapointed with this, so it's a great surprise.

This album really grows on you the more you listen to it. :lol:

It definately does...I really like it, a lot, the more I listen to it....Listening to it on my IPOD with heads phones, I hear much more intracacies in the music...more than when I am playing on my very expensive home system....