Running up the score

busterramsey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Throwing the ball up by 30 in the 4th quarter?? Pretty bush..

Its exactly what this team needs to do. We have the prevent and the grind down pat. Just look at the games from the last 10 years. Its the attitude that, we never have enough, is exactly what we need on offense,defense from the coachs down to the waterboy. I have yet to see a team lose from running up the score. I seem to remember a pretty successful team that scored quick and often.

"Pretty bush" is that a reference to Reggie Bush

I remember last year when the Eagles Westbrook acutually stopped on the 1 yard line rather than score. That was classy.. Jaron not only can't coach but he has no integrity.

Epic failure of analogy as Westbrook was trying to win the game, not "not run up the score".

Anyway I might be in the minority having not bitched about NE doing it last year, so whatever...they're pros not high school kids.

I think it was in response to the Pollard late hit and sh-- talking.

If not Gonzalez being a tool and Tamba Hali's guarantee of a win. If the Chefs wanted the Bills to take it easy on them, they should have knelt down themselves instead of vainly trying to score.

I'm posting this exact same message in another thread:

If we had won two of the last four games, sitting now at 8-3, I'd agree that the starters should have been rested. Instead, we're 6-5 and every game matters from here on out. The starters need all the practice/confidence they can get.

I'm posting this exact same message in another thread:

If we had won two of the last four games, sitting now at 8-3, I'd agree that the starters should have been rested. Instead, we're 6-5 and every game matters from here on out. The starters need all the practice/confidence they can get.

It's not about the starters but its about running up the score.. I read on WGR that The D coordinator of KC called Shonert an "ASS" for throwing the ball , up by 30 in the 4th quarert.. Jaron was clueless in his remarks. Pros's don't do that

Epic failure of analogy as Westbrook was trying to win the game, not "not run up the score".

Anyway I might be in the minority having not bitched about NE doing it last year, so whatever...they're pros not high school kids.

I'm in that minority too. I was on the wrong side of a couple blowouts as a player and I hated it when teams took it easy. Its like they're saying theres no way you can stop them if they actually try to score so they're just gonna make an effort not to. To me thats more insulting than running it up. It all depends on your mentality I guess. Also, you're correct on the westbrook thing. He took a knee so that dallas wouldn't get the ball back which they would've if he scored a td. It had nothing to do with running up the score or not.

It's not about the starters but its about running up the score.. I read on WGR that The D coordinator of KC called Shonert an "ASS" for throwing the ball , up by 30 in the 4th quarert.. Jaron was clueless in his remarks. Pros's don't do that

Well, that's just his opinion, man.

and I could hear the whining if it was the other way around..

Well if they put 9 guys in the box the whole time and we get 2 yards on three plays and then punt for the whole fourth quarter that wouldn't accomplish a whole hell of a lot would it?

To hell with that crap.. You all know, that at some point in that game, after the game had been pretty much decided that you all thought to yourselves, "Well, how are these guys going to blow this game and rip my heart out of my chest THIS time?" (When we were up by 23 with about 8 mins left in the 3rd, I had to explain to my father that they needed to keep their "foot on the gas", cuz this team could EASILY give up 24 the rest of the way.)

It's not the offense's job to keep the score down.. that's the job of the OTHER team's defense. Is it a tad classless? Sure, if you're the Pats* (or any other dominate team, in any number of other sports.) But, we're the Bills.. and if throwing the ball in the fourth quarter to move the chains, is what it takes.. You do it. Plain and simple.

Nothing comes easily in this league, and if it takes fracturing the Cheifs delicate egos a little to help the Bills gain some confidence. So be it.

BTW, I was yelling at the TV too for Schonert to call more runs, too. But, only to shorten the game, not to protect the psyche' of Kansas City.