If the Bills get Michael Vick, imagine

Like A Mofo

Vick and the Wildcat: He can run for 100 in his sleep, so can Marshawn..who then needs receivers or a TE since it is painfully obvious the Buffalo Bills front office will NEVER fully address that issue anyway?

Sign me up for the Vick bandwagon

Vick's career stats so far:

75.7% passer rating.

52 yards/game rushing.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VickMi00.htm

Not a bandwagon I would jump on, no matter how things look now.

Oh yeah....and then there's that bothersome "convicted felon" issue.....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:ph34r:

I forgot Vick only lead his team consistently to the playoffs. What a loser. It's a great thing that the Bills don't invest in those type of players. Or, you know, they'd make the playoffs or something.

"consistently"

Of Vicks 6 years they were only in the playoffs twice. Not to mention he's never started all 16 games in any of those 6 years. Maybe it's his sub 55% completion pct that excites you. Or his 75.7 qb rating. His 1 season with over 2500 yards passing. Or maybe his being sacked once every 9 pass attempts. His 52 career ints or his 55 fumbles. The guy was/maybe is still a tremendous athlete. A Winner no, a quarterback. Certainly not.

The Bills could be doing a lot of different things in a wildcat esque offense. How about using roscoe parrish in shotgun. Put parrish and lynch/jackson in the backfield have some option runs, evans out wide on a end around or reverse. Parrish on a keeper, or a run option to Jackson/Lynch. They could be using Parrish kind of like how the Gators use Percy Harvin. Parrish does have qb experience, so it's not in the realm of insanity. It would add an aspect other then Jackson in shotgun. Jackson runs behind lg for 3 yards. If you want to use an athletic guy who probably can't play nfl qb. No need to go out and sign Vick. When we can use the speed of the guys currently on the team. Considering we're having trouble getting the ball into the hands of evans/parrish.

"consistently"

Of Vicks 6 years they were only in the playoffs twice. Not to mention he's never started all 16 games in any of those 6 years. Maybe it's his sub 55% completion pct that excites you. Or his 75.7 qb rating. His 1 season with over 2500 yards passing. Or maybe his being sacked once every 9 pass attempts. His 52 career ints or his 55 fumbles. The guy was/maybe is still a tremendous athlete. A Winner no, a quarterback. Certainly not.

The Bills could be doing a lot of different things in a wildcat esque offense. How about using roscoe parrish in shotgun. Put parrish and lynch/jackson in the backfield have some option runs, evans out wide on a end around or reverse. Parrish on a keeper, or a run option to Jackson/Lynch. They could be using Parrish kind of like how the Gators use Percy Harvin. Parrish does have qb experience, so it's not in the realm of insanity. It would add an aspect other then Jackson in shotgun. Jackson runs behind lg for 3 yards. If you want to use an athletic guy who probably can't play nfl qb. No need to go out and sign Vick. When we can use the speed of the guys currently on the team. Considering we're having trouble getting the ball into the hands of evans/parrish.

Six years. Twice went to the playoffs. Sorry I tossed around the term consistent. Maybe this stat excited you: Nine Years. Zero playoff appearances?

Six years. Twice went to the playoffs. Sorry I tossed around the term consistent. Maybe this stat excited you: Nine Years. Zero playoff appearances?

Of course it doesn't I'm not enamored with this team. It's difficult to watch. I believe the problems are different then the "it's all on the qb crowd". However Mike Vick wouldn't make this team any better. Vick vs Belichick? Are you kidding me? There is no 1 quick fix solution. A guy who's been in jail, and can't play quarterback. Is no kind of solution.

Of course it doesn't I'm not enamored with this team. It's difficult to watch. I believe the problems are different then the "it's all on the qb crowd". However Mike Vick wouldn't make this team any better. Vick vs Belichick? Are you kidding me? There is no 1 quick fix solution. A guy who's been in jail, and can't play quarterback. Is no kind of solution.

I'm equally upset with the team. Which is why I am disagreeing with you. It doesn't seem to be a QB problem at all, it seems more like a constant lack of motivation and togetherness that other teams possess when the play us. I didn't start this thread, nor am I the biggest advocate of Vick in this preposterous hypothesis. I just am standing by my original statement, if we got him, I would not be upset. At all.

I'm equally upset with the team. Which is why I am disagreeing with you. It doesn't seem to be a QB problem at all, it seems more like a constant lack of motivation and togetherness that other teams possess when the play us. I didn't start this thread, nor am I the biggest advocate of Vick in this preposterous hypothesis. I just am standing by my original statement, if we got him, I would not be upset. At all.

I don't think he's quite the guy you make him out to be. I also think there's just guys currently on this team who can do the basic kind of option runs that a Vick would give you. I really do believe if used in that manner. Parrish could excell in that role. He's not much of a receiver. It can't be argued though that he is a threat with the ball in his hands. Lord knows we as fans, have been complaining about the lack of creativity used in getting the ball into Parrish's hands. Vick is intriguing. Cause it's a matchup situation. Maybe that's what you're advocating. If you wanted the guy to be the unquestioned starter. Well live by the gimmick...die by the gimmick.

Vick and the Wildcat: He can run for 100 in his sleep, so can Marshawn..who then needs receivers or a TE since it is painfully obvious the Buffalo Bills front office will NEVER fully address that issue anyway?

LOL!

People here blame TE because he's gun shy and doesn't look for receivers. Vick is 100% worse!!! He's a run first "QB".

LOL!

People here blame TE because he's gun shy and doesn't look for receivers. Vick is 100% worse!!! He's a run first "QB".

Seeing as how Vick's WRs led he league in drops two years in a row, no wonder he took off running!

Another F@!king Vick thread. Give me a break already! There's no way in hell Vick comes to Buffalo. I even doubt Roger Goodell will reinstate him when his jail time is up. Vick has all the physical tools, but is a piece of sh@t just like Travis Henry.

I'd love to face a team with Vick that would run this "wildcat" 20+ times during a game. I would be able to pencil in my entire defensive game plan on the back of a Burger King cheeseburger wrapper, in 5 minutes tops...

I am confused as to why everyone believes Vick is a "proven winner"

2006: Vick starts all 16 games - Falcons finsih 7-9

2005: Vick starts 15 games - Falcons finsih 8-7 in Vicks starts

2004: Vick starts 15 games - Falcons finsih 11-4 in Vicks starts 1-1 in the PLayoffs

2003: Vick starts 4 games - Falcons finsih 3-1 in Vicks starts

2002: Vick starts 15 games - Falcons finsih 8-6-1 in Vicks starts - 1-1 in the playoffs.

2001: Vick starts 2 games - Falcons finsih 1-1 in Vicks Rookie Starts

Total Record: 40-30-1 for a .571 winning percentage.

Vick lead teams have made the playoffs twice in 5 seasons, not counting his rookie year. That being said, I wouldn't mind a playmaker being on our roster, I just dont want him to be our starting QB.

"However Mike Vick wouldn't make this team any better. Vick vs Belichick? Are you kidding me?"

Vick's dual-threat ability caused quite a bit of defensive havoc. Vick has scored 92 rushing and passing touchdowns in 74 games played - 67 starting. Obviously other QBs have been better, but Vick's scoring numbers are certainly respectable when considering Vick's non-traditional style and that his Falcon teams featured players like Alge Crumpler and Warrick Dunn as their most potent offensive weapons other than Vick.

Vick's 7.3 career yards-per-carry average is #1 in NFL history. In the last season he played he rushed for over 1000 yards - unheard of for an NFL quarterback - and averaged 8.4 ypc.

Vick won games. Atlanta was 38-28-1 from '01-'06 and 2-2 in the postseason with Vick starting. During the same time period the Falcons were 9-20 without Vick.

Would Vick thrive in Buffalo? He is injury-prone, but he would add an element on offense that is extremely hard to defend and that has worked in the past.

"However Mike Vick wouldn't make this team any better. Vick vs Belichick? Are you kidding me?"

Vick's dual-threat ability caused quite a bit of defensive havoc. Vick has scored 92 rushing and passing touchdowns in 74 games played - 67 starting. Obviously other QBs have been better, but Vick's scoring numbers are certainly respectable when considering Vick's non-traditional style and that his Falcon teams featured players like Alge Crumpler and Warrick Dunn as their most potent offensive weapons other than Vick.

Vick's 7.3 career yards-per-carry average is #1 in NFL history. In the last season he played he rushed for over 1000 yards - unheard of for an NFL quarterback - and averaged 8.4 ypc.

Vick won games. Atlanta was 38-28-1 from '01-'06 and 2-2 in the postseason with Vick starting. During the same time period the Falcons were 9-20 without Vick.

Would Vick thrive in Buffalo? He is injury-prone, but he would add an element on offense that is extremely hard to defend and that has worked in the past.

Vick can run the ball great. So can those people called runningbacks. Show me the last pure running quarterback to win a superbowl.The bills dont exactly have a tight end, and vick has shown a penchant for not being the most accurate of passers. Yeah his arm is plenty strong. Doesn't mean much, when you can't hit the broadside of a barn yard door. The guy hamstrung his wr's. His td's are respectable. He's also just as prone to turnover's. Certinally can't discredit his physical ability. I just think he's at a disadvantage vs the 3-4 teams in this division. He's struggled vs teams who play containment well, who have the ability to cut off the edges. . He'd certinally have better rb's with Lynch/Jackson assuming Jackson is re-signed. I'd rather see this team develop a quarterback. I dunno if Edwards is that guy. I'll go out on a limb and say Vick isn't. Vick isn't the type to adapt his game like a Donovan Mcnabb, or McNair. He's a glorified rb. That isn't worth a few extra wins, while never really having a shot.

on a sidenote: The guy in your avatar imho is the best qb to ever play the game. Well at least that I've seen in my young age of watching the sport.

amazing how vicks wr's got better when vick wasnt around :worthy:

... or it could be the fact that they were rookie first rounders when Vick was QB and now they have matured into 3rd year players? Nah, that can't be it! :ph34r:

... or it could be the fact that they were rookie first rounders when Vick was QB and now they have matured into 3rd year players? Nah, that can't be it! :ph34r:

Arthur Blank did nothing but bring in wr's to try to surround vick with talent. The falcons passing game never got off the ground. That is just not Vicks game. He's a run option quarterback, who throw's are secondary to making plays on the ground. It wasn't for lack of trying by the Falcons staff either. He'll never be a guy who's respected as a passer.