Props to FSU SS Myron Rolle

Ramius

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/sports/n...amp;oref=slogin

With all the crap and bad news you hear in college football and at FSU, its about time we recognize a good one. FSU SS Myron Rolle is not only a potential 1st round pick, but also a finalist to be a Rhodes Scholar. He's missing this weekend's game against Maryland to go to the interview/selection. In a world of dumbass athletes with 10 cent heads, its nice to see there are some real good ones out there, and they deserve to be more in the spotlight than the likes of the "ocho stinko" and pac man.

Tim Logan, the prof mentioned in the article, is my PhD advisor down here. Good guy. I was actually supposed to do some work with Myron this past summer, but his project didn't get to that point.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/sports/n...amp;oref=slogin

With all the crap and bad news you hear in college football and at FSU, its about time we recognize a good one. FSU SS Myron Rolle is not only a potential 1st round pick, but also a finalist to be a Rhodes Scholar. He's missing this weekend's game against Maryland to go to the interview/selection. In a world of dumbass athletes with 10 cent heads, its nice to see there are some real good ones out there, and they deserve to be more in the spotlight than the likes of the "ocho stinko" and pac man.

Tim Logan, the prof mentioned in the article, is my PhD advisor down here. Good guy. I was actually supposed to do some work with Myron this past summer, but his project didn't get to that point.

They did a piece on this last week on gameday, good for Myron..... ;)

Not only is Myron Rolle now a Rhodes Scholar, but FSU managed to whoop up on Maryland. Doubly good for him that night!

He got into the game just before half. <_< Now, we need to hope that MAryland has enough in the tank to beat BC, putting FSU in the ACC title game. Because, in all honesty, no one wants to see cover-your-eyes awful BC play for the title.

He got into the game just before half. <_< Now, we need to hope that MAryland has enough in the tank to beat BC, putting FSU in the ACC title game. Because, in all honesty, no one wants to see cover-your-eyes awful BC play for the title.

Umm, I do? And they beat FSU pretty good. Also, having Crane out doesn't really affect BC's chances too much- they are a straight defense and run team. If the OLine can outmuscle Maryland's DLine, BC will be fine. If not, BC's going to need their D to put points on the board.

Umm, I do? And they beat FSU pretty good. Also, having Crane out doesn't really affect BC's chances too much- they are a straight defense and run team. If the OLine can outmuscle Maryland's DLine, BC will be fine. If not, BC's going to need their D to put points on the board.

I dont know if i'd call it "beat FSU pretty good." You guys won in the trenches, but we handed you the game on a platter with 3 INTs in the red zone.

You sure? Chris Crane is downright awful. I'm talking Chris Rix type of awful.

I used to wonder about how Rix could look so good some games and some plays and so gawd-awful on others, but now that the bigger picture comes into focus WRT our offensive "coaching" pre-Jimbo, I am starting to wonder if Rix even had a fair shot. He had all the tools - arm, wheels, not an idiot - but like a lot of other recent FSU QB's, regressed horribly after his rookie season. To me that screams "bad coaching."

And for as inconsistent as Rix was, he did give us

! :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.