can't really believe it but ...

dave mcbride

"The Niners are a bad team without a good QB. They simply aren't going to win in Buffalo in cold weather."

The Niners might be a bad team, but they're better than Detroit, STL, KC, Oakland, Houston and Cincy, at least. There is talent on defense with 2007 Defensive Rookie of the Year LB Patrick Willis....and the return of CB Nate Clements vs. turnover-prone QB Trent Edwards is an interesting storyline. The 49ers' QB, Shaun Hill, has a 92 passer rating in three games played. Hill shouldn't be bothered by cold weather - he played at the U. of Maryland and grew up in Kansas.

The only reason we're going to beat you guys is because you're traveling to the East coast and it's not the other way around. I think that the 49ers would be favored if we were traveling to CA to play. The talent on both teams isn't much different and neither is the level that both teams are playing right now.

"The Niners are a bad team without a good QB. They simply aren't going to win in Buffalo in cold weather."

The Niners might be a bad team, but they're better than Detroit, STL, KC, Oakland, Houston and Cincy, at least. There is talent on defense with 2007 Defensive Rookie of the Year LB Patrick Willis....and the return of CB Nate Clements vs. turnover-prone QB Trent Edwards is an interesting storyline. The 49ers' QB, Shaun Hill, has a 92 passer rating in three games played. Hill shouldn't be bothered by cold weather - he played at the U. of Maryland and grew up in Kansas.

We cant even win in Buffalo in cold weather- who woulda of thunk it?

The 49ers' QB, Shaun Hill, has a 92 passer rating in three games played. Hill shouldn't be bothered by cold weather - he played at the U. of Maryland and grew up in Kansas.

Having grown up in Erie PA and knowing all 'bout lake effect winters and also having lived in Maryland for the past 13 years, I can tell you that the two climates are not alike. Maryland has mild winter seasons and they panic as if they've been hit w/ 8 feet of snow when they get half an inch. I was up in Erie last weekend and they got hit w/ up to 13" of snow starting Sunday evening. If that happened in Maryland, the state would be closed for a week.

Sadly, Dave is probably right - the division will be there for the taking after week 13. Why do I say this? Because the Bills find the absolute worst ways to rip out their fan's hearts. So they'll turn this thing around in the next 3 weeks and start to give us all hope...only to collapse at the very end of the season and miss the playoffs once again.

Right on...