What the Bills are saying privately

zow2

I'm sorry, but this public lip service (especially by the D) that "we lose as a team" is absurd. You know guys like TKO, Williams, Fletcher, Clements, etc...are frothing at the mouth privately. They are probably fuming that they have the lamest QB in the league and nothing he does inspires the offense to score points. Drew has not made an extraordinary play in over 2 1/2 years!!! my god, that awful!!. Even the O-linemen were quoted after the Miami game as wondering where that Drew came from? (the one who actually stepped up in the pocket and made a completion). The Bills will be a divided team very soon and I don't wish injury on anyone, however, if one of our linemen did happen to leave the door open for a Cardinals player to flatten Drew, i wouldn't be too upset. Just a nice high ankle sprain or something. Sorry, that's how I feel. Unlike some people, I do believe that Shane Matthews could dink and dunk his way down the field better than Mr. canon arm.

What they're really saying:

'Yo Eric, check out the revolving hubcabs on the Escalade. P-W's auto shop is off the hook.'

'Hey Schoeb, we still on for hunting in Texas over Thanksgiving?'

'Yeah man, those are real gold stripes sewn into the sweat suit - Mr.Wilson hooked me up with a ridiculous roster bonus.'

'You eating the last 34 wings?' 'Go ahead Big Mike, take them out'.

'Never mind my trouble in the red zone, Maura. How's the kids?'

'Hello Coach?'

'Yeah Tom'

'I'm going to the Canadian Ballet. Wanna come?'

I'm sorry, but this public lip service (especially by the D) that "we lose as a team" is absurd.  You know guys like TKO, Williams, Fletcher, Clements, etc...are frothing at the mouth privately.  They are probably fuming that they have the lamest QB in the league and nothing he does inspires the offense to score points.  Drew has not made an extraordinary play in over 2 1/2 years!!! my god, that awful!!.  Even the O-linemen were quoted after the Miami game as wondering where that Drew came from? (the one who actually stepped up in the pocket and made a completion).  The Bills will be a divided team very soon and I don't wish injury on anyone, however, if one of our linemen did happen to leave the door open for a Cardinals player to flatten Drew, i wouldn't be too upset. Just a nice high ankle sprain or something.  Sorry, that's how I feel.  Unlike some people, I do believe that Shane Matthews could dink and dunk his way down the field better than Mr. canon arm.

86125[/snapback]

You know privately that some of the defensive players are seeing $$ disappear. Most have Pro Bowl incentives in their contracts, and the worse the team record, the less likely any of these guys will see Hawaii, no matter how well the defense does as a unit.

I'm sorry, but this public lip service (especially by the D) that "we lose as a team" is absurd.  You know guys like TKO, Williams, Fletcher, Clements, etc...are frothing at the mouth privately.  They are probably fuming that they have the lamest QB in the league and nothing he does inspires the offense to score points.  Drew has not made an extraordinary play in over 2 1/2 years!!! my god, that awful!!.   Even the O-linemen were quoted after the Miami game as wondering where that Drew came from? (the one who actually stepped up in the pocket and made a completion).  The Bills will be a divided team very soon and I don't wish injury on anyone, however, if one of our linemen did happen to leave the door open for a Cardinals player to flatten Drew, i wouldn't be too upset. Just a nice high ankle sprain or something.  Sorry, that's how I feel.  Unlike some people, I do believe that Shane Matthews could dink and dunk his way down the field better than Mr. canon arm.

86125[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm sure the defense is pissed off that the offense gave them the lead to protect late in the Jags and Jests games and they couldn't do the job and hold it. Not to mention a 7 point lead in the third against the Pats. ;)

Like it or not you do win and lose as a TEAM.

What they're really saying:

'Yo Eric, check out the revolving hubcabs on the Escalade. P-W's auto shop is off the hook.'

'Hey Schoeb, we still on for hunting in Texas over Thanksgiving?'

'Yeah man, those are real gold stripes sewn into the sweat suit - Mr.Wilson hooked me up with a ridiculous roster bonus.'

'You eating the last 34 wings?' 'Go ahead Big Mike, take them out'.

'Never mind my trouble in the red zone, Maura. How's the kids?'

'Hello Coach?'

'Yeah Tom'

'I'm going to the Canadian Ballet. Wanna come?'

86211[/snapback]

;)

Yeah, I'm sure the defense is pissed off that the offense gave them the lead to protect late in the Jags and Jests games and they couldn't do the job and hold it. Not to mention a 7 point lead in the third against the Pats.  ;)

Like it or not you do win and lose as a TEAM.

86224[/snapback]

Drew is my binky...don't talk bad of Drew.

PTR

Drew is my binky...don't talk bad of Drew.

PTR

86229[/snapback]

Yeah, that's your answer to everything, right? Call everyone a Drew apologist. I wouldn't lose a minute's sleep if DB was benched. I've seen enough of his boneheaded play to last me a lifetime and would love to see JPL.

Facts are facts and the defense caved when they had the lead, plain and simple.

Take your "binky" and shove it up your a$$. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Well if you are right and that is what they are saying, I hope donahoe cleans house again next year and starts over on both sides of the ball. If the defense was as good as everyone seems to think they are, then we wouldn't be 1-5. The defense has failed to hold a lead twice and prevent a team from scoring that basically has no QB and was missing their start RB.

When the defense sucks it up and starts playing to their hype, then they might have a tiny complaint. The only win this year was garnered when the offense kept the ball for 13 min of the 4th qtr so the defense couldn't again collapse in the closing seconds.

Don't get me wrong the offense is terrible, but great defenses don't go 1-5. There is nothing great about this defense. A small middle linebacker who can't keep his head on straight, an overpaid star LB whose celebrations are far more active than his play, a CB who thinks he is a star but can't catch a cold, an overweight tackle that throws a temper tantrum because mommy took him out of the game and a myriad of unknowns who disappear at inopportune times don't make a great defense. Together they make a defense for a 1-5 football team.

This defense seems to be defined by their "stats". Well I will trade the second ranked defense and 6 wins for the 20th ranked defense and a playoff berth any day.

I'm sorry, but this public lip service (especially by the D) that "we lose as a team" is absurd.  You know guys like TKO, Williams, Fletcher, Clements, etc...are frothing at the mouth privately.  They are probably fuming that they have the lamest QB in the league and nothing he does inspires the offense to score points.  Drew has not made an extraordinary play in over 2 1/2 years!!! my god, that awful!!.  Even the O-linemen were quoted after the Miami game as wondering where that Drew came from? (the one who actually stepped up in the pocket and made a completion).  The Bills will be a divided team very soon and I don't wish injury on anyone, however, if one of our linemen did happen to leave the door open for a Cardinals player to flatten Drew, i wouldn't be too upset. Just a nice high ankle sprain or something.  Sorry, that's how I feel.  Unlike some people, I do believe that Shane Matthews could dink and dunk his way down the field better than Mr. canon arm.

86125[/snapback]