This team NEEDS PLAYMAKERS Period!

firstngoal

The reason the Bills continue to be a mediocre team is that they lack playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Lee Evans is a playmaker but the Bills don't get him the ball :wallbash:

We need a STUD TE :thumbdown:

Another reliable receiver, and a HB that has 4.3 speed to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball 0:) wouldn't the Titans Chris Johnson look good in a Bills uniform right now?

On the defensive side we need a reliable DE that flies off the edge and records double digit sacks year in and year out. :(

A playmaker at the LB position (inside or out) :thumbsup:

A shutdown CB that has the ability to make a pick 6 now and then :thumbsup:

All of the above would be nice and make us a contender someday! :thumbsup:

what marshawn lynch and fred jackson did tonight didn't convince you that they are playmakers? r u serios?!?!

Yeah he is. Rbs with track speed are great and all. It's not something the bills need. Right now the bills biggest problems are defensive end/quarterback/c/te. The problem with quarterback is the answer is not on the roster, and we won't be in position to grab a Matt Stafford. Anyone who think Edwards is captain checkdown. You do not want the bills to go after Sam Bradford. That's all we would need screen passes in buffalo weather that fall short. You probably have to bring in a Cassell or someone to compete with edwards, and if doesnt work out next year then draft another qb. This is the year to fix the dend position. There will be about 5-7 good ones. Personally I'm hoping to Selvie or Orakpo. Our cb's are more then ok. Infact they're flat out good. McKelvin is gonna be a player in this league. Mcgee has quickly stepped up into one of the better corners in the league. The front 7 is the real problem. What a sobering season.

we didn't win last night.

but what does that have to do with us discussing if lynch and jackson are playmakers? :scratch:

I'm not saying that Lynch and Jackson aren't good enough or aren't playmakers...what I'm saying is they don't scare anyone...mediocre players make a mediocre team!

I'm sick of the Bills hovering around 8-8 every year.

I want MORE! :thumbdown:

I'm not saying that Lynch and Jackson aren't good enough or aren't playmakers...what I'm saying is they don't scare anyone...mediocre players make a mediocre team!

I'm sick of the Bills hovering around 8-8 every year.

I want MORE! :thumbdown:

Mediocre players make a mediocre team...... & this team has a MEDIOCRE QB in Trent Edwards.

I think last night showed us we need three big things...

1- Another target for Edwards, preferably at TE. TGonzalez would have been perfect for this team, absolutely perfect. Maybe we can take another run at him this offseason, otherwise we should look at free agents. I think LJ Smith was liked by the staff before Philly franchised him.

2- A real C. This should be our 1st round pick. Preston got blasted backwards so much last night it was terrible. Butler looked OK, I'm content to let him develop, but a real C is what we really need. Alex Mack of Cal seems to grade the highest, any draftniks want to chime in here?

3- Playmaker at OLB. Mitchell has been great, we need to compliment him on the other side. Hopefully, we can get someone who can also rush the passer. Mike Peterson is leaving Jax and has played in this defense before in Indy. I don't know too much about his pass rush abilities but the guy seems like a pretty sure tackler. We may be able to get him here.

I believe we are thisclose to really having a GREAT team. We are young and just need to let the players learn to win. Keep fighting and this team will have a real breakthough next year.

The reason the Bills continue to be a mediocre team is that they lack playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Lee Evans is a playmaker but the Bills don't get him the ball :wallbash:

We need a STUD TE :thumbdown:

Another reliable receiver, and a HB that has 4.3 speed to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball 0:) wouldn't the Titans Chris Johnson look good in a Bills uniform right now?

On the defensive side we need a reliable DE that flies off the edge and records double digit sacks year in and year out. :(

A playmaker at the LB position (inside or out) :thumbsup:

A shutdown CB that has the ability to make a pick 6 now and then :thumbsup:

All of the above would be nice and make us a contender someday! :thumbsup:

You're right, good teams have impact players that make game winning plays.

But if you tell fans that the Bills wasted a high pick on Whitner because he isn't an impact player they won't see the logic.

I think last night showed us we need three big things...

1- Another target for Edwards, preferably at TE. TGonzalez would have been perfect for this team, absolutely perfect. Maybe we can take another run at him this offseason, otherwise we should look at free agents. I think LJ Smith was liked by the staff before Philly franchised him.

Really? We could have had a receiving corps of Terrell Owens, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Antonio Gates and Bo Scaife and Trent still wouldn't have been able to hit them because he couldn't find an open receiver (other than Marshawn/Fred) if his life depended on it.

Trent IS the problem right now. The receiving corps (Johnson, Evans, & Parrish) were open all game and Trent refused to throw. That's what I say last night.

Really? We could have had a receiving corps of Terrell Owens, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Antonio Gates and Bo Scaife and Trent still wouldn't have been able to hit them because he couldn't find an open receiver (other than Marshawn/Fred) if his life depended on it.

Trent IS the problem right now. The receiving corps (Johnson, Evans, & Parrish) were open all game and Trent refused to throw. That's what I say last night.

Agreed, I think trent got gun shy. I would ask Kelly to speak to him...ints are just a part of football and you can never stop gunning.

I'd settle for reliable players at TE and WR, and a quality pass rusher.

Offensively, their problem is the same as it has been for years. They have one receiver they can count on, and that's it. If/when Josh Reed returns, he'll help somewhat, but they still lack someone who presents a consistent threat over the middle. At least they make some attempts at improving at WR every now and then, but apparently they're too stupid to even attempt to find a halfway decent receiving TE, something they haven't had in at least a decade. BTW, when was the last time this team had a decent passing game? About a decade ago. Coincidence? Probably not. Its a lot easier to play pass defense when you can all but ignore the middle third of the field.

Defense? A good rush end would solve most of their problems. Unfortunately, finding one is easier said than done. DE has become one of the hardest positions at which to find a playmaker, as most of the teams drafting that position in R1 have found out in recent years.