(OT) So, how was your week sports fans?

kasper13

I just lived through the worst week of my sports fan career of 27+ years.

From 8pm on Sunday, October 17th through Sunday, October 24th, I witnessed the following:

NY Yankees lose four straight to Boston in the worst collapse in sports history.

Boston College comes back in the 4th to beat Notre Dame 24-23.

UB Bulls get crushed again.

Buffalo Bills totally suck in Baltimore, Patriots win their 21st straight game and they don't care and neither do their "fans". Dolphins finally win a game.

Red Sox take two from St. Louis to start the World Series.

NHL Lockout continues- No Sabres games.

Buffalo Bills and UB Bulls are a combined 2-11. How did they win two games?

Thank God for alcohol. I HATE Boston. Something needs to turn around here. How was your week?

I had the worst week of my sports life too-

My Yanks collapse against the hated Red Sox

The Red Sox are up 2-0 and I live in Red Sox fan territory

My fantasy football team got demolished by my arch rival

My beloved Bills- no comment

I got bounced in a high stakes football survivor pool( :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: seahawks!)

no NHL

My UConn huskies star Freshman point guard is in critical condition

No hope for baseball, football or hockey...

oh yeah- I had free primo World Series tickets lined up for Yankee Stadium :angry:

Pretty much the same...

Notre Dame lost.

Bills lost.

NC State (which is my adopted home team) lost to Miami

No hockey

Still no news on baby joe

Yankees choke

Dolphins and Patriots both won. :angry:

I didn't stand a chance in the school football pool.

I'm waiting to see the results of my fantasy football team.

and Bledsoe is doing PR statements reminding us he is still the QB of our team.

I just lived through the worst week of my sports fan career of 27+ years.

From 8pm on Sunday, October 17th through Sunday, October 24th, I witnessed the following:

NY Yankees lose four straight to Boston in the worst collapse in sports history.

Boston College comes back in the 4th to beat Notre Dame 24-23.

UB Bulls get crushed again.

Buffalo Bills totally suck in Baltimore, Patriots win their 21st straight game and they don't care and neither do their "fans". Dolphins finally win a game.

Red Sox take two from St. Louis to start the World Series.

NHL Lockout continues- No Sabres games.

Buffalo Bills and UB Bulls are a combined 2-11. How did they win two games?

Thank God for alcohol. I HATE Boston. Something needs to turn around here. How was your week?

85728[/snapback]

Pats players nor the Pats fans really care too much about "the streak". Its nice and wins are wins but all we care about is the end result of what those wins could get us.

I had a fantastic sports week personally, My Sox came back from the dead to deal the Yankees the most embarrassing defeat in pretty much all of sports and are 2 wins away from winning a world series, My Patriots are 6-0 and are pretty much the cream of the AFC and possibly NFL crop so far this year.

This week could potentially top last week if the Sox can close things out and the Patriots beat another tough AFC rival.

Glad to see things are going bleakly for all of NY sports. Couldnt happen to better fans. :angry:

Well, yesterday Minnesota announced their team name and colors for their new Lacrosse team!

http://www.mnswarm.com

I went to the press conference, got to walk on the field at Xcel Energy Center, see some players playing the game. It was fun.

And their franchise home opener is against the Buffalo Bandits. :angry: I went to the first ever Bandits game in history as well. :lol:

So that's started the week off well -- hopefully it'll end well on Sunday :lol:

CW

Well..University of Tennessee beat Alabama (huge rivalry here) and keep lead in SEC, ranked 11 today. Fulmer is a coach and a half (not only physically...he's an ex offensive lineman who has Krispy Kreme on speed dial). He did it with a rebuilding team...two pure freshmen quarterbacks, freshman at a number of skill positions, pretty much a whole new defensive backfield. No excuses...just wins. What a difference from my very favorite team which is great on excuses, poor on performance. Not much into baseball, but the Sox did look pretty good. Overall, a very good sports week, with the exception of another pisspoor performance by Mularkey and Donohue.