Is This the Week That the Coaches....

Last year ML was getting 20+ carries per game. By the end of the season, he had clearly worn down. I wonder if his fewer opportunities this year is at least in part to the coaching staff trying to pace him for the season and make sure that he is good to go for the stretch run, especially when the weather turns bad. I suspect that this may be the week that the coaches stay committed to the running game -- and more importantly minimize Jackson's carries and use Lynch as a true workhorse.

Last year ML was getting 20+ carries per game. By the end of the season, he had clearly worn down. I wonder if his fewer opportunities this year is at least in part to the coaching staff trying to pace him for the season and make sure that he is good to go for the stretch run, especially when the weather turns bad. I suspect that this may be the week that the coaches stay committed to the running game -- and more importantly minimize Jackson's carries and use Lynch as a true workhorse.

That would entail the coach actually having to coach and I think we all know that Dick is STILL learning that on the fly. Maybe next year though.........

The pundants have been pushing this theory since early in the season and it makes sense however it would seem that if the coaches had this in mind and were looking at the big picture they would have used up a couple of gallons in the three division games (especially when the offense started to stagnate) and let him coast the next three against less important and lesser skilled opponents.

If Edwards comes out in early season form they should ride that horse and build as much of a lead as possible. But if he starts out sluggish they should be prepared to move to the run soon and often starting in the 1st half instead of waiting to discuss and/or implement it after the half.