Joey T thinks...

Risin

I'm sure I'll get a bunch of Theisman's a moron replies, but he is a so called "expert." This is from ESPN Insider...

"Which is a bigger problem -- coach Mike Mularkey's play calling or Drew Bledsoe?

It's hard to say. Bledsoe struggled last year and he's struggling this year so the fault is probably his and not the new coaching staff. The problem is the Bills have nowhere to turn to replace Bledsoe. They lost rookie QB J.P. Losman during the preseason and only have Shane Matthews to rely on in a pinch. Bledose's ineffective, but the Bills have no other options. Bledsoe, Kurt Warner and Vinny Testaverde are all the same guy. They aren't mobile and rely heavily on the protection of the offensive line to help them win games. None of these guys have the ability to lead a team without great protection or schemes that will get the ball out of their hands quickly.

Opposing defenses realize this and will just keep bringing pressure to disrupt their process and force them into making mistakes. That's what the Bills are currently facing. It's impossible for an NFL team to give up opportunities to score on a consistent basis due to turnovers and expect to win. Bledsoe has thrown seven interceptions compared to six touchdowns while amassing a quarterback rating of only 73.6. He's also only completing 57.2 percent of his passes, which ranks him 23rd out of 33 eligible quarterbacks in the league. Those are terrible numbers and a main reason why the Bills only have one victory this season."

No mention of dropped passes, piss poor blocking from the line, 4th quarter collapses from the D when it has the lead confirms that Joey T is an idiot who needs the plugged pulled ASAP!

85320[/snapback]

Huh? All Joey T was saying is that Drew is the biggest problem on the team, not the ONLY problem.

No mention of dropped passes, piss poor blocking from the line, 4th quarter collapses from the D when it has the lead confirms that Joey T is an idiot who needs the plugged pulled ASAP!

85320[/snapback]

4th quarter collapses by the D? I've heard enough of that. This Offense's job is to SCORE POINTS. maybe the team would not need to have the Defanse save the day if our Offense and it's LEADER would get the job done.

Joey T. is a moron, but he's not always wrong.

Here's what I don't like about his current theory, though. He's basing it on Bledsoe's comp %, INTs, and QB rating.... and before yesterday's game, Bledsoe's raw numbers weren't really that bad:

57.7 completion %, 6 TD passes to 3 INTs, and a QB rating of 86.24.

Compare that to his career averages: 57.0 comp %, 76.7 QB rating. And the 3 INTs would have projected to 10 for the season, which would've tied a team record for the fewest INTs in a 16-game season. So in other words, up until yesterday, he was having a GOOD season...right?

Now you know why even though I'm a stat geek, I'm not overly fond of the QB rating. The Rob Johnson Era should've taught us that much.

**DISCLAIMER: Mind you, I'm not disagreeing with Theismann's conclusion about Bledsoe... just the formula he used to get there....

I'm sure I'll get a bunch of Theisman's a moron replies,  but he is a so called "expert."  This is from ESPN Insider...

"Which is a bigger problem -- coach Mike Mularkey's play calling or Drew Bledsoe?

It's hard to say. Bledsoe struggled last year and he's struggling this year so the fault is probably his and not the new coaching staff. The problem is the Bills have nowhere to turn to replace Bledsoe. They lost rookie QB J.P. Losman during the preseason and only have Shane Matthews to rely on in a pinch. Bledose's ineffective, but the Bills have no other options. Bledsoe, Kurt Warner and Vinny Testaverde are all the same guy. They aren't mobile and rely heavily on the protection of the offensive line to help them win games. None of these guys have the ability to lead a team without great protection or schemes that will get the ball out of their hands quickly.

Opposing defenses realize this and will just keep bringing pressure to disrupt their process and force them into making mistakes. That's what the Bills are currently facing. It's impossible for an NFL team to give up opportunities to score on a consistent basis due to turnovers and expect to win. Bledsoe has thrown seven interceptions compared to six touchdowns while amassing a quarterback rating of only 73.6. He's also only completing 57.2 percent of his passes, which ranks him 23rd out of 33 eligible quarterbacks in the league. Those are terrible numbers and a main reason why the Bills only have one victory this season."

85229[/snapback]

Risin, thanks for the info. I admit I'm not much of a fan of Theisman's comments, but at this point, who knows? I appreciaet the post.

I'm sure I'll get a bunch of Theisman's a moron replies,  but he is a so called "expert."  This is from ESPN Insider...

85229[/snapback]

Risin, thanks for the info. I'm not a big fan of Theisman's comments, but at this point, who knows?

Risin, thanks for the info. I'm not a big fan of Theisman's comments, but at this point, who knows?

85414[/snapback]

hehe, no problem dood. I hate Joe ThEEsman, but he makes some valid points. Like others, I think blaming Drew is a shortcut to thinking, but for what he makes he should be a bigger part of the solution then the problem. For the last 2 seasons, I don't think it's been that way.

Just my humble opinion, by no means am I an "expert."

85320[/snapback]

What are you talking about? I'm not his biggest fan but how can you argue about that statement? I think he hit it dead on.