Explain to me the KR play...

murra

I was under the impression that if you step out of bounds, you can not be the first to touch the ball. Why then, was that player allowed to step out of bounds with his right foot first, then touch the ball and it be a penalty on Lindell. Not only does it seem illegal that he is altering the football's trajectory for his own benefit, but its not even football anymore when you're relying to that.

I'm not steaming as much as these fans who are calling for Dick's head, but if my assumption is correct, how do you not challenge what would end up being a 30 yard play, propelling them almost automatically into field goal rang?

I don't know, I'm just ranting here, and hopefully someone can tell me that there is a soon to be extinct rule that says you can only be the first one to touch the ball when you're !@#$ing over the Bills on a kickoff or something. Otherwise, the refs jobbed us on that one.

I was under the impression that if you step out of bounds, you can not be the first to touch the ball. Why then, was that player allowed to step out of bounds with his right foot first, then touch the ball and it be a penalty on Lindell. Not only does it seem illegal that he is altering the football's trajectory for his own benefit, but its not even football anymore when you're relying to that.

I'm not steaming as much as these fans who are calling for Dick's head, but if my assumption is correct, how do you not challenge what would end up being a 30 yard play, propelling them almost automatically into field goal rang?

I don't know, I'm just ranting here, and hopefully someone can tell me that there is a soon to be extinct rule that says you can only be the first one to touch the ball when you're !@#$ing over the Bills on a kickoff or something. Otherwise, the refs jobbed us on that one.

It's a rule. You see it now and again...it's a heads-up play by a member of the receiving team.

It's a rule. You see it now and again...it's a heads-up play by a member of the receiving team.

It's a stupid rule IMO. So because the ball lands in bounds but the player is out, the kicking team gets the penalty?!? Bush league rule to me....

It's a stupid rule IMO. So because the ball lands in bounds but the player is out, the kicking team gets the penalty?!? Bush league rule to me....

That's what I'm saying. And those who think its a rule are missing my argument. HIS FOOT IS OUT OF BOUNDS BEFORE HE TOUCHES THE BALL. Conflicting rules, obviously.

A player out of bounds is like anything else out of bounds. And a ball contacted by a player out of bounds on a KO is a spot at the 40.

I think if he steps out of bounds; then steps back in bounds; he can't be the first to touch the ball. But because he stepped out of bounds, stayed out of bounds, then got the ball; the ball is considered out of bounds.

I think that's the way it's ruled. Sucks for us; although I doubt we win regardless of that.

I think if he steps out of bounds; then steps back in bounds; he can't be the first to touch the ball. But because he stepped out of bounds, stayed out of bounds, then got the ball; the ball is considered out of bounds.

I think that's the way it's ruled. Sucks for us; although I doubt we win regardless of that.

I just chalk it up to a smart play by a Jets' player. It's a risk when a KO nears the sidelines.

I didn't see the game. Was it an errant kick, a bounce and roll, or what?

I just chalk it up to a smart play by a Jets' player. It's a risk when a KO nears the sidelines.

The kick was perfect. It was bouncing near the sidelines and never came within 3 feet of the sidelines. This guy just steps out with the left foot, stays in with the right, and grabs the ball. I guess its a heads-up play, but the rule is retarded. No reason you should be trying to do stupid crap like that. This is football.

That's true, the guy knew the rules. But the rule is bad .... he made a wrong call that the ball would go out of bounce. He chose to go out of bounds, no Bills was around him. If anything it should be a penalty on receiving team for being an ineligible receive at that point.