Ted Rogers admitted to hospital

JuanGuzman

This is the guy who is financing the Toronto Bill's series and the logical purchaser if Ralph Wilson were to sell the team.

Ted Rogers admitted to hospital, temporarily hands over CEO responsibilities

6 hours ago

TORONTO — Ted Rogers, the self-made billionaire who founded Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX:RCI.B), was admitted to hospital Friday for what his company called an "existing cardiac condition" and handed over responsibility for the conglomerate to a trusted deputy.

A Rogers spokeswoman declined to provide any details about the state of the 75-year-old businessman's health and the company's announcement said only that "the length of Mr. Rogers' leave will be determined by his overall health and medical progress."

Alan Horn, currently chairman of Rogers' board and a longtime associate of Ted Rogers, will take over as acting CEO in the meantime.

Rogers, who last spoke publicly as recently as Tuesday during a conference call, has continued to play an active role in the company that bears his name.

It now owns the Toronto Blue Jays and their home the Rogers Centre, five Citytv television stations across the country, as well as the Rogers cable, wireless, radio and television businesses.

Ted Rogers, who began his first business while still in university, has long been listed among Canada's most wealthy individuals and is widely regarded as a pioneer of the Canadian communications industry.

Can Press

Also I post this not to gloat but because its interesting news to Bills fans in Buffalo, Toronto and around the world. I wish Ted Rogers a speedy recovery.

This is the guy who is financing the Toronto Bill's series and the logical purchaser if Ralph Wilson were to sell the team.

Can Press

Also I post this not to gloat but because its interesting news to Bills fans in Buffalo, Toronto and around the world. I wish Ted Rogers a speedy recovery.

yeah I feel a bit bad about commenting on how unwell he looked when discussing the Bills and the possible future move to Toronto.

Get well soon Mr Rogers.

I hope he paid RW in full already.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't, maybe that's why he suddenly got "sick".

I'm sorry Ralph, I can't pay you the other 60 Million I owe you because people aren't buying the overpriced tickets.... I mean because I'm sick and have to go to the hospital now, I'm not even CEO anymore, sorry, call back later. :devil: