That was their 'Trap' game...

webtoe

Despite the long-stanidng rivalry with the Dolphins, this has all the characteristics of a 'Trap' game that they fell into.

• Big 'signature' win last week
  • An increase in positive press coverage
  • A road game against an inferior opponent that they had defeated the last 4 times.
  • A motivated divisional opponent
  • Two big Division games coming up (Favre & Pats).

Add to that a few key injuries (Schobel, Youbouty, Reed).

Afterwards, they came out and said that they were not as prepared as they thought they were. I have full confidence that will not happen the next two weeks, and the Bills will be 7-2 and 2-1 in the Division. :sick:

Despite the long-stanidng rivalry with the Dolphins, this has all the characteristics of a 'Trap' game that they fell into.

• Big 'signature' win last week
  • An increase in positive press coverage
  • A road game against an inferior opponent that they had defeated the last 4 times.
  • A motivated divisional opponent
  • Two big Division games coming up (Favre & Pats).

Add to that a few key injuries (Schobel, Youbouty, Reed).

Afterwards, they came out and said that they were not as prepared as they thought they were. I have full confidence that will not happen the next two weeks, and the Bills will be 7-2 and 2-1 in the Division. <_<

I think you totally nailed it.

The NFL is very even right now--no real dominant teams, and only a few terrible teams. So any given week, teams that just played well play poorly, and vice versa.

For example, San Diego loses to Miami and then pounds New England--so they are back. Then the Bills beat them, after the Bills suffered a bad loss to Arizona. New England gets pounded by San Diego, then pounds Denver. Arizona gets pounded by the Jets, then beats the Bills and Cowboys. Miami beats NE and San Diego, then lose to a winless Houston team. It goes on and on. The whole season has been like that--not just with the Bills.

If things go according to this roller coaster form, I expect the Bills to do very well against the Jets. I am not nearly as sure that they will beat NE in NE. But after the NE game, the Bills have four consecutive very winnable games(Cle, at KC, SF and Mia). If the Bills go 6-3, and stay reasonably focused, no reason they cannot be 10-3, or at the worst 9-4, when they hit the final three games which are a bit tougher(at Jets, at Den, NE). I like our chances...CD